The General Election

More on charity-gate. @Fahrenthold is killing this.

In 2014, Trump Foundation gives two $25k gifts to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This is other people's money, a lot from Vince McMahon (yes, that Vince McMahon). The L&L Society publically thanks Donald Trump (not his foundation and not the actual donors) for the gift. Then the L&L Soceity holds a gala at Mar-a-Lago.

So Trump gets all the credit, makes money from the gala, and doesn't donate a $1 of his money.

Trump is deplorable.

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/776423060383686656

• Fire 1

I just wish Fahrenthold got more coverage. He's done fantastic this work during this election, but the media would rather cover the shiny red ball that is poll numbers or "Trump said _________, how does this affect the race?" Good, investigative journalism is getting buried, and even when it is put out there, it's way too easy for people for dismiss it for partisan reasons if they don't agree with it.

I saw the Politico headline about this, but I couldn't find their tweet. There headline is "Trump Jr: Releasing tax returns 'would detract from message.'"

Why? Because it would show he was in hock to everybody and a complete fraud?

What planet are we living on? One thing you cannot say about this election is that it's been boring...

I just wish Farenthold got more coverage. He's done fantastic this work during this election, but the media would rather cover the shiny red ball that is poll numbers or "Trump said _________, how does this affect the race?" Good, investigative journalism is getting buried, and even when it is put out there, it's way too easy for people for dismiss it for partisan reasons if they don't agree with it.

I saw the Politico headline about this, but I couldn't find their tweet. There headline is "Trump Jr: Releasing tax returns 'would detract from message.'"

What planet are we living on? One thing you cannot say about this election is that it's been boring...

I saw something (can't remember where) that there is no proof that he is actually being audited, as he has not produced paperwork stating he is in fact under audit.

I'm not sure I believe it and it could be completely false, but it fits his narrative of just making sh#t up as he goes.

I just wish Farenthold got more coverage. He's done fantastic this work during this election, but the media would rather cover the shiny red ball that is poll numbers or "Trump said _________, how does this affect the race?" Good, investigative journalism is getting buried, and even when it is put out there, it's way too easy for people for dismiss it for partisan reasons if they don't agree with it.

I saw something (can't remember where) that there is no proof that he is actually being audited, as he has not produced paperwork stating he is in fact under audit.

I'm not sure I believe it and it could be completely false, but it fits his narrative of just making sh#t up as he goes.

I think this is the biggest fraud in his entire campaign. I'm beginning to believe he isn't being audited also. AND....even if he is, the excuse is a complete joke. There is a reason why he doesn't want anyone to see his returns. But...hey.....He's wonderful and everybody loves him.....just ask him.

I think you are most likely referring to THIS from Newsweek.

• Fire 1

The IRS has been predictably mum on the subject. Personally, I'd love to see them come out and say "There's no audit, he's full of crap." But that risks impartiality, and generally federal agencies don't speculate on private citizens tax info. It seems like Republicans are out for blood with the head of the IRS at the moment, and that would probably seal his fate.

Interesting tidbit from Politico that there's a provision in IRS code that would allow Obama to force the release of his returns. The government could then make them public, with Obama's permission. Again, I don't think he'll do it and further the narrative his politicized any federal institutions.

Do you think it would tarnish his legacy? Or is it in the public's best interests Trump's returns be disclosed?

The IRS has been predictably mum on the subject. Personally, I'd love to see them come out and say "There's no audit, he's full of crap." But that risks impartiality, and generally federal agencies don't speculate on private citizens tax info. It seems like Republicans are out for blood with the head of the IRS at the moment, and that would probably seal his fate.

Interesting tidbit from Politico that there's a provision in IRS code that would allow Obama to force the release of his returns. The government could then make them public, with Obama's permission. Again, I don't think he'll do it and further the narrative his politicized any federal institutions.

Do you think it would tarnish his legacy? Or is it in the public's best interests Trump's returns be disclosed?

OMG....that would send Republicanistas over the edge. Obama who (according to Republicans) refused to turn over his birth certificate because he is Muslim and born in Africa forces the disclosure of Trump's tax returns.

That would be classic.

Like you said, I don't think the IRS would or possibly could say anything on the issue.

Clown show.

Trump says he would eliminate food safety regs

“The FDA Food Police, which dictate how the federal government expects farmers to produce fruits and vegetables and even dictates the nutritional content of dog food,” it read.

“The rules govern the soil farmers use, farm and food production hygiene, food packaging, food temperatures and even what animals may roam which fields and when,” the statement continued. "It also greatly increased inspections of food “facilities,” and levies new taxes to pay for this inspection overkill."

The FDA recently completed an overhaul of the food safety system with seven rules to better protect consumers from food-borne illnesses. Manufacturers of both animal and human food are now required to implement preventive controls to minimize the risk of contaminating food when it’s manufactured, processed, packed or held by a facility.

Food-borne illnesses on cruise ships

Chipotle

• Fire 2

Time for Jr to step away from the mic

He is officially worse than his dad Sadly, I somewhat expect (or at least am not totally surprised) when someone his dad's age makes comments that are inappropriate and horrid but there is zero excuse for him. Just shows how deeply his prejudices run. And they start when ones young. Disgusting.