Blowouts

Magnus

Stop it. Just stop with the comparisons.

BO PELINI HASN'T COACHED A GAME FOR NEBRASKA FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS.

And guess what? He's not coming back. He will never come back. So stop with the comparisons. They are the furthest thing from productive and add NOTHING to the conversation.

Nebraska lost badly tonight. It was a must win game for both teams, it was in Columbus, and Ohio State had more talent, more depth, better coaching, and a better scheme. Nebraska always plays tight in these situations, and tonight was no different.

Of course, losing your team leader on a potential momentum building drive to a scary injury doesn't help matters.

But it was a bad game. They happen. They happen, to everyone. What's important is how the team responds, and they've shown us that they can handle a bit of adversity. So let's support them, and we can start by not constantly bringing up a coach who hasn't been here since November 2014.

• Fire 1

Tommy got hurt when team down 24-3. D made zero stops. Offense managed 3 points after getting inside 5 twice. 2 pick six hurt.

Tommy getting hurt was probably a 14

point swing. We were looking to score on that drive, then they take over on downs and score. That really put salt in the wound.

Did he ever play a team this loaded? Because he got smoke by a handful who were less talented.

played national runner up in 2008 and 2009.
2008, how'd that go? 2009, question still stands.

2008 not as bad as it went tonight.

2009 I think so. I think that texas team is better than this Ohio St team. TIme will tell, but I highly doubt they play for the title. I think they lose another regular season game.

2008: with basically the same 2009 defense, that looks good...

And you honestly think that 09 Texas team was as talented as this young tOSU team? Ha!

• Fire 1

Good God. I literally go to the damn school and nobody acts this erratic after a loss. We lost to a better team without our starting QB with walk-ons all over the field. This isn't 1995 anymore. Everybody plays on TV, everybody has strength coaches, everybody has facilities. Has the first half of this season not been the most fun in a long time? We got lit up by ohio state, who is in the national title hunt ever year and beat Alabama with a THIRD STRING QB two years ago. And we had a new coach last year with a new scheme in a completely foreign place with players recruited for a different purpose who goes 5-7 and then next year is 7-2 with a close loss at Wisconsin and a bad loss to OSU under the lights on their home field and people want him ostracized?

Why can't people just settle the hell down? If anybody watched that game and saw Tommy Armstrong not moving or speaking for a half hour and listened to Sam Ponder choke back tears on national TV, and then proceeded to criticize play calling five minutes later, you're a monster. It's a football game. We were a TOP TEN TEAM before tonight, and we still have a shot at conference championships and people literally cannot sleep because you think the coaching is that bad? We were unranked at the beginning of the year and took care of business and lost to two great teams.

I'd take Mike Riley over Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer any day of the week. And if that meant I go 10-2 or 9-3 every year while they win national championships, so be it. I'm a student here, I love it here, I care more about UNL than anything else in my life. And I;m proud of these players that fight like hell and seem like stand up guys (everyone I've met, anyway) who are proud to wear the N.

Who play for a coach who knows what this is, a football game. Who guides his players through the death of a teammate and best friend. Who brings a sexual assault victim who HE PREVIOUSLY MISTREATED with regard to her case, admitted his wrongdoing, and tried to show his team the mistakes that were made to educate them. Who speaks in awe at press conferences over what he's experiencing for the first time at Nebraska with their incredible fans and who does whatever he can to honor their tradition. Who is looked up to by other coaches and who shows students like me how we should act.

If you want to go back to being 9-3 with a coach who mocks halftime reporters, berates refs, and dares his bosses to fire him, good for you. But Riley is a representative of kids like me who walk through campus proud to be here and who love Nebraska and embrace it, rather than donning some us vs. them mentality. A blowout at #6 Ohio State and too many missed tackles doesn't change that.

• Fire 3

Texas in '09 was definitely better than this tOSU team. Most definitely. If McCoy doesn't go down in NC, they probably beat Alabama and derail or at least delay that dynasty.

Better than OSU right now, maybe. Talented no way. You're talking about a buckeye team who has, I think, one senior starter on offense and none on defense. Texas had a senior QB/WR combo, 3 seniors on their O line and 3 Juniors, and a few senior startes on defense. OSU has a true frosh and a sophomore on their O line. This OSU team is going to be pretty fricken good when they find their groove, if they didn't just do it.

Your rant is super misplaced.

And it doesn't sound like any college kid I know. "Riley represents me." That's a sweet sentiment, but it's not believable.

Seems more like a AD post.

Oh, I meant I love going to Nebraska. Seeing a guy enjoy experiencing UNL for the first time who seems like a decent guy is exciting to me, it shows everyone who isn't here all the time how special this place is.

But you're right, I'm definitely an AD?? I guess?

Good God. I literally go to the damn school and nobody acts this erratic after a loss. We lost to a better team without our starting QB with walk-ons all over the field. This isn't 1995 anymore. Everybody plays on TV, everybody has strength coaches, everybody has facilities. Has the first half of this season not been the most fun in a long time? We got lit up by ohio state, who is in the national title hunt ever year and beat Alabama with a THIRD STRING QB two years ago. And we had a new coach last year with a new scheme in a completely foreign place with players recruited for a different purpose who goes 5-7 and then next year is 7-2 with a close loss at Wisconsin and a bad loss to OSU under the lights on their home field and people want him ostracized?

Why can't people just settle the hell down? If anybody watched that game and saw Tommy Armstrong not moving or speaking for a half hour and listened to Sam Ponder choke back tears on national TV, and then proceeded to criticize play calling five minutes later, you're a monster. It's a football game. We were a TOP TEN TEAM before tonight, and we still have a shot at conference championships and people literally cannot sleep because you think the coaching is that bad? We were unranked at the beginning of the year and took care of business and lost to two great teams.

I'd take Mike Riley over Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer any day of the week. And if that meant I go 10-2 or 9-3 every year while they win national championships, so be it. I'm a student here, I love it here, I care more about UNL than anything else in my life. And I;m proud of these players that fight like hell and seem like stand up guys (everyone I've met, anyway) who are proud to wear the N.

Who play for a coach who knows what this is, a football game. Who guides his players through the death of a teammate and best friend. Who brings a sexual assault victim who HE PREVIOUSLY MISTREATED with regard to her case, admitted his wrongdoing, and tried to show his team the mistakes that were made to educate them. Who speaks in awe at press conferences over what he's experiencing for the first time at Nebraska with their incredible fans and who does whatever he can to honor their tradition. Who is looked up to by other coaches and who shows students like me how we should act.

If you want to go back to being 9-3 with a coach who mocks halftime reporters, berates refs, and dares his bosses to fire him, good for you. But Riley is a representative of kids like me who walk through campus proud to be here and who love Nebraska and embrace it, rather than donning some us vs. them mentality. A blowout at #6 Ohio State and too many missed tackles doesn't change that.

agree to disagree.

and I am supposed to believe you are a current student when your name is "huskerinLA"?

Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Well I grew up in Los Angeles, I created the name when I was a senior in high school and started visiting the site. My parents are alumni and I came here for school, all my family is here, but I didn't actually write that post to convince you I was a student haha I really don't care