Rate Patrick O'Brien's performance

I know POB is the shiny new toy, but it is kind of surprising to see that people aren't even mentioning Tanner Lee in some of these discussions for the future.

As of right now, I'd say there's a very good chance POB redshirts this year barring no injuries. Next year, Tanner Lee will be eligible to play and he has about 20 starts under his belt. I think there's a very good (and, in my opinion, likely) chance that TL is the starter in 2017 and POB is the backup.

Interesting. I didn't know about Tanner Lee, I don't get to read here as much as I'd like and this is where I get nearly all of my Husker info. I'll have to look him up, gotta be a thread here somewhere about him. unibrow.gif

It appears quite possible that we will have a real QB controversy brewing in 2017 with a battle royale between Obrien, Gabbia, Martel, Bush, and Martel. Obviously if all you who insist we should redshirt POB to save his freshman year of eligibility have your way, we can simply let the fans decide with a big fan ballot vote for picking the starter in 2017 from amongst those four superstars without experience.

We have to build for the future or we will never have one to the level we want. This is the cycle of mediocrity that one gets into when you don't make the full blown commitment to rebuild and develop the future. I hope we have done some of this last year as we certainly didn't seem to be focused on winning now at all costs.

Did this guy really say Martel lol. He wont be here ever other then his visit he may take.

Qb chart will look like this next year.

Qb1 Lee

Qb2 POB

Qb3 Jebbia because Bush will leave.

It appears quite possible that we will have a real QB controversy brewing in 2017 with a battle royale between Obrien, Gabbia, Martel, Bush, and Martel. Obviously if all you who insist we should redshirt POB to save his freshman year of eligibility have your way, we can simply let the fans decide with a big fan ballot vote for picking the starter in 2017 from amongst those four superstars without experience.

We have to build for the future or we will never have one to the level we want. This is the cycle of mediocrity that one gets into when you don't make the full blown commitment to rebuild and develop the future. I hope we have done some of this last year as we certainly didn't seem to be focused on winning now at all costs.

Did this guy really say Martel lol. He wont be here ever other then his visit he may take.

Qb1 Lee

Qb2 POB

Oops! I meant to write Tanner Lee, the 'lost' QB in the whole conversation. But, I would be surprised if Martel is not a Husker too as he wants to be - just waiting on the scholarship offer I suspect. Why would Bush leave? He should certainly be returning punts and kick offs while awaiting his opportunity to play QB. He demonstrated his slashing, quick running abilities in the spring game certainly. Big, strong, fast, elusive, slashing and courageous. That is the ideal returner.

Qb1 Lee

Qb2 POB

Oops! I meant to write Tanner Lee, the 'lost' QB in the whole conversation. But, I would be surprised if Martel is not a Husker too as he wants to be - just waiting on the scholarship offer I suspect. Why would Bush leave? He should certainly be returning punts and kick offs while awaiting his opportunity to play QB. He demonstrated his slashing, quick running abilities in the spring game certainly. Big, strong, fast, elusive, slashing and courageous. That is the ideal returner.

If they even had a thought Martel would commit here with an offer he would have an offer already.

Yep, I missed the whole Tanner Lee deal. This changes my view. If its at all possible, redshirt POB this year. Hopefully we don't have to ask Fyfe to start.

How did you manage that Elf?

Like I said in the post prior to that one, I don't get to read nearly enough here. In fact, I don't get to read most of the threads and sometimes I don't get to make it here for days at a time. So it's not hard to miss stuff.

*Edit* Considering the lack of talk about Tanner Lee in this thread its kinda hard to believe I am the only one who missed this. :)