Baskets of Deplorables

Who do you think that 47% is?

Its a wide swatch of folks from young to old, and frankly, it doesn't really matter as it was a dumb thing to say. With that said, it was not "name-calling" and was backed by actual data. I'm still waiting for someone to show me data that 25 to 30 million Trump voters are racists, sexists, etc..

I really don't give a flying rats butt about numbers. I have no clue what the numbers are. If you want to fixate on the word "half"....go ahead. Hey...I'll even say the word "half" is wrong. OK?????

But, if you actually believe his campaign isn't built on fear mongering, hate, promotion of violence against people they don't like....well......you either choose to ignore the reality or are totally buffaloed by this guy.

While I agree Trump spent too much of his primary campaign tearing others down, and then had the Khan controversy post convention, if you look at most of the general election (which I call the period after both conventions and until election day), he has been the one giving major policy speeches on many topics, including terrorism, inner city plight, economic struggles, immigration, and today rolled out a child welfare program to help out young families. Hillary and her team are not out offering new ideas...instead, they are trying to demonize Trump and his supporters time and again. A day or two before the deplorables comment, Bill Clinton was out making a claim that "Make America Great Again" was racist, despite the fact he used those same words many times when running in 1992, and repeated them in 2008 when Hillary was running. Since Trump hired Kellyanne Conway, his campaign has been focused and on message, and is offering a much greater balance of positive policy offerings along with the criticisms of Hillary. All we hear from Team Hillary are attacks on Trump.

Both of us don't like Hillary. Discussion of her being less than desirable as a candidate is just talking for the sake of talking.

Now...back to Trump. So...you admit he built his following based on hatred of other groups and promotion of violence towards people who disagree with him....thanks.

No, I don't agree with what's in bold as much as you would like to suggest that is the case. I think he attacked his opponents to harshly using name calling, but I disagree with the notion that his entire campaign is built upon hate as you and many on the left like to claim. As I just stated, he is the only one out there now talking about policy solutions on a regular basis, and giving policy-specific speeches on a host of topics. Are you able to at least admit he's turned his campaign around and has been focused on policies and improving the lives of all Americans, including minorities?

Here is his latest policy proposal to help working families. Now as a fiscal conservative, I am not on board with this plan until I see a detailed explanation of what is being cut to pay for it.

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/13/493755181/trump-campaign-sketches-out-family-care-plans-questions-linger-over-funding

• Fire 1

Again Tony, you're definitely not in that group.

Read up on the mob mentality at Trump events from some folks. The nasty way they treat outsiders. It's pretty horrifying and deplorable behavior, honestly. And at a certain point, it's hivemind behavior and they're a lot of them are just enabling bad behavior from each other. That's not to say all of them, or even half, but far too many. I've seen some really, really ugly stuff.

Bernie Sanders had his fair share of nutty supporters, but I don't think nearly at this level or with this kind of openly flowing vitriol.

Ironically, Trump events kind of become a gigantic safe space for these type of folks.

Yeah, all those democrats protesting Trump causing trouble is pretty typical of the liberal types.. They cry about their rights, but are the first to jump on you for not agreeing with you. To hell with your rights, you must agree, or you will get labeled!

Who do you think that 47% is?

Its a wide swatch of folks from young to old, and frankly, it doesn't really matter as it was a dumb thing to say. With that said, it was not "name-calling" and was backed by actual data. I'm still waiting for someone to show me data that 25 to 30 million Trump voters are racists, sexists, etc..

I really don't give a flying rats butt about numbers. I have no clue what the numbers are. If you want to fixate on the word "half"....go ahead. Hey...I'll even say the word "half" is wrong. OK?????

But, if you actually believe his campaign isn't built on fear mongering, hate, promotion of violence against people they don't like....well......you either choose to ignore the reality or are totally buffaloed by this guy.

