***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Gates..typical young guy...getting fiery and hot blooded over some stupid sh#t.. Needs to get mad at how bad their offensive has been playing.

Someone should piss the OL at the beginning of the next game so they can fight by pushing around the defense.

How does one "piss something"??? :B)

Urethra

Wasn't she the communications officer in Star Trek?

I'm more of a Star Wars fan

Gates..typical young guy...getting fiery and hot blooded over some stupid sh#t.. Needs to get mad at how bad their offensive has been playing.

Someone should piss the OL at the beginning of the next game so they can fight by pushing around the defense.

Urethra

:laughpound

Urethra

:cheers

Urethra

Consider we held Purdue to 200 fewer yards than Iowa did... this is a good defense. Iowa did a pretty decent job of bending/not breaking against Wisconsin. I think if the defense can just keep us close, we have a chance for a DPE return, a circus catch, etc, possibly giving us a shot at winning.

No one is going to expect us to win, many probably expect us to get blown out. Obviously I'd like to see us come away with the upset, but if we even keep it a hard fought loss, I'll be happy. 9-3 would be a great finish to the regular season, anything more would just be gravy.

Hats off to Purdue I guess. I think they outplayed us but NU is just a better team.

What does "outplayed" us mean?
They beat us in every way except for scoring in the second half; where we scored and they didn't. Obviously outplayed.

Again, what does outplayed mean? You used another phrase this time, "beat us," but you still haven't explained what it means.

Just because the opponent has been a terrible team all year, doesn't mean they outplayed us or "beat us" because they hung with us. So what is your definition of those things?

Nebraska had:

More yards

Less turnovers

More time of possession

How did Purdue outplay Nebraska, in your opinion?

I understand if you say something like they "out-emotionaled" Nebraska, or played up to Nebraska and we played down, or Nebraska should have blown them out. But they certainly didn't outplay us or beat us.

Sorry, it was sarcasm. We outscored them and won. We even used offense, no special teams, no defensive returns, and no trick plays.

Just lined up and outscored them.

Hats off to Purdue I guess. I think they outplayed us but NU is just a better team.

What does "outplayed" us mean?
They beat us in every way except for scoring in the second half; where we scored and they didn't. Obviously outplayed.

Again, what does outplayed mean? You used another phrase this time, "beat us," but you still haven't explained what it means.

Just because the opponent has been a terrible team all year, doesn't mean they outplayed us or "beat us" because they hung with us. So what is your definition of those things?

Nebraska had:

More yards

Less turnovers

More time of possession

How did Purdue outplay Nebraska, in your opinion?

I understand if you say something like they "out-emotionaled" Nebraska, or played up to Nebraska and we played down, or Nebraska should have blown them out. But they certainly didn't outplay us or beat us.

Sorry, it was sarcasm. We outscored them and won. We even used offense, no special teams, no defensive returns, and no trick plays.

Just lined up and outscored them.

I cant go against what my eyes are showing me as much as Id like to. I dont think NU has any shot of scoring over 20 on Wisconsin. I also think Wisconsin goes into the 4th 24 points ahead.

They are going to absolutely handle Newby and our line. Our offense sputters against Purdue, and will not find anything "easy" against the Badgers.

In a strange way I think we actually have a better shot at OSU.

Interesting opinion. I completely disagree in us having a better shot against OSU. Wisconsin does not have a good offense we should keep it close

Time for an expert analysis that is 100x better than Ed Cunningham's at least.

Coming out of this game, I can say I am less confident about next week than I was before. I am typically very confident about this team, but not so much right now. I'll go to the defense first. Purdue's offense is not trash, and it took two touchdowns for them to pick up on that. Overall, good defensive job. I knew we'd give up somewhere in the ballpark of two scores, so not too much to complain about there.

Bruce Read needs to be shown the door. I have not seen a single good special teams effort this whole year. No effort to block punts, no return coverage to block DPE, no effort to block field goals. I see no reason to keep him.

