Clinton emails

Good, even-handed summary. I'll just paste the link and the closing paragraphs for brevity. The bulk of the content is within the article, not the conclusion posted below, so please peruse it. I thought it was quite informative.

https://medium.com/the-curious-civilian/admit-it-the-clinton-email-controversy-bothers-you-yet-you-dont-actually-know-what-the-clinton-511dc1659eda#.rs3yq6fdp

Lets be frank, here. America is the number one military superpower in the world. Our national security relies on finding a solution to this critical communications need. That the acting Secretary of State relied on a private server to do her joband do it better  should be scaring the hell out of all of us. But instead of looking at  and fixingthis monumental problem, were spending our time trying discredit a woman, who despite what you think about her personally, has actually been an effective and diligent public servant.

The Clinton email controversy isnt about Hillary Clinton. Its not about classified information. Its about how we, as Americans, adapt to the changing world. As the pressures of globalism escalate, theres no better time  and no better person than Clinton herself  to mount this charge. She needs to do something about our communications problem, and we need to hold her to it.

If for some reasons polls tighten in the next 2 weeks, Hillary needs to call a press conference and read this article out loud to every single media person there. I still don't get why she has refused to just explain it in terms the public would understand. Saying, "the FBI has done a full investigation" does NOT count.

Newest release from wikileaks - President lied that the first time he knew of Hillary's private server was on the news.

Somehow I think most of knew that wasn't true, the wikileaks shows it was a lie. Another day in Washington DC.

Gives more reason in my mind why the FBI Director let Clinton off free, it would have exposed the president as well.

Maybe that is what Bill and the AG talked about in that plane in Arizona besides grandkids. :dunno:sarcasm

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/wikileaks-barack-obama-knew-hillary-clinton/2016/10/25/id/755311/

Newest release from wikileaks - President lied that the first time he knew of Hillary's private server was on the news.

Somehow I think most of knew that wasn't true, the wikileaks shows it was a lie. Another day in Washington DC.

Gives more reason in my mind why the FBI Director let Clinton off free, it would have exposed the president as well.

Maybe that is what Bill and the AG talked about in that plane in Arizona besides grandkids. :dunno:sarcasm

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/wikileaks-barack-obama-knew-hillary-clinton/2016/10/25/id/755311/

Everyone that emailed her knew, in a sense, that she had a private server. Saying the President "lied" is a bit of a stretch. More than likely, he made a comment not thinking it would be a big deal, but the Clinton camp realized it may be twisted and used against him by his detractors and wanted to warn him to be prepared for backlash. Not because they were hiding anything, but because Clinton wasn't hiding anything and it would look foolish for the President to insinuate that she was.

Ignoring the government related aspect, she was using a non-work email account to do work related emails. Any IT worker in the country would tell you that's a huge no-no. Basically, if she wasn't Hillary Clinton, she'd have been nailed for it.

The guy who wrote this has as much a grasp on information security as your average Best Buy employee.

Basically, if she wasn't Hillary Clinton, she'd have been nailed for it.

Or if she was Colin Powell.

Or Condoleezza Rice.

"But he did it too" is a poor defense for what happened.

Besides, those aren't apples to apples comparison's, but I'd be fine with going after them too.

Or Condoleezza Rice.

Besides, those aren't apples to apples comparison's, but I'd be fine with going after them too.

Most republicans aren't fine with it. Otherwisw they'd be going after them too.

Or Condoleezza Rice.

That wasn't a defense. You said if it wasn't Hillary Clinton, she'd have been nailed for it. But Colin Powell isn't Hillary Clinton, nor is Condi Rice. Neither have so much as been called to Capitol Hill about their use of private email.

I'm with you - I think Clinton knew what she was doing and it's shady as hell - possibly criminal. But she isn't going to be prosecuted for this like Joe Schmoe because politicians - like Clinton, like Powell, like Rice - are allowed to skate by on a different set of rules than you and me.