The General Election

not sure if this was posted already, but here it is anyway.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/04/politics/donald-trump-star-of-david-tweet-explained/index.html

"The social media graphic used this weekend was not created by the campaign nor was it sourced from an anti-Semitic site," Scavino said in a statement separate from Trump's. "It was lifted from an anti-Hillary Twitter user where countless images appear."
"The sheriff's badge -- which is available under Microsoft's 'shapes' -- fit with the theme of corrupt Hillary and that is why I selected it," Scavino added.

OK.....first off, I do agree that this tweet has been blown way out of proportion.

However, this idiot doesn't have enough organization in his own campaign to create his own tweets?

Heck, at this pace, he's no better than my Uncle George that constantly forwards totally bogus emails and posts false political crap on Facebook constantly.

I wouldn't vote for Uncle George either.

not sure if this was posted already, but here it is anyway.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/04/politics/donald-trump-star-of-david-tweet-explained/index.html

"The social media graphic used this weekend was not created by the campaign nor was it sourced from an anti-Semitic site," Scavino said in a statement separate from Trump's. "It was lifted from an anti-Hillary Twitter user where countless images appear."
"The sheriff's badge -- which is available under Microsoft's 'shapes' -- fit with the theme of corrupt Hillary and that is why I selected it," Scavino added.

OK.....first off, I do agree that this tweet has been blown way out of proportion.

However, this idiot doesn't have enough organization in his own campaign to create his own tweets?

Heck, at this pace, he's no better than my Uncle George that constantly forwards totally bogus emails and posts false political crap on Facebook constantly.

I wouldn't vote for Uncle George either.

I can't stand the guy, but this is just another example of things being blown way out of proportion in regards to Trump. Hillary is one the most corrupt persons the government has seen in some time (ok maybe not that long ago.. since her husband was pres not long ago). Have you paid attention to the mainstream news lately (ABC, NBC, CBS)? The level of pro Hillary propaganda is incredible. The media is influencing the election more than other any time I can remember.

• Fire 1

http://www.salon.com/2016/07/05/trumps_profitable_bigotry_the_takeaway_from_his_anti_semitic_tweet_his_run_is_more_a_grift_than_a_real_campaign/

A good summary. There's a reason why this keeps happening. If his presidential campaign keeps publishing material from fringe alt-right social media accounts, this won't be the last. You can't make these bedfellows, decline to repudiate them, and play coy about it all.

It’s further evidence that this is less a real presidential campaign and more what Republican strategist Rick Wilson dubbed a “scampaign”: Using the free press that a presidential run gets you as free advertising for a post-campaign career as a right-wing demagogue.

This I disagree with, however. Trump is clearly trying to win, too. What better pedestal for an alt-right demagogue than the presidency of the United States?

• Fire 1

If you don't believe that a six-sided star superimposed over hundred dollar bills found on an alt-right website that celebrated the death of Elie Wiesel has at least hints of anti-Semitism, I can't help you.

Wow. There's a six-pointed star in Microsoft Word. Some sheriff stars also have six points. Is anyone really buying that?

• Fire 1

That's a police badge, Zoogs. Learn to read. :P

It feels silly to even discuss this, but most sheriff stars also have little knobs or circles at the points. Trump and his campaign cannot just admit they screwed up, and instead feel the need to blame it on another Twitterer, the dishonest media, political correctness, a misunderstanding, etc. Inability to man up, admit he was wrong, & try to fix the situation is one of the many reasons to not vote for Trump.

Ha! I stand corrected :D

So, I'm sure that Trump's great people had no idea this was going to look like a Star of David. And that if they had realized, they would have avoided this. But they didn't. Sad!

I'm less sure that FishBoneHead didn't exactly mean this to be the Star of David.

The Trump campaign is totally okay with promoting and rallying around these guys. This is why Trump is not John McCain, and when a supporter shouts something heinous at a rally he doesn't say "No! That is not what we're about." Trump basks in this kind of support, and that's his choice.

• Fire 1

All Star of David "overreaction" aside. Am I the only one that wrinkled my nose at the bolded?

I mean, when the Trump campaign thinks of "corrupt" they think, "hey! Sheriff badge!!!"?

I'm starting to agree with many: "delete your account"

• Fire 2

FBI Director: Agency won't recommend criminal charges in Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Trump is again saying the system is rigged. This time I'm willing to believe him.

Maybe in the sense that it allowed her to cover her tracks but I don't fault the FBI's findings in this case. Most legal experts predicted this would be the outcome since there simply wasn't enough evidence to suggest criminal misconduct. The FBI did say that she was extremely careless and this would likely have warranted administrative punishment but as far as their criminal investigation is concerned, no reasonable prosecutor would attempt to prosecute Clinton based on the evidence they had.

• Fire 3

Clinton expands lead over Trump to 13 points: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton widened her lead over likely Republican nominee Donald Trump to 13 percentage points in a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Tuesday.

The July 1-5 poll included responses gathered mostly over the holiday weekend, before the Federal Bureau of Investigation recommended on Tuesday that no criminal charges be filed against Clinton over her use of private email servers and what it called her "extremely careless" handling of classified information while she was U.S. secretary of state.

LINK

• Fire 2

FBI Director: Agency won't recommend criminal charges in Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Trump is again saying the system is rigged. This time I'm willing to believe him.

Maybe in the sense that it allowed her to cover her tracks but I don't fault the FBI's findings in this case. Most legal experts predicted this would be the outcome since there simply wasn't enough evidence to suggest criminal misconduct. The FBI did say that she was extremely careless and this would likely have warranted administrative punishment but as far as their criminal investigation is concerned, no reasonable prosecutor would attempt to prosecute Clinton based on the evidence they had.

That is because they were promised jobs if she wins the elections. How can anyone trust this woman with classified information with this track record? How can she keep her security clearance?

How can she be seen as competent enough to be POTUS?