Run Newby up the middle, Run Newby up the middle, throw a long pass down the field. Sound familiar? That's the traditional 3 and out offense we were known for last year, and we went back to it this game. Purdue's run defense is easily one of the worst in the country, and they stuffed us. I get Devine is coming off an injury, and you want him for next week, but come on. He only saw the field once today, and he didn't even touch the ball. Newby has proven time and time again he can't run up the middle, I don't see why they trust him to change. Newby is good with outside runs and screen passes. If you must keep Newby in, do that. If I am not mistaken, there was only one run using a non-Newby RB. One of the few times they broke the pattern was in the second quarter when they went with three straight pass plays. Even if our run game wasn't going, we had a better chance running the ball than the three straight pass plays.

Enough of the 4th quarter nonsense. That's self-explanatory. We won, yay.

GBR

I cant go against what my eyes are showing me as much as Id like to. I dont think NU has any shot of scoring over 20 on Wisconsin. I also think Wisconsin goes into the 4th 24 points ahead.

They are going to absolutely handle Newby and our line. Our offense sputters against Purdue, and will not find anything "easy" against the Badgers.

In a strange way I think we actually have a better shot at OSU.

Interesting opinion. I completely disagree in us having a better shot against OSU. Wisconsin does not have a good offense we should keep it close

That not good offense almost beat OSU.

Consider we held Purdue to 200 fewer yards than Iowa did... this is a good defense. Iowa did a pretty decent job of bending/not breaking against Wisconsin. I think if the defense can just keep us close, we have a chance for a DPE return, a circus catch, etc, possibly giving us a shot at winning.

No one is going to expect us to win, many probably expect us to get blown out. Obviously I'd like to see us come away with the upset, but if we even keep it a hard fought loss, I'll be happy. 9-3 would be a great finish to the regular season, anything more would just be gravy.

how would that be a great finish???????

If you compare it to last year it'd be legendary. I'd love 11-1, but it likely won't happen.

Time for an expert analysis that is 100x better than Ed Cunningham's at least.

Coming out of this game, I can say I am less confident about next week than I was before. I am typically very confident about this team, but not so much right now. I'll go to the defense first. Purdue's offense is not trash, and it took two touchdowns for them to pick up on that. Overall, good defensive job. I knew we'd give up somewhere in the ballpark of two scores, so not too much to complain about there.

Bruce Read needs to be shown the door. I have not seen a single good special teams effort this whole year. No effort to block punts, no return coverage to block DPE, no effort to block field goals. I see no reason to keep him.

Run Newby up the middle, Run Newby up the middle, throw a long pass down the field. Sound familiar? That's the traditional 3 and out offense we were known for last year, and we went back to it this game. Purdue's run defense is easily one of the worst in the country, and they stuffed us. I get Devine is coming off an injury, and you want him for next week, but come on. He only saw the field once today, and he didn't even touch the ball. Newby has proven time and time again he can't run up the middle, I don't see why they trust him to change. Newby is good with outside runs and screen passes. If you must keep Newby in, do that. If I am not mistaken, there was only one run using a non-Newby RB. One of the few times they broke the pattern was in the second quarter when they went with three straight pass plays. Even if our run game wasn't going, we had a better chance running the ball than the three straight pass plays.

Enough of the 4th quarter nonsense. That's self-explanatory. We won, yay.

GBR

Nobody knows if those run plays for Newby were designed to go up the middle because the OL play was beyond pathetic today. He was always hit within a step after getting the ball so it didn't matter where the ball was designed to go because of the OL was getting beat like they were the Purdue's DL female dogs.

It's the same situation when people are complaining about the play calling when we would have easily had 11 more points if TA could hit a wide open WR for two easy TD's.

Our chances in the nest two weeks will be determined by the OL play and TA's accuracy/turnovers.

If you compare it to last year it'd be legendary. I'd love 11-1, but it likely won't happen.

At worst we should be the three unranked teams left on our schedule. Minny had to kick a FG with .06 seconds left to beat Rutgers @ Minny 34-32. Iowa is Iowa and Maryland isn't anything special and they come to Lincoln.