Baskets of Deplorables

No, I don't agree with what's in bold as much as you would like to suggest that is the case. I think he attacked his opponents to harshly using name calling, but I disagree with the notion that his entire campaign is built upon hate as you and many on the left like to claim. As I just stated, he is the only one out there now talking about policy solutions on a regular basis, and giving policy-specific speeches on a host of topics. Are you able to at least admit he's turned his campaign around and has been focused on policies and improving the lives of all Americans, including minorities?

lol

His speeches where he says we are going to "take the oil" or when he says he has a plan for ISIS "but I am not going to tell"

You can continue to discount the changes he has made in his campaign the past 6 weeks, but the reality is that he has been focusing on offering policy solutions while Hillary has been AWOL (well before her collapse) and solely focused on making this a race about racism.

Here's the deal Bril. I don't give a flying rip if he becomes a perfect little angel over the next 50+ days. We know what the idiot is like because we have seen him the last 12-18 months. Pardon me if I don't accept it when people can become sweet and nice for a short period of time to pump the public with BS.

It's no different than if Clinton all of a sudden didn't tell another lie during that time. Are you all of a sudden going to ignore everything she has said the last 12-18 months? NOT.......

• Fire 5

No, I don't agree with what's in bold as much as you would like to suggest that is the case. I think he attacked his opponents to harshly using name calling, but I disagree with the notion that his entire campaign is built upon hate as you and many on the left like to claim. As I just stated, he is the only one out there now talking about policy solutions on a regular basis, and giving policy-specific speeches on a host of topics. Are you able to at least admit he's turned his campaign around and has been focused on policies and improving the lives of all Americans, including minorities?

lol

His speeches where he says we are going to "take the oil" or when he says he has a plan for ISIS "but I am not going to tell"

You can continue to discount the changes he has made in his campaign the past 6 weeks, but the reality is that he has been focusing on offering policy solutions while Hillary has been AWOL (well before her collapse) and solely focused on making this a race about racism.

Here's the deal Bril. I don't give a flying rip if he becomes a perfect little angel over the next 50+ days. We know what the idiot is like because we have seen him the last 12-18 months. Pardon me if I don't accept it when people can become sweet and nice for a short period of time to pump the public with BS.

It's no different than if Clinton all of a sudden didn't tell another lie during that time. Are you all of a sudden going to ignore everything she has said the last 12-18 months? NOT.......

That is your prerogative BRB...it appears others are willing to forgive him as the polls are tightening as we speak.

• Fire 1

Just sayin'...

And now more information on this story showing this was a hoax and that the woman making this claim made up her story to draw a reaction. He is now looking to sue her for slander. Meanwhile, Teeter, the woman who fell down, was seen shortly thereafter smiling and continuing her protests.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/14/trump-supporter-asheville-exclusive-attorney-accused-made-whole-thing/

• Fire 1

lol

That is your prerogative BRB...it appears others are willing to forgive him as the polls are tightening as we speak.

They're idiots.
  • Fire 2

And now more information on this story showing this was a hoax and that the woman making this claim made up her story to draw a reaction. He is now looking to sue her for slander. Meanwhile, Teeter, the woman who fell down, was seen shortly thereafter smiling and continuing her protests.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/14/trump-supporter-asheville-exclusive-attorney-accused-made-whole-thing/

Something happened there. She definitely grabbed his shoulder, but it doesn't look like he just shruggered her off. Maybe she was winding up and he got her first. The video doesn't really show anything... we'll see.

"Both candidates have made bigoted statements"

It's not equal. Not by a long shot. This is to say that you'd be cool making $10 for a hard day's labor while I pay BRB $200 for the same work. I mean, you can't complain - you both got paid.

If we presupposed bnilhome is female and BRB is male, wouldn't this be Trump's verbatim definition of "fair & equal treatment" as regards pay equity???

Trump won't pay either one...unless Trump is bnilhome or BRB.

Something happened there. She definitely grabbed his shoulder, but it doesn't look like he just shruggered her off. Maybe she was winding up and he got her first. The video doesn't really show anything... we'll see.

The point is that dudeguy and others on here were trying to use this hoax as an example to label Trump supporters as being deplorable. It looks like that attempt was a failure.

• Fire 1

I don't think Trump lives in Illinois or small-town Nebraska.

You're creepy sometimes man...

The point is that dudeguy and others on here were trying to use this hoax as an example to label Trump supporters as being deplorable. It looks like that attempt was a failure.

They jumped the gun, just as you are doing now.

Just sayin'...

Shall we start digging up all those Trump haters protesting at his events?

Yes, good point. There have been many instances of Trump supporters who have been attacked or interfered with while attending a Trump event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/

And let's not forget a Clinton supporter attacked a 67 year old Trump supporter just last month.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/01/23-year-old-flag-burning-clinton-supporter-attacks-67-year-old-trump-backer-trying-to-stop-him/

Here are some other examples:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/violent_attacks_against_trump_supporters_continue_apace.html

So for Dudeguy and other Hillary defenders, with these examples provided, are you willing to include half of Hillary supporters in the "basket of deplorables?"

