Star Wars: Rogue One

This is from a CNN article about the succesful opening weekend:

With its strong performance, "Rogue One" has shown that Disney can make Star Wars films that fans will want to see even if they have nothing to do with the core story.

Um. No it hasn't. Rogue One has everything to do with the core story.

They will have to make a story that takes place 1,000 years before or after the main story before they can prove this.

• Fire 2

This is from a CNN article about the succesful opening weekend:

With its strong performance, "Rogue One" has shown that Disney can make Star Wars films that fans will want to see even if they have nothing to do with the core story.

Um. No it hasn't. Rogue One has everything to do with the core story.

They will have to make a story that takes place 1,000 years before or after the main story before they can prove this.

Who in the world from CNN wrote that line about this new Star Wars movie, a Star Trek fan? LOL. (I'm kidding I know there are fans if both.)

But seriously. Moraine is correct in pointing out the flaw in that article. Rogue One is absolutely essential to the core story of Star Wars (episodes 4-6).

s it stands now, if one wanted to see all the Star Wars films, one after the other, in the correct timeline:

The Phantom Menace

The Clone Wars

Revenge of the Sith

Rogue One

Star Wars

Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

The Force Awakens

Coming Star Wars movies:

* Young Han Solo

* The Force Awakens, Part 2

* The Force Awakens, Part 3

* As of yet untitled movies with TBD release dates.

I would expect a stand alone Han Solo movie to fit chronologically either about the time of Phantom Menace or Rogue One.

Perhaps sandwich a Han Solo movie in between the Phantom Menace and Rogue One so it could be episode 3.25....LOL

s it stands now, if one wanted to see all the Star Wars films, one after the other, in the correct timeline:

The Phantom Menace

The Clone Wars

Revenge of the Sith

Rogue One

Star Wars

Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

The Force Awakens

Coming Star Wars movies:

* Young Han Solo

I would expect a stand alone Han Solo movie to fit chronologically either about the time of Phantom Menace or Rogue One.

Perhaps sandwich a Han Solo movie in between the Phantom Menace and Rogue One so it could be episode 3.25....LOL

I knew they were making a Han Solo movie and then completely forgot about it.

Just found a chart with character ages. Han Solo was 29 in A New Hope. Luke was 19. So Han would have been 10 during Revenge of the Sith. I imagine a movie about him would take place when he's 20 (so that it's totally okay to have a different actor) which would be halfway between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

• Fire 1

The Phantom Menace

The Clone Wars

Revenge of the Sith

Rogue One

Star Wars

Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

The Force Awakens

Coming Star Wars movies:

* Young Han Solo

I knew they were making a Han Solo movie and then completely forgot about it.

Just found a chart with character ages. Han Solo was 29 in A New Hope. Luke was 19. So Han would have been 10 during Revenge of the Sith. I imagine a movie about him would take place when he's 20 (so that it's totally okay to have a different actor) which would be halfway between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

I completely mistyped that...I totally meant sandwich a young Han Solo movie in between Revenge of the Jedi and Rogue One.

I have no idea why I said Phantom Menace.

I don't think there's any confirmation on what the third stand-alone movie will be after Episode IX, but God, would I love a KOTOR based film.

They've picked a Han Solo actor already. Or are you talking about a different movie? Have they confirmed they're making 3 "offshoot" movies in this so-called series that Rogue One belongs to?

I believe so. I guess I could be wrong but I've felt certain that they originally announced plans for a new trilogy, as well as three stand-alone "A Star Wars Story" films in the off years. The 3rd was originally rumored to be a Jango Fett story, but that was either axed or never true to begin with.

Thinking more about the Han Solo movie.

I'd bet on them having Jabba the Hutt in it. Then they'd also have Greedo and Boba Fett and a bunch of other beings who worked with Jabba.

Less likely but possible would be a cameo of young Luke and his aunt and uncle walking by the screen. Maybe Han needs to go to Toche Station on his way to Jabba and Uncle Owen happens to be buying power converters that day ;)

Which brings something up... it's pretty funny Luke was hanging out around in towns publicly going by the name Skywalker the whole time. I suppose Vader told everyone there was nothing on that dumpy planet Tatooine to bother with so there was little to no empire presence until R2D2 landed there.

• Fire 1

Which brings something up... it's pretty funny Luke was hanging out around in towns publicly going by the name Skywalker the whole time. I suppose Vader told everyone there was nothing on that dumpy planet Tatooine to bother with so there was little to no empire presence until R2D2 landed there.

I imagine not many people around the galaxy had any idea that Vader was originally Anakin Skywalker, and with Anakin believing that Padme (and her child/children) had died in child birth, it doesn't seem like there'd be any threat to being a Skywalker as long as he wasn't living a life that would catch the attention of the Empire and have his name repeated to higher ups, maybe?

I don't think there's any confirmation on what the third stand-alone movie will be after Episode IX, but God, would I love a KOTOR based film.

They've picked a Han Solo actor already. Or are you talking about a different movie? Have they confirmed they're making 3 "offshoot" movies in this so-called series that Rogue One belongs to?

I believe so. I guess I could be wrong but I've felt certain that they originally announced plans for a new trilogy, as well as three stand-alone "A Star Wars Story" films in the off years. The 3rd was originally rumored to be a Jango Fett story, but that was either axed or never true to begin with.

The third was going to be a Boba Fett stand alone movie.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-how-close-we-were-to-getting-a-boba-fett-movie-di-1789274929

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/24/a-boba-fett-a-star-wars-story-announcement-was-cancelled-at-the-last-minute-in-2015

• Fire 2

Thinking more about the Han Solo movie.

I'd bet on them having Jabba the Hutt in it. Then they'd also have Greedo and Boba Fett and a bunch of other beings who worked with Jabba.

Less likely but possible would be a cameo of young Luke and his aunt and uncle walking by the screen. Maybe Han needs to go to Toche Station on his way to Jabba and Uncle Owen happens to be buying power converters that day ;)

The Han movie will probably be more about his time in the Empiral Navy or earlier I would guess.

Also wasn't Tatooine a pretty remote place? I seem to remeber one of the movies indicating the Empire rarely ever visted the planet, hence why Obi Wan took Luke there again.