A man you can bait with a Tweet

27 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

But many of them are women or people with brown skin, some are poor - so they don't matter.  Now NFL players - they deserve some of his tweeting attention.

i was talking more about puerto rico and the american citizens there who are not getting the same help our citizens in texas and florida are getting.   they may not be a state...but they are all american citizens.

and the kneeling during the anthem had lost a lot of steam.  steam that trump pumped back into the situation 100fold.   while i don't agree with the way they are protesting...i do understand the why they were doing it and think they certainly have the right to protest in that manner.   trump is just trying to sew more divisiveness out there and succeeding in that unfortunately.

Trump, Pence, etc. -- for that matter, Obama, Bush, Clinton, and a long line of American politicians -- have made the astute observation that football is a deployable instrument of the state.

Their efforts at fascism will return again and again to this. And don't look the NFL for salvation. They're in on this just as much, and not up to the task. "Football brings us together" is a common refrain. The subtext is "put aside petty partisan differences like are brown people people and focus on the game." Passage from 1984:

...petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult...

If we can all agree to "come together" and focus on those kinds of common threads then we subjugate our wills entirely. Hopefully we'll always have a waking, conscious public that cares about who we are and what we do. You know, the kind that would never suffer a man like Trump in the presidency and is led by politicians who would legally remove him in an instant for the kinds of transgressions he's been committing for the entire time he's been in office.

:bang 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, commando said:

i was talking more about puerto rico and the american citizens there who are not getting the same help our citizens in texas and florida are getting.   they may not be a state...but they are all american citizens.

and the kneeling during the anthem had lost a lot of steam.  steam that trump pumped back into the situation 100fold.   while i don't agree with the way they are protesting...i do understand the why they were doing it and think they certainly have the right to protest in that manner.   trump is just trying to sew more divisiveness out there and succeeding in that unfortunately.

Yes I know - they are citizens who don't have the right to vote and are all the things I mentioned above which (I honestly feel ) makes a difference on what he acknowledges or does.  These people can not ever help him so they are low on his list.  He isn't looking to build a resort there, so no reason to help.