The General Election

From what I understand, the RNC has exact procedures in place for such an emergency situation, where delegates I believe come together to pick the new candidate. It sounds like the DNC process is less defined but I believe both require the candidate to actually drop out (assuming they are not deceased) before a new candidate can be named. Also, the latest it could be done would be one month before the election.

Hillary's team are pushing that she is going to be better and any talk like this is nonsense, so unless she decided to drop out, it's still Trump vs Clinton on Nov 8.

• Fire 1

If Clinton dropped out of the election, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaine get more votes than she would have gotten. Same goes with Trump.

I don't want Clinton to be seriously ill but I would vote for her even if she was because I'd rather have Kaine be president than Trump.

Well you are right that both VP candidates would be more popular than the tops of the tickets. Now if it were a race between Pence and Kaine, I think Pence would win as it appears the GOP is doing better than expected in many key Senate races.

• Fire 1

If Clinton dropped out of the election, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaine get more votes than she would have gotten. Same goes with Trump.

I don't want Clinton to be seriously ill but I would vote for her even if she was because I'd rather have Kaine be president than Trump.

Well you are right that both VP candidates would be more popular than the tops of the tickets. Now if it were a race between Pence and Kaine, I think Pence would win as it appears the GOP is doing better than expected in many key Senate races.

I think so too. All the Republicans had to do was nominate someone who wasn't a jackass in order to win this election.

• Fire 1

Pence is a much more cookie-cutter hard Tea Party Pub, though. He'd struggle to make inroads in places that lean blue.

I think that is the view through your blue-colored glasses. Pence is very kind and statesmanlike. Kaine is more energetic but a bit goofy AND has doubled down on Hillary's deplorable comment. Pence has shown a willingness to counter Trump's views in the past couple months including backing Paul Ryan well before Trump decided to.

Whatever the views on the VPs, their debate will take on added significance with HIllary's health issues and Trump already being 70.

• Fire 1

Hmm...after hearing Hillary's interview she just gave on CNN, I am thinking it's more likely that she drops out and someone else steps in. Here is a segment of the interview:

Cooper asked about Bill Clinton's remark in an interview with Charlie Rose that she has occasionally become dehydrated and gone through episodes like Sunday's, and how many times that has happened before.

"I think really only twice that I can recall," Clinton said.

"You know, it is something that has occurred a few times over the course of my life, and I'm aware of it, and usually can avoid it," she said.

If she has fainted a "few times" then was that always because of having pneumonia?

• Fire 1

Hmm...after hearing Hillary's interview she just gave on CNN, I am thinking it's more likely that she drops out and someone else steps in. Here is a segment of the interview:
Cooper asked about Bill Clinton's remark in an interview with Charlie Rose that she has occasionally become dehydrated and gone through episodes like Sunday's, and how many times that has happened before.
"You know, it is something that has occurred a few times over the course of my life, and I'm aware of it, and usually can avoid it," she said.
If she has fainted a "few times" then was that always because of having pneumonia?

Not sure how on earth you get that she might drop out from those comments.

Not sure how on earth you get that she might drop out from those comments.

Well I don't think she will want to, but I do think the pressure is going to mount from some on the left. Stating that she thinks its only happened a couple times implies she doesn't know because she can't remember, or she's withholding information on how often it's really happened.

• Fire 1