The General Election

lol, dudeguyy.. all special interest groups do this, but for some reason you think post like it is only "American Petroleum Institute".

How did he "post like it is only" them? Where did he say they're the only ones?

Oh, so then he has spoken out against other groups like this one? I must have missed him railing on those groups. Can you point me to where he has done that? Thanks!

lol, dudeguyy.. all special interest groups do this, but for some reason you think post like it is only "American Petroleum Institute".

Oh, so then he has spoken out against other groups like this one? I must have missed him railing on those groups. Can you point me to where he has done that? Thanks!

I haven't ever heard you speak out against child sex slavery. I guess you act like that isn't a problem in the world and you don't care.

I haven't ever heard you speak out against child sex slavery. I guess you act like that isn't a problem in the world and you don't care.

I am not surprised you don't see the difference.

Nah, man. Screw all lobbyists. Not just the API. It's not right that money determines legislation. Their commercial is just humorously shallow to me. It seems so... lame. Like it was trying to be hip and it just failed. I immediately assumed it was some Koch-sponsored group since it was pushing unfettered gas and oil production. Turns out my assumption was wrong, but it was still big money fighting for lax energy regulations...

Hilariously relevant Youtube clip:

In case you didn't know...

The difference doesn't matter. You're implying that because he mentioned one thing, that he only thinks that one thing is a problem. That's stupid. Conversations aren't empty vacuums and go in certain directions. Talking about one example in a topic is not evidence that you don't believe other examples exist.

The difference doesn't matter. You're implying that because he mentioned one thing, that he only thinks that one thing is a problem. That's stupid. Conversations aren't empty vacuums and go in certain directions. Talking about one example in a topic is not evidence that you don't believe other examples exist.

it does matter, but you make a good argument with this post.

I'm shocked (but then again not shocked with all the Hillary defenders on here) that nobody has brought up her fainting today. There has been much pushback that questions of Hillary's health is just another conspiracy theory, but these episodes continue to happen.

Tom Brokaw stated that he thinks she needs to see a neurologist. I would agree as something definitely is off with her health.

• Fire 2

Oh, Bnil, you never miss an opportunity. I'll give you that.

It's not an opportunity...it's General Election news. I'm sure if Trump had fainted you and many others would be posting on here. First and foremost, she needs to be focused on her own health for the sake of her daughter and grandchild. Running for POTUS is a stressful endeavor. Something is not right with her routine coughing fits and falls (both this year and from a few years ago). If that is affecting her memory (as she claimed she couldn't remember many things in her FBI testimony), she should be up front about that.

• Fire 2

When you say something is not right because of coughing, with no medical expertise, you look silly.

Of course this is news. I'm guessing she was dehydrated and got some form of heat exhaustion. But I don't know because I'm not qualified to know.

It's medically irresponsible what Trump and his camp are pushing. "Something is not right." "This casts doubts."

I'm going into healthcare and it pisses me off. It's irresponsible as hell to speculate like that. Let alone as a presidential candidate.

That said, I'm all for complete medical transparency for any and all medical candidates. That may include Clinton getting another checkup and releasing the results publicly. But it would also entail Trump getting a real medical letter a legitimate doctor.

• Fire 2

Where's the "It's a HIPAA violation!!" guy now? Wasn't that a thing on HuskerBoard a couple years ago?

Regarding the fainting, it's being reported by multiple news sources, and not just the Breitbarts of the world. Clinton's going to have to address the health question, because like it or not, Trump is making it stick. It's a concern to see a major candidate - the presumptive candidate, no less - wobbling like that. That's a huge concern for someone who wants me to give her the power to put her finger on the nuclear button.

Personally, I'd still rather have Tim Kaine be president than Trump OR Pence. So for me it's kind of a moot point.

I'd take Johnson, but unfortunately, if Clinton passed away tomorrow, I still don't know that he'd pull it off.

But I agree, it's not nothing. Ought to be an interesting couple days. She should just take an examination and release the results to the world. I'd think that would put the issue to bed. Unless Trump starts up with "the American medical system is rigged." Then we're all screwed.