Baskets of Deplorables

He's pumping out policy like a crazy person because he keeps changing his tune.. He's had like 3 different tax policies (at least that he's citing in his ads), his FDA policy lasted 12 hours before he walked that back. His immigration policy is a nebulous cloud of mass deportation and the Dream Act. His national security policy depends on which generals tell him his suit looks nice...

I can't wrap my head around it, it's a joke!

The on position he has been constant on is if a poll shows him losing, it's invalid.

• Fire 1

I'm still waiting to see where Hilary Clinton's statement about Trump's supporters was proven incorrect. So far it hasn't been.

Lol...I have asked for evidence that half of his supporters (he will likely get 50 to 60 million votes, so 25 to 30 million would be half) are racist, sexist, etc.. All that people claim are a few outliers that exist in both parties. There was an attempt to trash an old man with cataracts was proof because some protester was committing a hoax and claimed she was punched, but even an MSNBC reporter that covers Trump admitted the people at his rallies are everyday hardworking Americans who do not align with Hillary's Clinton's deplorable label.

I'm still waiting to see where Hilary Clinton's statement about Trump's supporters was proven incorrect. So far it hasn't been.

Lol...I have asked for evidence that half of his supporters (he will likely get 50 to 60 million votes, so 25 to 30 million would be half) are racist, sexist, etc.. All that people claim are a few outliers that exist in both parties. There was an attempt to trash an old man with cataracts was proof because some protester was committing a hoax and claimed she was punched, but even an MSNBC reporter that covers Trump admitted the people at his rallies are everyday hardworking Americans who do not align with Hillary's Clinton's deplorable label.

This is just the stuff they caught on camera.

Lol...Not even close to 25 to 30 million. And there are videos of Trump supporters being attacked by left-wing protesters.

Lol...Not even close to 25 to 30 million. And there are videos of Trump supporters being attacked by left-wing protesters.

That's left wing. Not Clinton campaign. Big difference. What I showed was at Trump supporters.

If you want to get caught up in the numbers, that's fine, but you're missing the point. I don't get how anyone defends that video.

And again, I don't endorse violence stemming from politics. Not at all. But perhaps we ought to consider why protestors are pissed off enough to attack another human being in the first place. I don't recall a lot of this going on outside Romney, McCain, or W events.

• Fire 1

That's left wing. Not Clinton campaign. Big difference. What I showed was at Trump supporters.

If you want to get caught up in the numbers, that's fine, but you're missing the point. I don't get how anyone defends that video.

And again, I don't endorse violence stemming from politics. Not at all. But perhaps we ought to consider why protestors are pissed off to attack another human being in the first place. I don't recall a lot of this going on outside Romney, McCain, or W events.

Umm, there are videos out there of Hillary supporters attacking Bernie supporters. Also, I will guarantee you that those that support BLM and are attacking Trump supporters are going to vote for Hillary, so it's naive to suggest otherwise. And yes, the numbers are important. Having a small small percentage of Trump supporters where he draws thousands at rallies is not representative of "Half" of his supporters. Just admit she is wrong and should not have made that statement.

Clinton herself said she shouldn't have said "half". You have your admission/apology, Bnil. Now, just admit that she is right and "some" are deplorable...

Oh I think there are supporters on both sides that are deplorable, especially the Black Lives Matter movement which Hillary is supporting. I think Hillary and Trump have both said a lot of bad things in the past and over the course of this campaign. With that said, Hillary's gaffe was costly to her campaign for 2 reasons:

1. It has put her on defense and energized the GOP base, including those who may have been lukewarm supporters of Trump.

2. It takes away her ability to continue calling Trump names because she simply went over the top. If she continues to call Trump a bigot, racist, etc.., he can simply reuse Reagan's great line "There you go again." I think it hurts her more that she was speaking to an elitist group and was reading this off a teleprompter in a very condescending tone, so there is no wiggle room to say it was a "mistake" because it was 100% planned.

It WAS 100% planned. And it worked just as planned, IMO. Here's an op-ed about why it was a good move from the super conservative Washington Examiner that I came across the other day.

In a way, because of what Pence did with David Duke, she made the whole thing into a litmus test for Republicans. Do you agree there's some legitimacy to her statement, or do you side with Mike Pence in seemingly half-heartedly rebuking David Duke?

She ripped into him pretty good today for the birther thing. A ripping he deserved, IMO. So I don't know that your #2 holds water, bnil.

But I will say that Trump, after all he has said and done during his campaign, trying to call her out as making some terrible gaffe ("the worst of the election") is just silly. Another silly moment from a silly candidate.

BTW, I don't think that she was wrong, so I wouldn't admit that. I don't think she was being literal when she used the word half. She was generalizing about the two types of Trump supporters: The good, honest folks who support some of his policies, want to see a change in Washington, or feel left out by other political figures. And then the ones who like Trump because he's a loudmouth and a strongman type who thinks he can get anything from anyone by twisting their arm, and who look to Trump to normalize and justify their horrible, deplorable behaviors and beliefs.

The latter are the folks who belong in the basket.

It WAS 100% planned. And it worked just as planned, IMO. Here's an op-ed about why it was a good move from the super conservative Washington Examiner that I came across the other day.

In a way, because of what Pence did with David Duke, she made the whole thing into a litmus test for Republicans. Do you agree there's some legitimacy to her statement, or do you side with Mike Pence in seemingly half-heartedly rebuking David Duke?

She ripped into him pretty good today for the birther thing. A ripping he deserved, IMO. So I don't know that your #2 holds water, bnil.

But I will say that Trump, after all he has said and done during his campaign, trying to call her out as making some terrible gaffe ("the worst of the election") is just silly. Another silly moment from a silly candidate.

BTW, I don't think that she was wrong, so I wouldn't admit that. I don't think she was being literal when she used the word half. She was generalizing about the two types of Trump supporters: The good, honest folks who support some of his policies, want to see a change in Washington, or feel left out by other political figures. And then the ones who like Trump because he's a loudmouth and a strongman type who thinks he can get anything from anyone by twisting their arm, and who look to Trump to normalize and justify their horrible, deplorable behaviors and beliefs.

The latter are the folks who belong in the basket.

You are still stuck on this David Duke thing that CNN is obsessed with as well. Trump is using her deplorables gaffe to his advantage big time. If her gaffe was not wrong, why have her polling numbers tanked big time. I don't think the huge drop is from her health episode alone. I think the difference between you and me is that I'm willing to criticize Trump when he says or does something dumb. You continue to dig in and defend her HUGE deplorables comment. Let's not forget she said that millions of voters were also "irredeemable." I don't see any goodness that has come from this gaffe, but apparently you believe there is some goodness.