While I agree Trump spent too much of his primary campaign tearing others down, and then had the Khan controversy post convention, if you look at most of the general election (which I call the period after both conventions and until election day), he has been the one giving major policy speeches on many topics, including terrorism, inner city plight, economic struggles, immigration, and today rolled out a child welfare program to help out young families. Hillary and her team are not out offering new ideas...instead, they are trying to demonize Trump and his supporters time and again. A day or two before the deplorables comment, Bill Clinton was out making a claim that "Make America Great Again" was racist, despite the fact he used those same words many times when running in 1992, and repeated them in 2008 when Hillary was running. Since Trump hired Kellyanne Conway, his campaign has been focused and on message, and is offering a much greater balance of positive policy offerings along with the criticisms of Hillary. All we hear from Team Hillary are attacks on Trump.

Both of us don't like Hillary. Discussion of her being less than desirable as a candidate is just talking for the sake of talking.

Now...back to Trump. So...you admit he built his following based on hatred of other groups and promotion of violence towards people who disagree with him....thanks.

What kind of hate are you talking about, just curious.

Just sayin'...

Shall we start digging up all those Trump haters protesting at his events?

Yes, good point. There have been many instances of Trump supporters who have been attacked or interfered with while attending a Trump event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/

And let's not forget a Clinton supporter attacked a 67 year old Trump supporter just last month.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/01/23-year-old-flag-burning-clinton-supporter-attacks-67-year-old-trump-backer-trying-to-stop-him/

Here are some other examples:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/violent_attacks_against_trump_supporters_continue_apace.html

So for Dudeguy and other Hillary defenders, with these examples provided, are you willing to include half of Hillary supporters in the "basket of deplorables?"

• Fire 1

Just sayin'...

Shall we start digging up all those Trump haters protesting at his events?

Yes, good point. There have been many instances of Trump supporters who have been attacked or interfered with while attending a Trump event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/

And let's not forget a Clinton supporter attacked a 67 year old Trump supporter just last month.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/01/23-year-old-flag-burning-clinton-supporter-attacks-67-year-old-trump-backer-trying-to-stop-him/

Here are some other examples:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/violent_attacks_against_trump_supporters_continue_apace.html

So for Dudeguy and other Hillary defenders, with these examples provided, are you willing to include half of Hillary supporters in the "basket of deplorables?"

As we are talking about "deplorables" and how they vote, I found this quote in this AP article very interesting. The article is discussing how voter registration is going for both parties, and there is a quote written by the AP in a very matter of fact way that states the following:

In Iowa, Republicans prevented Democrats from surpassing them, aided by a court ruling upholding a ban on voting by ex-felons, who often register as Democrats.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/09/14/republicans_gain_ground_on_dems_in_voter_registration_in_key_states_131783.html

• Fire 1

No, I don't agree with what's in bold as much as you would like to suggest that is the case. I think he attacked his opponents to harshly using name calling, but I disagree with the notion that his entire campaign is built upon hate as you and many on the left like to claim. As I just stated, he is the only one out there now talking about policy solutions on a regular basis, and giving policy-specific speeches on a host of topics. Are you able to at least admit he's turned his campaign around and has been focused on policies and improving the lives of all Americans, including minorities?

lol

His speeches where he says we are going to "take the oil" or when he says he has a plan for ISIS "but I am not going to tell"

lol

His speeches where he says we are going to "take the oil" or when he says he has a plan for ISIS "but I am not going to tell"

Well, he went through the primaries saying almost nothing other than "I'm going to build a wall" and "I'm awesome....Everybody loves me".

I guess now we know he has a plan somewhere in his head...oh....wait.....he's going to demand his generals put together a plan in the first 30 days. Wait.......doesn't he know more than the generals?

lol

You can continue to discount the changes he has made in his campaign the past 6 weeks, but the reality is that he has been focusing on offering policy solutions while Hillary has been AWOL (well before her collapse) and solely focused on making this a race about racism.

• Fire 1