USA Today Sports: How 'Calabraska' is making an impact on 2017 recruiting

Wow, some of you read quite a lot of subtext into a comment unrelated to Riley.

In the context of all your posts, pretty easy to read.

I've said many complementary things about Riley and his staff. Which is more than can be said for the people here who hate the last staff. I just don't see them as an upgrade and they put NU in a pickle regardless of their level of success. But that's certainly not relevant to my posts in this thread.

I just find the clausens to be too bro-ish for my taste. They talk a good game, but some of the actions here in California are suspect.

• Fire 2

I've said many complementary things about Riley and his staff. Which is more than can be said for the people here who hate the last staff. I just don't see them as an upgrade and they put NU in a pickle regardless of their level of success. But that's certainly not relevant to my posts in this thread.

I just find the clausens to be too bro-ish for my taste. They talk a good game, but some of the actions here in California are suspect.

i thought the story was about how recruiting in California was going great for Nebraska. you had to turn it into your personal bias against clausen instead of leaving it as a success story about Nebraska recruiting.

• Fire 6

Clausen strikes me as slimy as hell.

Reminds me of how Saban recruits too. "I have all the connections to make you great." Only problem is, he's supposed to be a HS coach and not allowed to recruit.

so we get highly ranked recruits from a school....and you feel obligated to denigrate their coach?

fwiw....private high schools all over the country do recruit players.

It's a public high school.

This is Casey's older brother. And yes, he strikes me as a dirtbag, which is a sentiment shared by many here in the LA area.

can i get a complete list of who can and who can not be called a "dirtbag"?

As long as they're not a member of this forum, anyone and everyone can be called a dirtbag.

Even though we are not allowed to call them out by name, some members of this forum certainly fall into the category of dirtbag.

• Fire 1

i thought the story was about how recruiting in California was going great for Nebraska. you had to turn it into your personal bias against clausen instead of leaving it as a success story about Nebraska recruiting.

Exactly. He does this same sort of thing in every thread he participates in. Pretty disgusting really.

• Fire 2

If you've said "many complimentary things" about Riley and his staff you should be able to quote them for us. I'm talking actual quotes and links to the threads.

Clausen strikes me as slimy as hell.

Reminds me of how Saban recruits too. "I have all the connections to make you great." Only problem is, he's supposed to be a HS coach and not allowed to recruit.

Perhaps nothing shows you are hoping for failure under Riley's watch more than this post. So you loved Bo and didn't think he should get fired. Fine, but it is time to move on and hope for the success of the program. Or abandon Nebraska and pick another program to support...

You serious, Clark?

How exactly does CM's post you quoted have anything to do with Riley's success/failure, or have anything to do with Nebraska, even? Unless you are using your mom's bingo marker to fabricate dots to connect, his post mentions nothing the but the inferred sleazy sports agent/used-car salesman-type comment Clausen made.

Even if you take it in context with all of CM's other posts, to suggest that the one you quoted epitomizes any disdain (or "distain" as so many here like to spell it) he has for Riley and/or "love" for Bo, is exceedingly laughable, extremely speculative and hyperbolic, and blatantly biased. And also quite likely incorrect.

Guess I'm going to lock this thread since ya'll ruined it.

Thanks guys.

In the future, lets try to keep stuff on topic. Some need to make sure you don't inject your opinion on things into every single thread, and others need to stop jumping all over each other for differing opinions.