Clinton emails

Oh...the GOP definitely made their bed and now has to lie in it. They are the ones who have fed off of the Fox News and Breitbart type media and has embraced the Tea Party. But, it's like Dr. Frankenstein creating a monster and then screaming...."IT'S ALIVE"!!!!!!

They didn't want trump at all. But, they have him now and have to deal with the consequences.

• Fire 1

Oh...the GOP definitely made their bed and now has to lie in it. They are the ones who have fed off of the Fox News and Breitbart type media and has embraced the Tea Party. But, it's like Dr. Frankenstein creating a monster and then screaming...."IT'S ALIVE"!!!!!!

They didn't want trump at all. But, they have him now and have to deal with the consequences.

But they are not "dealing with the consequences" IMO.

This article (partisan as it is) lays out that ranking GOPers are also going crazy as well:

• Republicans continue to cheer the fact that the electronic systems of American political groups were illegally hacked, and then private communications were selectively released in order to do damage to one side in this election. The Republican nominee has explicitly asked a hostile foreign power to hack into his opponent’s electronic systems.
  • High-ranking Republican officeholders are now suggesting that they may impeach Clinton as soon as she takes office. These are not just backbench nutbars of the Louie Gohmert variety, but people with genuine power, including Ron Johnson, the senator from Wisconsin, Michael McCaul, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, and veteran legislators like James Sensenbrenner and Peter King. The message is being echoed by top Trump surrogates like Rudy Giuliani.
  • There is a growing movement among Republicans in the Senate to simply refuse to approve any nominee appointed by a Democratic president to the Supreme Court, leaving open any and all vacancies until a Republican can be elected to fill them.
  • State and local Republican officials are engaged in widespread and systematic efforts to suppress the votes of African-Americans and other groups likely to vote disproportionately Democratic; in many cases officials have been ordered by courts to stop their suppression efforts and they have simply ignored the court orders.
  • Republican elected officials increasingly feel emboldened to openly suggest violence against Clinton should she be elected.
  • Fire 3

They might deal with the consequences if they suffer a total defeat up and down the ballot.

Although, they'll keep the House at least. And possibly the Senate. I can't see the refreshing of both parties I am hoping for if that happens, much less should they win the presidency too.

• Republicans continue to cheer the fact that the electronic systems of American political groups were illegally hacked, and then private communications were selectively released in order to do damage to one side in this election. The Republican nominee has explicitly asked a hostile foreign power to hack into his opponent’s electronic systems.
  • High-ranking Republican officeholders are now suggesting that they may impeach Clinton as soon as she takes office. These are not just backbench nutbars of the Louie Gohmert variety, but people with genuine power, including Ron Johnson, the senator from Wisconsin, Michael McCaul, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, and veteran legislators like James Sensenbrenner and Peter King. The message is being echoed by top Trump surrogates like Rudy Giuliani.
  • There is a growing movement among Republicans in the Senate to simply refuse to approve any nominee appointed by a Democratic president to the Supreme Court, leaving open any and all vacancies until a Republican can be elected to fill them.
  • State and local Republican officials are engaged in widespread and systematic efforts to suppress the votes of African-Americans and other groups likely to vote disproportionately Democratic; in many cases officials have been ordered by courts to stop their suppression efforts and they have simply ignored the court orders.
  • Republican elected officials increasingly feel emboldened to openly suggest violence against Clinton should she be elected.

And yet, people are "happy" to vote for Donald Trump.

But they are not "dealing with the consequences" IMO.

This article (partisan as it is) lays out that ranking GOPers are also going crazy as well:

They won't have a choice of if they want to deal with the consequences or not. They are already set in motion. If they so choose to still go down this path, they will be marginalized more and more and more till they have very little power in politics. They will continue to lose elections.

The only reason this election is even as close as it is is because Hillary is such a pathetic candidate. If the Republicans remain on this path and in 2020 the Dems put up someone like Warren, the election won't even be close.

Even at that point, there will be some holding on to this horrible political life line. But, they will become more and more marginalized.

Again, they won't have a choice.

Oh, I could very well see them having a choice.

Hold the House, be competitive in the Senate. They currently enjoy dominance at the state legislature level, too.

If Trump loses there will be a fight for control. And it will quite possibly be won by the Trumpists, or the Tea Party hardliners (it's getting harder to distinguish, frankly) and the large percentage of Republicans who have fallen in line will stay in line.

The GOP could very easily come out of this basically intact, still The Governing Party ® of the United States, and having entrenched and empowered the Tea Party elements and nativist forces of the Trump campaign. It would hardly take a radical restructuring for this outcome to prevail.

