Baskets of Deplorables

"We need a President who is fighting for all Americans, not one who writes off nearly half the country" [/size]Barack Obama[/size] (@BarackObama) [/size]September 18, 2012

How ironic that this tweet now can be used against the candidate he hopes to carry on his legacy.

Technically it can't. Half the country doesn't support Trump...

This thread is full of you failing. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Lol...you are too funny. Technically 47% wasn't half the country either which is what Obama's remarks were in reference too, but I guess you were not bright enough to pick up on that one before making your latest comment.

Love the hypocrisy in your last sentence...

2012 voter turnout was 57.5% of the population in 2012. If Trump some how managed 60% of those votes (ie supporters) that's 34.5% of the population. Just over one third. Not close to half. But I guess you didn't pick up on that the first time it was explained to you.

This was a stupid argument to begin with and is even stupider to continue.

I have to say, some of you have stated that you would not vote for either candidate, yet are the first ones to defend one side or the other.

I don't get this?

Neither of these candidates are worthy of that office, NETHER!

• Fire 3

Saying I disagree with some homosexual positions and actions is an opinion which I should be free to state without recrimination.

Like doggystyle?

She "regrets" using some of that language just as Trump has stated in the past he regrets some of his remarks.

Would love links to Trump quotes expressing regret.

I doubt very much most of the 25% of which Hillary speaks wants all blacks deported to Africa, all homosexuals thrown off the nearest tall building or all women at home barefoot and pregnant.
This cannot be the standard by which we declare racism(etc)-free.
I don't believe this to be true of all Republicans by a long shot. Along with almost everybody else, I thought there was no way in heck Trump would even come close to winning the primary. But here we are. And he's gotten here by feeding off resentments that we would be foolish to deny exist within the GOP party base. That isn't an accident. The party got here by appealing to these groups for decades. It's a reason why parts of the rest of the GOP coalition is abandoning ship from a party they no longer recognize.

I doubt very much most of the 25% of which Hillary speaks wants all blacks deported to Africa, all homosexuals thrown off the nearest tall building or all women at home barefoot and pregnant.
This cannot be the standard by which we declare racism(etc)-free.
I don't believe this to be true of all Republicans by a long shot. Along with almost everybody else, I thought there was no way in heck Trump would even come close to winning the primary. But here we are. And he's gotten here by feeding off resentments that we would be foolish to deny exist within the GOP party base. That isn't an accident. The party got here by appealing to these groups for decades. It's a reason why parts of the rest of the GOP coalition is abandoning ship from a party they no longer recognize.

Certainly those resentments exist in many on the conservative side these days. I'm not saying otherwise. Some if not many feel like we have had 8 years of a president and a RINO House and Senate who would not try to find a middle ground where the country might flourish instead of the petty bickering we've had to deal with. I'm frustrated with issues like immigration and have been labeled heartless by members of my family because I don't want the doors to the borders thrown wide open more than they are now. I'm frustrated with the debt load we carry as a country. I would have been all for healthcare reform where the poor and elderly could have quality care free or at low cost if we had managed the budget in the past 40 years to make it affordable. So many issues we have managed poorly in the past are now biting us in the behind.

Literally the only thing wrong with her statement was the word "half," even though it probably isn't actually wrong.

Not to mention the caveat "grossly generalistic" before saying it.

It couldn't possibly be a starker difference than saying you've seen "thousands of Muslims celebrating on the rooftops dancing" after 9/11.

All to often liberals declare conservatives as racist, homophobic, xenophobic and any other "phobic" they can think of when often the original statement was a opposition to a position. Saying I think "All black people are stupid" would be terribly racist. Saying I oppose Black Lives Matter is certainly not saying the same thing. Saying homosexuals are evil people who attempt to lure children would be an awful lie as that is not the case anymore than heterosexuals. Saying I disagree with some homosexual positions and actions is an opinion which I should be free to state without recrimination. I doubt very much most of the 25% of which Hillary speaks wants all blacks deported to Africa, all homosexuals thrown off the nearest tall building or all women at home barefoot and pregnant. Certainly there are a few idiots (as there are on both sides of the fence) who feel that hateful. My wish is that both parties would quit trying to control the narrative about the other party's base and the useless labeling.

Very well put Tony. There are extreme elements of both parties, and it appears the strategy of Hillary's team is to focus on the "alt fringe right" and demonize those any chance she gets. It's really unfortunate and is a sign of a candidate that has nothing to stand for herself regarding her record or promoting Obama's record. She knows the country wants a change from Obama and is stuck.

• Fire 2

"We need a President who is fighting for all Americans, not one who writes off nearly half the country" [/size]Barack Obama[/size] (@BarackObama) [/size]September 18, 2012

How ironic that this tweet now can be used against the candidate he hopes to carry on his legacy.

Technically it can't. Half the country doesn't support Trump...

This thread is full of you failing. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Lol...you are too funny. Technically 47% wasn't half the country either which is what Obama's remarks were in reference too, but I guess you were not bright enough to pick up on that one before making your latest comment.

Love the hypocrisy in your last sentence...

2012 voter turnout was 57.5% of the population in 2012. If Trump some how managed 60% of those votes (ie supporters) that's 34.5% of the population. Just over one third. Not close to half. But I guess you didn't pick up on that the first time it was explained to you.

This was a stupid argument to begin with and is even stupider to continue.

And you were the one that tried to make a technical argument about specific percentages, whether it was Romney's 47% comment or Hillary's half of Trump supporters comment. Regardless of the actual percent involved, she just called millions of Americans racists, homophobics, etc, and you want to continue defending her. When Trump has said stupid things, such as attacking the Khans, I openly called him a doucheb*g on here and will continue to do so. It's unfortunate you just can't accept what she said was horrible and she should be held accountable for it just as some have held Trump accountable for the poor things he has said in the past.

• Fire 1

So millions of Americans are not one or several of the following: racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist, or Islamophobic; but they support a candidate who at some time in the very, very recent past has made comments in the same vein?

I honestly don't think what she said is horrible. I think it's the truth. I think it's horrible that people are going to bitch about a PC culture and then turn around and be butt hurt when one of the major presidential candidates says something unPC that they don't like, but is very likely true.

• Fire 1

So millions of Americans are not one or several of the following: racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist, or Islamophobic; but they support a candidate who at some time in the very, very recent past has made comments in the same vein?

I honestly don't think what she said is horrible. I think it's the truth. I think it's horrible that people are going to bitch about a PC culture and then turn around and be butt hurt when one of the major presidential candidates says something unPC that they don't like, but is very likely true.

First off, both parties have extreme elements that are racist, sexist, etc. It's one thing to try to push such an attack directly on Trump, but then to go after his supporters (and not mince words) was outrageous. Hillary has made her share of bigoted comments with the basket comment being perhaps the worst. Maybe her mentor, former KKK supporter Robert Byrd, didn't get to the lesson about refraining from insulting millions of Americans 2 months before the election.

• Fire 2