Rate Patrick O'Brien's performance

Oye...

So POB, I'll admit, didn't look like a world beater. I expect him to at best be competing for the backup job.

He had the misfortune of some cruddy snaps but not a great excuse. He looked like nerves were getting to him, understandable since he is a freshman and we had 72k fans in attendance.

But man, he throws a hell of a ball. A few of those throws were just phenomenal. He has a bright fiture here, no doubt about it.

• Fire 1

Maybe Riley needs to analyze why his first year QB's continuously struggle with decisions, making mistakes, and throwing INT's. Maybe Riley needs to take pressure off his first-year QB's with a strong running game.

I just don't see why Riley needs to be focusing on the success of 2017, when the team just finished the 2016 Spring practice and are 4 1/2 months from seeing a real game in 2016. Yes, the coaches need to have some of their attention on the future, but there are real games that count in 2016 that they need to focus on first.

I think coaches always have to take a long view on a program. But I agree, no current season should be sacrificed for future hope. I'm in 100% agreement on that point.

• Fire 1

I think POB looks fine, but he lifts his back foot/leg off the ground when he throws, which seems odd.

I think POB played a lot of baseball in his younger days before focusing on football. Most baseball players/pitchers follow through with their back foot after throwing the ball. It's probably just a holdover from playing baseball.

I think POB looks fine, but he lifts his back foot/leg off the ground when he throws, which seems odd.

I think POB played a lot of baseball in his younger days before focusing on football. Most baseball players/pitchers follow through with their back foot after throwing the ball. It's probably just a holdover from playing baseball.

Wouldn't the QB Whisperer Langs get him to change that already, or you think he's ok with it?

Wouldn't the QB Whisperer Langs get him to change that already, or you think he's ok with it?

It's just him following through. If it helps POB get his legs into his throws, it's not a huge deal.

It's just him following through. If it helps POB get his legs into his throws, it's not a huge deal.

Okie dokie, then. I just hadn't seen the motion so pronounced before in a QB.

There is abso

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a QB lifting the back leg and bringing it forward. In-fact many QB coaches teach that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKekaOuWtog. If you look at Peyton, he has similar mechanics, the only difference is that POB leg lift is a little more pronounced. Might have been due to nerves, and trying to put a lot of power into his throw.

There is abso

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a QB lifting the back leg and bringing it forward. In-fact many QB coaches teach that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKekaOuWtog. If you look at Peyton, he has similar mechanics, the only difference is that POB leg lift is a little more pronounced. Might have been due to nerves, and trying to put a lot of power into his throw.

Most of us are not use to seeing a QB at Nebraska that has proper mechanics for a passing QB. POB looked pretty good to me on Saturday throwing the ball. Most of his throws had beautiful placement. Tommy Armstrong even looked much improved throwing the shorter routes. It is going to be exciting to see what Danny L. can do with Patrick in the future.

There is abso

I noticed it on his h.s. vids, must be the baseball influence, as mentioned. Just hope a renegade DT or DE doesn't break it for him.

It's not a huge deal either way. I actually like it, because it shows me he is using his footwork and legs to get into the throw, and not depending solely on his arm. Legs help with power and accuracy.

It's a different sport, but I watch a lot of kids on my son's baseball team want to just use their arms to make a throw or pitch, and they aren't as successful if they use their entire body.

There is abso

I noticed it on his h.s. vids, must be the baseball influence, as mentioned. Just hope a renegade DT or DE doesn't break it for him.

i just hope none of the guys get hurt by a "renegade" tackle.

There is abso

I dunno, with his leg sticking that far out, I can envision some crazy pile up where he and leg are bent/contorted all over the place.

There is abso

I dunno, with his leg sticking that far out, I can envision some crazy pile up where he and leg are bent/contorted all over the place.

I would rather have his leg lifted up in the air, instead of stuck on the ground waiting for flying bodies to hit it while it's stationary.