Rumor: Les Miles to Nebraska as Assistant?

I don't think it's THAT nuts that it would be a good move. I seriously doubt that he would come here, though.

Think about it... when we hired Riley, the majority of us had no idea who we had just hired and had to rush to Google to figure to out. Guys who are good recruiters are very valuable, and Miles' name recognition is undeniable. I wouldn't mind him being an offensive assistant or even assistant HC if he could bring more talent to Lincoln. We need to continue to step up our recruiting. Our momentum straight died after the season started.

Why can't we do like what Alabama is doing and just hire Les Miles on in the Athletic Department not as a coach but as a contributor/analyst or recruiting coordinator/analyst?

'Bama has a handful of coaches that do this kind of work and aren't coaching the kids directly--would be a great way for Les Miles to be around his kid, yet not coach him directly, and collect a paycheck. Don't see why we couldn't do the same...this way we can get Les Miles' expertise and insight and he can help in the background.

• Fire 2

Why can't we do like what Alabama is doing and just hire Les Miles on in the Athletic Department not as a coach but as a contributor/analyst or recruiting coordinator/analyst?

'Bama has a handful of coaches that do this kind of work and aren't coaching the kids directly--would be a great way for Les Miles to be around his kid, yet not coach him directly, and collect a paycheck. Don't see why we couldn't do the same...this way we can get Les Miles' expertise and insight and he can help in the background.

Because then he couldn't recruit on the road

it'd be a good move. Would definitely jack up the pub nationwide. but it's not fap worthy in my opinion. I just dont see it. But what do i know? I just think he's oversold as a coach. for the talent he had at his disposal, how is he not? it was the style of play that LSU presented. That they were a disorganized, detail lacking, offensively bland "my guys are better than your guys", erratic style of football. I frankly became tired of that over the past 7 years. It's just my opinion that there are better options out there from a straight football standpoint.

Because then he couldn't recruit on the road

Don't need him to, considering our new hire.

Oh boy, Les Miles in town. Word is he had a 1 on 1 meeting with Riley for 2 hours.

I have heard from a very reliable source that Les was indeed in the football offices this past weekend.

He was not there talking to coach MR, but rather talking to our head grounds keeper to find out what types of grass we have planted outside the stadium, in case he needs a snack.

les-miles-eats-grass-o.gif

• Fire 1

Oh boy, Les Miles in town. Word is he had a 1 on 1 meeting with Riley for 2 hours.

I have heard from a very reliable source that Les was indeed in the football offices this past weekend.

He was not there talking to coach MR, but rather talking to our head grounds keeper to find out what types of grass we have planted outside the stadium, in case he needs a snack.

les-miles-eats-grass-o.gif

He could probably chew on the rubber pellets our Field Turf kicks up--that should tide him over.