2016 Opponent Previews: Oregon

This is an Oregon Duck board now?

Read the topic title?
Yes but the way you've been pimping the ducks lately I just had to ask.

We play the Ducks this year and it will be one of our biggest games this year so it's interesting to know what kind of team they might or might not have.

Also CPT was the one who linked to the SB article which was very interesting. That is a pretty impressive preseason analysis of a football team by that writer.

Read the topic title?

He's an Oregon fan talking about his team. I don't think we give grief to killer cacti for talking about Clemson, Cy for talking about ISU, fro daddy for talking about Mizzou, etc.

I think Oregon is going to be just fine. I don't think they'll get back to Mariota level this season, but I expect 10 wins from them. They have one good season after a slew of great seasons and all of the sudden everyone thinks the cupboard is bare, Helfrich is on the hot seat and they aren't still a formidable threat. I don't get it.

Going 9-4 with 3 of your losses coming to the #6, #7, and #16 teams in the nation, with two of them being a touchdown or less and one of them being a concussion away from a win is a pretty damn good season.

There is zero reason to think that Nebraska matches up on paper with what we've shown lately.

• Fire 2

Read the topic title?

We play the Ducks this year and it will be one of our biggest games this year so it's interesting to know what kind of team they might or might not have.

Also CPT was the one who linked to the SB article which was very interesting. That is a pretty impressive preseason analysis of a football team by that writer.

I put it up here 10 days ago but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Read the topic title?

He's an Oregon fan talking about his team. I don't think we give grief to killer cacti for talking about Clemson, Cy for talking about ISU, fro daddy for talking about Mizzou, etc.

I think Oregon is going to be just fine. I don't think they'll get back to Mariota level this season, but I expect 10 wins from them. They have one good season after a slew of great seasons and all of the sudden everyone thinks the cupboard is bare, Helfrich is on the hot seat and they aren't still a formidable threat. I don't get it.

Going 9-4 with 3 of your losses coming to the #6, #7, and #16 teams in the nation, with two of them being a touchdown or less and one of them being a concussion away from a win is a pretty damn good season.

There is zero reason to think that Nebraska matches up on paper with what we've shown lately.

Nebraska actually beat Sparty last year, so there's one reason.

;)

I think it's about QB with Oregon. They score points so that position has always been something they've rallied behind. I have no idea who they have coming in but it certainly will be a tough act to follow. It will be interesting to see how QB shakes out for them this year.

One slightly large hurdle obviously. They'll not only be breaking in a new qb but also new offensive and defensive coordinators .

I think it's about QB with Oregon. They score points so that position has always been something they've rallied behind. I have no idea who they have coming in but it certainly will be a tough act to follow. It will be interesting to see how QB shakes out for them this year.

One slightly large hurdle obviously. They'll not only be breaking in a new qb but also new offensive and defensive coordinators .

You are absolutely right to think that. If the QB doesn't perform well they will probably have a year close to what they did last season (8-4 ish). If the QB (Prukop) can come in and do wonders like Adams. Then Oregon should be really solid more like 10-2 type year. Their skill guys are just too talented to have a season that's too terrible. 7-5 would be an absolute disaster for them.

Prukop is really just a fill in guy for the young freshman to have another year to develop under new QB coach David Yost. Most people in Duck country believe that former NU commit Terry Wilson is the one that will be the phenom out of the group, Although Travis Jonsen (Waller) was the blue chipper they had in the class before Wilson.

Trust me, I'm not declaring Oregon is going to be some super power. I'm just saying that everyone is discrediting them because of the TCU game last year. Oregon beat Stanford at the Farm last year. They return just about everyone except the QB position. Which isn't as big of a deal in that offense as long as your name isn't Jeff Lockie.

I'm not discrediting the Ducks because of the TCU game. Bowl games don't really matter. My opinion is simply based on the team with and without a healthy Vernon Adams. Combine that with all the other changes with coordinators, and things could truly go either way. Even the resident Dan Rubenstein on the Solid Verbal (SBNation's resident duck homer) is hedging this year with all the upheaval.

Prukop could very well come in and do great, but the reality is, he's nowhere close to the playmaker that Adams was. The offense will still (likely) be good, but the defense was worse than Nebraska's last year.

• Fire 1