Oh, I could very well see them having a choice.

Hold the House, be competitive in the Senate. They currently enjoy dominance at the state legislature level, too.

If Trump loses there will be a fight for control. And it will quite possibly be won by the Trumpists, or the Tea Party hardliners (it's getting harder to distinguish, frankly) and the large percentage of Republicans who have fallen in line will stay in line.

The GOP could very easily come out of this basically intact, still The Governing Party ® of the United States, and having entrenched and empowered the Tea Party elements and nativist forces of the Trump campaign. It would hardly take a radical restructuring for this outcome to prevail.

There is one hell of a lot of Republicans that are holding their noses and voting for Trump simply because they hate Hillary so much. They know he is awful. But, they believe Hillary is so bad that even Trump would be better.

Once the election is over, those people probably aren't going to stay committed to his brand of kookiness. They will be looking for someone else to represent their conservatism.

• Fire 2

There is one hell of a lot of Republicans that are holding their noses and voting for Trump simply because they hate Hillary so much. They know he is awful. But, they believe Hillary is so bad that even Trump would be better.

Once the election is over, those people probably aren't going to stay committed to his brand of kookiness. They will be looking for someone else to represent their conservatism.

The buyer's remorse on Trump will be epic.

• Fire 1

BRB, so many of the Republicans who denounced Trump for one thing or another have run back to him in response to what I can only assume is a compelling degree of voter pressure.

This is a political bloc that wields a lot of sway. They won't let that go quietly, not without a fight, regardless of what happens in November.

As odd as it is, our system is kind of working. The electorate pushes the pols who manage to stay in power towards certain directions. That's powerful. And those directions I would not describe as conservatism.

The buyer's remorse on Trump will be epic.

It will be massive. Ginormous. Perhaps the biggest bout of buyer's remorse that has ever happened in this country's history.

I just wonder what's going to happen to the Trump brand name after this and when his new television network launches. His properties are already taking a fiscal hit because of his campaign and his behavior being exposed. But attaching the label of loser to all of his other labels is just going to magnify the stench...

I just wonder what's going to happen to the Trump brand name after this and when his new television network launches. His properties are already taking a fiscal hit because of his campaign and his behavior being exposed. But attaching the label of loser to all of his other labels is just going to magnify the stench...

It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here. I legit thought he'd have bailed by now. To this day I don't think he wants to be president.

If he loses he'll do his spin thing, and he'll try to launch from campaign to other endeavors, all the while trying to enhance the Trump brand. His followers don't think he's done/doing anything wrong so far, despite all evidence to the contrary, so maybe some will stick with him after the election.

It'd be interesting to see if the Democrat machine went after Trump the same way the Republicans have gone after Hillary. If he gets elected we'll see the Democrats figure out how to launch a pogrom against him like the Republicans did against Hillary.

BRB, so many of the Republicans who denounced Trump for one thing or another have run back to him in response to what I can only assume is a compelling degree of voter pressure.

This is a political bloc that wields a lot of sway. They won't let that go quietly, not without a fight, regardless of what happens in November.

As odd as it is, our system is kind of working. The electorate pushes the pols who manage to stay in power towards certain directions. That's powerful. And those directions I would not describe as conservatism.

I'm getting a very different feel. Don't get me wrong. There is a certain group of voters that were in love with Trump from the beginning and think he's the most awesome of awesomeness there ever was. I don't get it. But, it's there.

I believe that group is much much smaller than who is actually voting for him. I constantly see stuff on line from people who are now Trump supporters that makes it seem like they are trying to convince themselves he is the right guy....but, it's as though they know he is horrible.

People I know who were claiming to be supporters a couple months ago now say...."The only reason I'm voting for him is the Supreme Court issue". They won't even try to defend him in anything but that.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here. I legit thought he'd have bailed by now. To this day I don't think he wants to be president.

If he loses he'll do his spin thing, and he'll try to launch from campaign to other endeavors, all the while trying to enhance the Trump brand. His followers don't think he's done/doing anything wrong so far, despite all evidence to the contrary, so maybe some will stick with him after the election.

It'd be interesting to see if the Democrat machine went after Trump the same way the Republicans have gone after Hillary. If he gets elected we'll see the Democrats figure out how to launch a pogrom against him like the Republicans did against Hillary.

Forgive my ignorance, but was has he done that would get him impeached? If he has those skeletons in the closet, surely they'd be out by now?

Forgive my ignorance, but was has he done that would get him impeached? If he has those skeletons in the closet, surely they'd be out by now?

200_s.gif