Kevin Williams to Transfer to Michigan State

However, it just baffles me. I wish at some point he would explain why going this year to Kentucky makes sense.

I'm sure he has his reasons but it totally baffles me at this point.

I don't know why it is so baffling to you. He has been at NU for 5 years. Maybe he's sick of the fishbowl that is NU football and wants to get away from it. He would be going on his 3rd DL coach in 3 years here. And its not the same staff that recruited him.

I saw somewhere that he recently had a relative pass. He is from Ohio, UK is probably a few hours drive from his family/hometown. Maybe he just wants to be closer to home because of that.

All I'm saying is that I would be interested in hearing the reasons. I said that I'm sure he has his reasons. And....I'm not expecting to ever know them because it's a private choice. To me, it just seems odd.

He was just on the afternoon show of usc and said he wanted to go to a team that would further his development and draftability, he said it was a little harder making the decision since JP took over but not enough to change his mind. Thought the chance to play in the SEC would help his draft stock. This was amongst other reasons, some were about the change in coaching staffs.

I'll go on record right now and say "KEVIN WILLIAMS WILL NOT PLAY A SNAP IN THE NFL."

But more power to him if he thinks he can get some sort of coaching in the next 6 months that he hasn't gotten in the past 5 years, that's going to get him to the next level.

Best of luck.

I defended his rant last preseason, still don't think it was THAT bad, but this was tough to get through and understand.

https://m.soundcloud.com/unsportsmanlike-conduct-1/apr-18-seg-12-former-husker-defensive-lineman-kevin-williams

Can't blame him for doing what he views is best for his future. But maybe he should realize his best marketability is playing more then 3 games a season. Also Hughes must have been just awful. Glad MR realized that and didn't drag it out any longer.

I defended his rant last preseason, still don't think it was THAT bad, but this was tough to get through and understand.https://m.soundcloud.com/unsportsmanlike-conduct-1/apr-18-seg-12-former-husker-defensive-lineman-kevin-williams

What was his rant? I vaguely recall something, but can't remember the details.

His "I'm not a backup," rant. After this latest interview, I may have taken his rant out of context, and gave him credit for more than I should. I don't know though, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt then. The decision to leave and the reasons he gave in this interview don't add up, to me, but I'm not him and if his parents and girlfriend agree that going to the SEC is going to improve his draft stock, best of luck.

Especially since he "obviously would've been a starter this year," at Nebraska.

clearly this guy thinks he's better than, or more accurately, thinks he's too good to be coached by the nebraska coaching into the NFL, and too good to play with the current team.

like riley said, we might be more than fine.

When did Riley say we might be more than fine?

clearly this guy thinks he's better than, or more accurately, thinks he's too good to be coached by the nebraska coaching into the NFL, and too good to play with the current team.

in the post spring game presser

Ah, ok. I thought you meant Riley was saying addition by subtraction. But he wasn't saying that at all. He was just expressing excitement about the guys who were coming back.

I like Riley's demeanor and attitude a lot.

Ah, ok. I thought you meant Riley was saying addition by subtraction. But he wasn't saying that at all. He was just expressing excitement about the guys who were coming back.

I like Riley's demeanor and attitude a lot.

i think it was a double entendre. but ok.