Pre-Season Coaches Poll Released

Jesus. It's times like these that I wouldn't necessarily mind the idea of a heavy-handed mod/admin team that just removes users who stifle any good conversation.

But then I wouldn't have any reason to keep eating popcorn.

I for one am just trying to add my 2 cents, If someone replies to my posts in a snarky manner you will probably get that in return. I just try to deal in reality as much as possible, sometimes people just want to hear sunshine and rainbow comments and that is alright just don't try to preach it as gospel.

• Fire 1

Jesus. It's times like these that I wouldn't necessarily mind the idea of a heavy-handed mod/admin team that just removes users who stifle any good conversation.

I for one am just trying to add my 2 cents, If someone replies to my posts in a snarky manner you will probably get that in return. I just try to deal in reality as much as possible, sometimes people just want to hear sunshine and rainbow comments and that is alright just don't try to preach it as gospel.

referencing psycho

Exactly

All the fairy tale stuff gets us nowhere.

The only way we'll ever get to where we want to be is to deal with reality... face it head on.

Ouch! I could understand all this hostility if we were fans of opposing teams but I don't think that is the case! Or is it? We need a poll or survey of how many on this board actually are sincerely hoping the Huskers win games and play well, no matter who the dam coach and Athletic Director may be! Gee whiz! This is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, not hateful! How about we disagree but in a little less disagreeable way?

• Fire 1

The only way we'll ever get to where we want to be is to deal with reality... face it head on.

You want reality? You're enraged that you're not getting perfection from kids just past puberty, who haven't figured out sh#t in their lives except they're pretty decent athletes. They don't have jobs, mortgages, responsibilities or in any way resemble fully assembled adults.

You get pissed when they fumble a football or miss a tackle, when they're really supposed to be studying for an algebra test. You complain when they don't execute perfectly when the reality is they barely know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Some of these guys don't even shave yet. Some of them have never experienced love or loss, or life on anything other than a superficial level. They sound like adults and you believe the fantasy that they're somehow going to perform like grown men because you watched SportsCenter for ten years and that's what they show.

You've forgotten what a fuckup you were at 20 years old, how you couldn't talk to a girl without wetting yourself, all the while expecting a guy aged 19 to break three tackles to get a first down because goddammit you bought a ticket and you're under some delusion that that grants you some kind of power.

You expect coaches to get all these post-hormonal kids to perform without flaws, basically herding cats, and when they don't you whine and moan and ramble on about "fairy tales" as if you have half a clue what any of these people are doing.

Among 120 teams, ten have a half decent season by your standards, and when Nebraska doesn't you bitch and bark at the coaches and players like you've personally been aggrieved. More than 90% of teams every year don't have a season that meets your expectations, but rather than accept the norms of college football you complain on and on about it, bemoaning your lot in life that you chose a team that - GASP! - loses.

Woe is you.

Who cares where you want to be? Who cares what you think reality is?

Dude you got issues :blink:

• Fire 1

You want reality? You're enraged that you're not getting perfection from kids just past puberty, who haven't figured out sh#t in their lives except they're pretty decent athletes. They don't have jobs, mortgages, responsibilities or in any way resemble fully assembled adults.

You get pissed when they fumble a football or miss a tackle, when they're really supposed to be studying for an algebra test. You complain when they don't execute perfectly when the reality is they barely know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Some of these guys don't even shave yet. Some of them have never experienced love or loss, or life on anything other than a superficial level. They sound like adults and you believe the fantasy that they're somehow going to perform like grown men because you watched SportsCenter for ten years and that's what they show.

You've forgotten what a fuckup you were at 20 years old, how you couldn't talk to a girl without wetting yourself, all the while expecting a guy aged 19 to break three tackles to get a first down because goddammit you bought a ticket and you're under some delusion that that grants you some kind of power.

You expect coaches to get all these post-hormonal kids to perform without flaws, basically herding cats, and when they don't you whine and moan and ramble on about "fairy tales" as if you have half a clue what any of these people are doing.

Among 120 teams, ten have a half decent season by your standards, and when Nebraska doesn't you bitch and bark at the coaches and players like you've personally been aggrieved. More than 90% of teams every year don't have a season that meets your expectations, but rather than accept the norms of college football you complain on and on about it, bemoaning your lot in life that you chose a team that - GASP! - loses.

Woe is you.

Somehow Bob Devaney... Tom Osborne... Urban Meyer and Nick Saban... all dealt with all those things and still won national championships... multiple times.

So that's nothing more than a long winded list of made up excuses.

Typical

We're never going to turn the program around until we stop making excuses.

Making excuses takes us further away from success.

Reality, accountability and responsibility are the things that will get us back on track.

As a side note... the person criticizing the players is obviously you. You repeatedly lashed out at the players with some obnoxious uncalled for stuff... all in an attempt to make excuses. Thats just how carried away too many people are getting with excuse making.

Also... I never had that problem with girls. I always thought they were cool and I so I enjoyed talking to them and hanging out with them.

• Fire 1

Somehow Bob Devaney... Tom Osborne... Urban Meyer and Nick Saban... all dealt with all those things and still won national championships... multiple times.

Somehow Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg all dealt with their life problems and became billionaires.

So why aren't you one?

• Fire 4

Woe is you.

So that's nothing more than a long winded list of made up excuses.

Typical

We're never going to turn the program around until we stop making excuses.

Making excuses takes us further away from success.

Reality, accountability and responsibility are the things that will get us back on track.

As a side note... the person criticizing the players is obviously you. You repeatedly lashed out at the players with some obnoxious uncalled for stuff... all in an attempt to make excuses. Thats just how carried away too many people are getting with excuse making.

Also... I never had that problem with girls. I always thought they were cool and I so I enjoyed talking to them and hanging out with them.

Knapplc has a lot of respect on this board. He nailed it in his post about you.

Around these parts we generally look for reasons why the team performed in the manner it did. Then we discuss those reasons and not everyone always agree that every reason is a valid one. What most of us don't do is shout others down by saying they are only offering excuses.

You want to talk reality? Reality is that Knapp is right, very few teams have the kind of season you are demanding the Huskers have. We all want those types of seasons but most of us are a little more reasonable about it than you seem to be. The program has been in a down cycle but it will come back, it always has before.

• Fire 2