Nebraska signs Evan Taylor from Odessa College

http://www.wranglersports.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/bios/taylor_evan_f24i

He probably will only be able to take threes is he is open, I think this guy gets about 10 minutes or so per game. I think he gets us 4 points and two assists per game and maybe a rebound per game and that is all I am expecting of him. I also expect him to have a better three point percentage and to take smart or open shots. It would be nice for him to improve his overall FG and FT percentage a little bit as well.

Man...that has him at about 16 and 8 per game if he played 40 minutes...I think 4 and 2 a game is high.

No way this guy is able to play 40 minutes a game. How about 3.5 points and 1.6 assists per game shooting about 33 percent from the field and 20 percent from 3? Or if the Miles no assist offense is going then 3.7 points and 1.2 assists per game in approx. 10-12 mins? That sounds more reasonable and yeah I over hyped him big time. :thumbs

http://www.wranglersports.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/bios/taylor_evan_f24i

He probably will only be able to take threes is he is open, I think this guy gets about 10 minutes or so per game. I think he gets us 4 points and two assists per game and maybe a rebound per game and that is all I am expecting of him. I also expect him to have a better three point percentage and to take smart or open shots. It would be nice for him to improve his overall FG and FT percentage a little bit as well.

Man...that has him at about 16 and 8 per game if he played 40 minutes...I think 4 and 2 a game is high.

No way this guy is able to play 40 minutes a game. How about 3.5 points and 1.6 assists per game shooting about 33 percent from the field and 20 percent from 3? Or if the Miles no assist offense is going then 3.7 points and 1.2 assists per game in approx. 10-12 mins? That sounds more reasonable and yeah I over hyped him big time. :thumbs

Ha! The "no assist offense" that is funny!

Mavric practically keeps this board going with all of his research and posting and cranking out new threads for ideas on discussion and debate topics. Like most on here, I don't always agree with many other opinions but it remains interesting to read them anyway. Opinions are like arssholes, we all have one. And, most of us, tend to believe fervently that ours is the correct one. That is OK but we just all have to try to give others the benefit of the doubt, when there is any doubt to be granted at least.

Thanks for all you do Mavric. I think the Athletic Dept ought to be paying you a nice little stipend or salary even for the time and effort you put in to making this all worthwhile.

Wasn't he the #7 player in the state of Virginia coming out of high school? He was either a high 3* or a 4* player.

Sometimes a kid gets lost in the shadows with a system that doesn't appeal to his skill set. Don't quote me on this, but wasn't Terran Petteway just so so at Tech before he came to Nebraska? I'm not trying to say this guy could be Terran Petteway because I don't believe he will be, but you never know if a kid will bloom in a new system. He could be a 10-12 ppg player for us and a good backup to Glynn or Tai. With Bakari and Andrew leaving we needed a guard.

Wasn't he the #7 player in the state of Virginia coming out of high school? He was either a high 3* or a 4* player.

Sometimes a kid gets lost in the shadows with a system that doesn't appeal to his skill set. Don't quote me on this, but wasn't Terran Petteway just so so at Tech before he came to Nebraska? I'm not trying to say this guy could be Terran Petteway because I don't believe he will be, but you never know if a kid will bloom in a new system. He could be a 10-12 ppg player for us and a good backup to Glynn or Tai. With Bakari and Andrew leaving we needed a guard.

Considering the only three players over the last three years that have scored more than 10.1 ppg for the Huskers have been named Shields, White and Petteway, I actually think he does need to be a Petteway-type scorer to get to those levels.

With the other guys we have coming in I don't see him jumping into the limelight. He'll be a decent backup in case A. disaster happens at the point, B. he starts lighting up the scoreboard, or C. he shows himself to be a great point guard and excellent defender.

​But we already knew that.....at this stage of the recruiting game we just had to roll the dice and hope for the best. His size could be a big plus if he can pass like Magic.