The General Election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0K_9RDeFE

Watch the whole thing. I get chills and I was damn near moved to tears. This is one of the most powerful moments I've ever witnessed.

It is true that Trump hasn't sacrificed anything. But neither have the Clinton's, did you forget that Bill dodged the draft? That puts the Clinton's is a worse light than a spoiled millionaire. Of course you will never hear that from the mainstream media.

http://deadpresidents.tumblr.com/post/3694647682/how-did-clinton-dodge-the-draft

I just read into both Clinton and Trump with regards to the draft and they both used school to get out of it and then finally Trump said/showed he had bone spurs after 4 previous school deferments. Clinton also had school deferments, then was headed to grad school and they gave delays to Rhodes scholars. I checked Snopes... not Deadspin.

So I'm not sure how Clinton is "in a worse light" for dodging the draft when they both received deferments for school.

Trump says he's "taking gloves off" after "being attacked" at convention.

Good luck getting moderates and independents to vote for you that way. This is basically exactly what Clinton said about how easily provoked he is.

Those teeny, tiny, itty, bitty, widdle gloves?

Saw that and agree with almost every word.

Yup. I'm anxious to see what the outcome of Harry Reids suggestion that Trump can not be trusted with Intelligence Briefings. That's gonna gain some momentum on both sides I think - there's no way he can keep his mouth shut or stop himself from getting on Twitter to share information.

Trump laying groundwork to get out of the debates?

This is from Josh Marshall, editor of talking points memo. First tweet below, but then he goes on for 12 more, so they are all stitched together:

Apropos of this I've long thought there was a decent chance Trump wouldn't show for the debates. What I cldnt figure out was how he'd pull it off. You can see already that he has a need to assert dominance over the process, create conflict and drama. Yet I think there's a decent chance he'll try to skip out on the whole thing. But how without seeming like a coward? I think it will go like this. Next month Trump will start complaining that the process is rigged because Stein and Johnson aren't allowed in. They can be if they get to 15% in the polls. That seems unlikely for Johnson, impossible for Stein. But Trump will say that's not fair and he won't participate in a rigged process. Trump know he's better in a multi person debate. Because aren't really debate like a one on one is. He also knows that Stein wld likely join him tag teaming Clinton. But the debate commission has had these rules for years and won't be inclined bend them. Clinton won't agree because it amounts to being bullied and rule breaking and disadvantages her. So you can easily see a chain of events where the debates simply never happen but Trump has built an argument abt a "rigged" system that will pass the laugh test with many supporters. I think he'd prefer a spectacle or a fight, an assertion of dominance where he debates solely on his terms or ideally not at all. I'm not sure this scenario is more likely than not. But I think he wld prefer not to debate and if he tries to get out of it this will be his strategy.

Trump laying groundwork to get out of the debates?

This is from Josh Marshall, editor of talking points memo. First tweet below, but then he goes on for 12 more, so they are all stitched together:

Apropos of this I've long thought there was a decent chance Trump wouldn't show for the debates. What I cldnt figure out was how he'd pull it off. You can see already that he has a need to assert dominance over the process, create conflict and drama. Yet I think there's a decent chance he'll try to skip out on the whole thing. But how without seeming like a coward? I think it will go like this. Next month Trump will start complaining that the process is rigged because Stein and Johnson aren't allowed in. They can be if they get to 15% in the polls. That seems unlikely for Johnson, impossible for Stein. But Trump will say that's not fair and he won't participate in a rigged process. Trump know he's better in a multi person debate. Because aren't really debate like a one on one is. He also knows that Stein wld likely join him tag teaming Clinton. But the debate commission has had these rules for years and won't be inclined bend them. Clinton won't agree because it amounts to being bullied and rule breaking and disadvantages her. So you can easily see a chain of events where the debates simply never happen but Trump has built an argument abt a "rigged" system that will pass the laugh test with many supporters. I think he'd prefer a spectacle or a fight, an assertion of dominance where he debates solely on his terms or ideally not at all. I'm not sure this scenario is more likely than not. But I think he wld prefer not to debate and if he tries to get out of it this will be his strategy.

I think that is indeed the case - he knows he won't be able to hide with name calling one on one, and honestly, Hillary will crush him when any question is asked that requires content and information in a response - so all of them. I can't wait.