WR Manuel Allen [Louisville Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

65 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Allen commit?

• Nebraska
    • Washington
    • USC
    • UCLA
    • Alabama
    • Oregon
    • Mississippi

This poll is closed to new votes

Some news tidbits coming out now that Allen has some on and off field baggage, including starting/playing a large role in a brawl at a scrimmage semi recently. Also has a lot of work to do in classroom to play anywhere. This is his 3rd HS and now 3rd college. 

Same person indicated he's heard from no one that we dropped him or knew this was coming. 

Wish him the best of luck in the future. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

Every time a guy decommits and flips to another school all the sudden they aren't very good, yet they still got a school to pay them to decommit from nebraska. Makes sense

Every time? Nah. Is he overrated? I believe so. Did it look fishy considering he was so GBR just three weeks ago? Absolutely. Makes some sense. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

Every time? Nah. Is he overrated? I believe so. Did it look fishy considering he was so GBR just three weeks ago? Absolutely. Makes some sense. 

I just find it curious that nobody bothers to mention that a guy is over rated until he decommits. I bet that if bookie decommits people will be saying its no big deal because he's short and never got his 5th star

• Plus1 4

Just now, LumberJackSker said:

I just find it curious that nobody bothers to mention that a guy is over rated until he decommits. I bet that if bookie decommits people will be saying its no big deal because he's short and never got his 5th star

If Bookie decommits, I will be annoyed. He is an absolute stud, cut stopper, and he breeds confidence. And before Riley, when a guy decommitted, chances are he wasn't that good because the quality of recruit was not the same. Watch Manny Allen's tape and tell me we can't find someone better...

7 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

If Bookie decommits, I will be annoyed. He is an absolute stud, cut stopper, and he breeds confidence. And before Riley, when a guy decommitted, chances are he wasn't that good because the quality of recruit was not the same. Watch Manny Allen's tape and tell me we can't find someone better...

I just find it odd that his short comings aren't really mentioned until decommits. And if he's so bad why is a school like Louisville who has had about as much success as Nebraska willing to bribe him for his commit if he's not very good. Cant help but to think that this talk doesn't come up if he doesn't decommit.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

I just find it odd that his short comings aren't really mentioned until decommits. And if he's so bad why is a school like Louisville who has had about as much success as Nebraska willing to bribe him for his commit if he's not very good. Cant help but to think that this talk doesn't come up if he doesn't decommit.

I don't think anyone says he sucks. I just think guys are saying there are better players out there that we have a legit shot at.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

I don't think anyone says he sucks. I just think guys are saying there are better players out there that we have a legit shot at.

I hear what you guys are saying and i dont follow recruiting as closely as many fans but thjs happens a lot when guys decommit and to me it just seem kind of petty. Hope we find some other 6-2 four star receiver to replace him. GBR

4 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

Any concerns with KW's closing? Or is this just recruiting by it's nature

I don't really think that's the case.  You're never going to get everyone you're after, especially when you're swinging for the fences.

Really the only issue KW has had is perhaps being a little too confident in a couple guys, thinking he's going to land a whale and turning away a couple decent-sized fish.  Then when he didn't land the whale we got left with nothing are are pretty thin on the current roster.

Not the worst problem to have.  But still a problem.

1 minute ago, Bigred_inSD said:

In the Ezeike thread it says we couldn't offer him but KW liked him.  Its possible Nebraska saw issues with Allen pulled that offer and gave it to the other kid.  

Or you know, all teams cheat and paid him and he's over rated

All things mentioned prior is not out of the realm of possibility. 

3 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

It's not just fans saying right now. Greg Biggins  is the man when it comes to the West Coast....I trust him. 

For the record I was extremely disappointed when Brown decomitted and I didn't know we had a choice to get him back. I'd be disappointed if many  of the current guys decomitted because I'm high on a lot of them. There are certain targets, Tutt, that I won't be as excited for as most will also.  

17 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

It's not just fans saying right now. Greg Biggins  is the man when it comes to the West Coast....I trust him. 

For the record I was extremely disappointed when Brown decomitted and I didn't know we had a choice to get him back. I'd be disappointed if many  of the current guys decomitted because I'm high on a lot of them. There are certain targets, Tutt, that I won't be as excited for as most will also.  

So I am not the only one who is not clamoring over Tutt?