BTN Dienhart Clueless

To say he is not sold on Nebraska is one thing and that is a ligitimate answer as to why you may not be on the Nebraska bandwagon. But he was on Sharp and Benning this morning and said he liked Iowa better because Nebraska hadn't played anyone and he thought they were getting better. The problem is that Iowa hasn't played anyone either and has 2 losses and one of those loses is to a team that Nebraska has beat.

His logic it faulty.

• Fire 1

To say he is not sold on Nebraska is one thing and that is a ligitimate answer as to why you may not be on the Nebraska bandwagon. But he was on Sharp and Benning this morning and said he liked Iowa better because Nebraska hadn't played anyone and he thought they were getting better. The problem is that Iowa hasn't played anyone either and has 2 losses and one of those loses is to a team that Nebraska has beat.

His logic it faulty.

Precisely! I'm okay with him thinking Iowa will be better at the end of the year, but to say they should be "ranked" ahead of Nebraska right now is complete stupidity.

Sometimes I understand giving a team the benefit of the doubt when they're a big good team that has been good for a long time and had a great season the previous year.

For Iowa, it was a blip on the radar and they didn't beat a single team all season that was really good. So Iowa's blip wasn't even a great season. They also lost their last 2 games. So putting them ahead of Nebraska right now is weird.

Iowa did have that impressive 14-7 win over Rutgers :tv

And Minnesota. Have you seen MN play this year? ISU has a better QB.

Iowa did have that impressive 14-7 win over Rutgers :tv

That's pretty embarassing considering they couldn't score any points VS tOSU and UM.

Like I said impressive... just not a good impression. The spread the love theory seems plausible.

Edited by 4skers89

Sometimes I think the BTN announcers are required to give every team in the B1G at least a little love. I'm betting that Dienhart drew the long straw on Iowa this week. That's the only explanation I can come up with. :lol:

He's the media, and IOWA is Hillary.

Easy enough.