I don't condone political violence of any kind. Period.

I'm sure every campaign has their fair share of nutjobs that do crap like this. The difference is they don't usually actively court them, or encourage it.

If you want to focus on the "half" terminology going forward, so be it. But look at the original phrase..

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people—now [have] 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric.

She even prefaced it by saying it was perhaps overly simplistic. But the rhetorical trick worked. The result is that Trump is now running ads bringing to light the worst of the people in his camp-- the racists, red-pill idiots, the violent, and the bigoted. And Pence felt the need to pussyfoot around David Duke.

When you can't decide whether David Duke is a good guy, that's gonna be a problem.

If you're still trying to compare the number of "deplorables" in Clinton's camp to the number of them in Trump's, you're missing the forest for the trees.

I agree with ZRod, I don't think that video showed too much. But why is it we're even having this discussion again for the umpteenth time at a Trump event? FWIW, the story you linked to about San Jose wasn't Clinton supporters, just rioters. But I seriously doubt they were just there to riot for nothing. Would you agree Trump's rhetoric had anything to do with that?

We'll see what becomes of that lady, if anything. Personally, I don't trust anything from the media arm of the Trump campaign seriously. They've peddled plenty of conspiracy theories in their day.

Just sayin'...

Yes, good point. There have been many instances of Trump supporters who have been attacked or interfered with while attending a Trump event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/

And let's not forget a Clinton supporter attacked a 67 year old Trump supporter just last month.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/01/23-year-old-flag-burning-clinton-supporter-attacks-67-year-old-trump-backer-trying-to-stop-him/

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/violent_attacks_against_trump_supporters_continue_apace.html

So for Dudeguy and other Hillary defenders, with these examples provided, are you willing to include half of Hillary supporters in the "basket of deplorables?"

I'm sure every campaign has their fair share of nutjobs that do crap like this. The difference is they don't usually actively court them, or encourage it.

If you want to focus on the "half" terminology going forward, so be it. But look at the original phrase..

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people—now [have] 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric.

She even prefaced it by saying it was perhaps overly simplistic. But the rhetorical trick worked. The result is that Trump is now running ads bringing to light the worst of the people in his camp-- the racists, red-pill idiots, the violent, and the bigoted. And Pence felt the need to pussyfoot around David Duke.

When you can't decide whether David Duke is a good guy, that's gonna be a problem.

If you're still trying to compare the number of "deplorables" in Clinton's camp to the number of them in Trump's, you're missing the forest for the trees.

I agree with ZRod, I don't think that video showed too much. But why is it we're even having this discussion again for the umpteenth time at a Trump event? FWIW, the story you linked to about San Jose wasn't Clinton supporters, just rioters. But I seriously doubt they were just there to riot for nothing. Would you agree Trump's rhetoric had anything to do with that?

We'll see what becomes of that lady, if anything. Personally, I don't trust anything from the media arm of the Trump campaign seriously. They've peddled plenty of conspiracy theories in their day.

Wow, you and CNN are on a mission to keep focusing on David Duke. I saw Pence's interview and he said their campaign wants nothing to do with him or his viewpoints. It's CNN and the left's way of trying to distract from Hillary's huge deplorables gaffe. She really screwed up both politically and strategically as this takes away her ability to continue bashing Trump for name calling and attacking others when she just did it. Meanwhile, Hillary has refused to disavow the Black Lives Matter movement which has advocated the killing of cops. I would like to see her come out more forcefully and disavow that hateful group. Do you think she will?

As for why protesters come to protest, I have no idea what their motive is, but given Trump gives far more rallies than Clinton, and they are always packed, it's no surprise he's attracting nutjobs on the left. As for conspiracies, weren't you just bashing the "Alt-Right" movement for pushing concerns around Hillary's health. It turns out there was no conspiracy at all.

• Fire 2

Just sayin'...

Wow, you and CNN are on a mission to keep focusing on David Duke. I saw Pence's interview and he said their campaign wants nothing to do with him or his viewpoints. It's CNN and the left's way of trying to distract from Hillary's huge deplorables gaffe. She really screwed up both politically and strategically as this takes away her ability to continue bashing Trump for name calling and attacking others when she just did it. Meanwhile, Hillary has refused to disavow the Black Lives Matter movement which has advocated the killing of cops. I would like to see her come out more forcefully and disavow that hateful group. Do you think she will?

As for why protesters come to protest, I have no idea what their motive is, but given Trump gives far more rallies than Clinton, and they are always packed, it's no surprise he's attracting nutjobs on the left. As for conspiracies, weren't you just bashing the "Alt-Right" movement for pushing concerns around Hillary's health. It turns out there was no conspiracy at all.

I disagree.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trumps supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobicyou name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 peoplenow [have] 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric.

LOL....pence and trump can say whatever they want. They will still get the KKK vote.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trumps supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobicyou name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 peoplenow [have] 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric.

LOL....pence and trump can say whatever they want. They will still get the KKK vote.

You might want to think twice about that after watching this video of "the grand dragon" supporting Hillary. As for BLM, I'm sure Hillary will get every vote from that hate group.

• Fire 2