Riley, Eichorst Analyzed Program "From A to Z"

Riley and Eichorst spoke every day...

And Bo couldn't force Eichorst to talk to him once a month when he tried...

From what it sounds like to me, Bo stayed where he was and expected Eichorst to do all the work, then turned around and cried about him being the one in his cave when he wouldn't babysit and be pals. Eichorst has said numerous times that his base position is hands off, letting his coaches run their programs how they see fit. Sometimes coaches want him more involved. I guarantee Bo didn't want to see Eichorst, never made any effort to see Eichorst, and used 'not seeing Eichorst' as ammo to twist out of context as a parting shot.

I think he was hands off with bo because he wanted to be. He is clearly much more hand on with Riley, they seem to do things together a lot for program exposure. I don't see him do much with Miles or Erstadt or Cook but I think he really likes Riley and enjoys doing things with him.

Shawn Eichorst is one guy. Miles, Riley, Erstadt, Cook and others are several, and by all accounts that we can tell, are all good, enjoyable people. So which is more likely - Eichorst arbitrarily picking and choosing which coaches to pal around with, or him starting from a place of hands-off and letting the coaches dictate what level of interaction they have with him?

• Fire 1

From what it sounds like to me, Bo stayed where he was and expected Eichorst to do all the work, then turned around and cried about him being the one in his cave when he wouldn't babysit and be pals. Eichorst has said numerous times that his base position is hands off, letting his coaches run their programs how they see fit. Sometimes coaches want him more involved. I guarantee Bo didn't want to see Eichorst, never made any effort to see Eichorst, and used 'not seeing Eichorst' as ammo to twist out of context as a parting shot.

I think he was hands off with bo because he wanted to be. He is clearly much more hand on with Riley, they seem to do things together a lot for program exposure. I don't see him do much with Miles or Erstadt or Cook but I think he really likes Riley and enjoys doing things with him.

Shawn Eichorst is one guy. Miles, Riley, Erstadt, Cook and others are several, and by all accounts that we can tell, are all good, enjoyable people. So which is more likely - Eichorst arbitrarily picking and choosing which coaches to pal around with, or him starting from a place of hands-off and letting the coaches dictate what level of interaction they have with him?

It is more likely that he picks and chooses which ones to hang out with. That is what I do.

We will never know the full truth of it. But, as a standard, I usually follow a simple rule - if everybody else seems to be the problem, then maybe everybody else isn't the problem. In my own opinion, SE seems to be on good terms with just about every major coach in the university, and he didn't hire the vast majority of them.

We will never know the full truth of it. But, as a standard, I usually follow a simple rule - if everybody else seems to be the problem, then maybe everybody else isn't the problem. In my own opinion, SE seems to be on good terms with just about every major coach in the university, and he didn't hire the vast majority of them.

I agree.

I agree.

Albert Einstein and Jesus Christ disagree.

I think the bolded part is where the hammer meets the nail. And from what we've seen of Eichorst so far, it seems reasonable that Riley is choosing to work directly with Eichorst instead of the other way around.

It is more likely that he picks and chooses which ones to hang out with. That is what I do.

If you look at Eichorst's record at NU and Miami you are clearly wrong.

If you look at Eichorst's record at NU and Miami you are clearly wrong.

I should rephrase...It is more likely that a normal person would pick who they wanted to hang out with...just like all of us do. He may very well do it differently.

I agree.

There are exceptions to every rule, though I doubt Bo Pelini will go down in history as one of the most incredible intellectual minds or influential religious figures in human history.

I agree.

There are exceptions to every rule, though I doubt Bo Pelini will go down in history as one of the most incredible intellectual minds or influential religious figures in human history.
I agree.