The General Election

Isn't that how all donations work? Someone else donates and then that money is giving to some group, and that secondhand giver is given praise? Sounds fairly normal in my opinion.. but don't let that stop the Trump haters.. funny all the same.

Yes, that is how the Red Cross and similar organizations work. That is not how standard "rich people" charities work. Most of the time those "rich people" actually donate to their charities.

The Donald J. Trump Foundation is not like other charities. An investigation of the foundation — including examinations of 17 years of tax filings and interviews with more than 200 individuals or groups listed as donors or beneficiaries — found that it collects and spends money in a very unusual manner.

For one thing, nearly all of its money comes from people other than Trump. In tax records, the last gift from Trump was in 2008. Since then, all of the donations have been other people’s money — an arrangement that experts say is almost unheard of for a family foundation.

Trump then takes that money and generally does with it as he pleases. In many cases, he passes it on to other charities, which often are under the impression that it is Trump’s own money.

About 10 years ago, the Trump Foundation underwent a major change — although it was invisible to those who received its gifts.

The checks still had Trump’s name on them.

Behind the scenes, he was transforming the foundation from a standard-issue rich person’s philanthropy into a charity that allowed a rich man to be philanthropic for free.

Experts on charity said they had rarely seen anything like it.

“Our common understanding of charity is you give something of yourself to help somebody else. It’s not something that you raise money from one side to spend it on the other,” said Leslie Lenkowsky, the former head of the Corporation for National and Community Service, and a professor studying philanthropy at Indiana University.

By that definition, was Trump engaging in charity?

No, Lenkowsky said.

“It’s a deal,” he said, an arrangement worked out for maximum benefit at minimum sacrifice.

What article are you pulling this from? Pardon me if I'm missing the link in your post.

It looks like Clinton's lead in the RCP average now stands at 1.8 in a 4-way race, and 2.0 in a 2-way race. It also looks like Trump is up in Florida and surging in Ohio, and within the margin of error in Maine of all places. Meanwhile, Hillary is keeping it close in Arizona and still has a healthy lead in Virginia.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/

I have worked through several scenarios on the 270 to win site which has an electoral calculator, and there are actually many plausible ways where the 2 candidates may end up tied in the electoral college. That would only be a fitting end to this crazy election season.

• Fire 2

Saw this today. Its an interesting take on conflicts of interest between Trump's business and US foreign policy if Trump were to win the presidency

How the Trump Organization's Foreign Business Ties Could Upend U.S. National Security

If Donald Trump is elected president, will he and his family permanently sever all connections to the Trump Organization, a sprawling business empire that has spread a secretive financial web across the world? Or will Trump instead choose to be the most conflicted president in American history, one whose business interests will constantly jeopardize the security of the United States?

Throughout this campaign, the Trump Organization, which pumps potentially hundreds of millions of dollars into the Trump family’s bank accounts each year, has been largely ignored. As a private enterprise, its businesses, partners and investors are hidden from public view, even though they are the very people who could be enriched by—or will further enrich—Trump and his family if he wins the presidency.

A close examination by Newsweek of the Trump Organization, including confidential interviews with business executives and some of its international partners, reveals an enterprise with deep ties to global financiers, foreign politicians and even criminals, although there is no evidence the Trump Organization has engaged in any illegal activities. It also reveals a web of contractual entanglements that could not be just canceled. If Trump moves into the White House and his family continues to receive any benefit from the company, during or even after his presidency, almost every foreign policy decision he makes will raise serious conflicts of interest and ethical quagmires.

Way more at the link. An interesting read if you are either for or against Trump.

Did we ever figure out if Dems and Repubs were actually registering with the other party to swing votes in the opposing party's primaries? I know some people who actually did this, and it was a theory that was floated before. So is that why we are in this sh#t hole now?

Also thanks you baby boomers you! This was the best your generation could give us? And you think millennials are bad... :P

Did we ever figure out if Dems and Repubs were actually registering with the other party to swing votes in the opposing party's primaries? I know some people who actually did this, and it was a theory that was floated before. So is that why we are in this sh#t hole now?

Also thanks you baby boomers you! This was the best your generation could give us? And you think millennials are bad... :P

Speaking of millennials, there have been plenty of articles written in the past few days that millennials are more Conservative than other past younger generations were. I'm not sure how that will affect the 2016 race or future election cycles, but it's something I would not have expected.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/health/millennials-conservative-generations/

• Fire 3

Saw this today. Its an interesting take on conflicts of interest between Trump's business and US foreign policy if Trump were to win the presidency

How the Trump Organization's Foreign Business Ties Could Upend U.S. National Security

If Donald Trump is elected president, will he and his family permanently sever all connections to the Trump Organization, a sprawling business empire that has spread a secretive financial web across the world? Or will Trump instead choose to be the most conflicted president in American history, one whose business interests will constantly jeopardize the security of the United States?

Throughout this campaign, the Trump Organization, which pumps potentially hundreds of millions of dollars into the Trump familys bank accounts each year, has been largely ignored. As a private enterprise, its businesses, partners and investors are hidden from public view, even though they are the very people who could be enriched byor will further enrichTrump and his family if he wins the presidency.

A close examination by Newsweek of the Trump Organization, including confidential interviews with business executives and some of its international partners, reveals an enterprise with deep ties to global financiers, foreign politicians and even criminals, although there is no evidence the Trump Organization has engaged in any illegal activities. It also reveals a web of contractual entanglements that could not be just canceled. If Trump moves into the White House and his family continues to receive any benefit from the company, during or even after his presidency, almost every foreign policy decision he makes will raise serious conflicts of interest and ethical quagmires.

Way more at the link. An interesting read if you are either for or against Trump.

Hillary going hard at this on social media today. Hopefully this picks up steam after the TrumpOz Fest dies down

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/776117687936282624

Speaking of millennials, there have been plenty of articles written in the past few days that millennials are more Conservative than other past younger generations were. I'm not sure how that will affect the 2016 race or future election cycles, but it's something I would not have expected.

You're like an online add that's tracking my cookies. You always popup with something I don't need when I don't want you to.
  • Fire 2

You're like an online add that's tracking my cookies. You always popup with something I don't need when I don't want you to.

Lol...and you always manage to provide a response just because you feel you need to say something.

• Fire 5