Something we can all agree on

This may have changed American politics forever. I said yesterday that the way I see it is the obsession over Trump wasnt as much about the man in particular, but rather the idea. The concept of the outsider flying in to save the little people from the mean nasty politicians. At least that's what it is too me. So it's not surprising to me, that despite all his faults and trips, that this first time non-career- politician goes out, demands some real flips at the booths and wins in a very very unexpected upset. It probably couldve been anyone from the non political side. Just happened to be Trump,

The Trump supporters were non-wavering in their support for him because they were supporting the idea of something new and a change from the status quo. That's how he was able to get the Republican nomination, and the party never wavered from their support for him. He could have said anything he wanted to during the campaign, and those supporters weren't going to change.

Where Trump picked up the deciding votes was the people who had voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. They decided to go against Clinton (and therefore go for Trump).

Speaking with many Trump voters, it had about as much to do with not Hillary than anything Trump stood for - which we still don't exactly know.

Perfect storm.

buzzsaw effect.

This may have changed American politics forever. I said yesterday that the way I see it is the obsession over Trump wasnt as much about the man in particular, but rather the idea. The concept of the outsider flying in to save the little people from the mean nasty politicians. At least that's what it is too me. So it's not surprising to me, that despite all his faults and trips, that this first time non-career- politician goes out, demands some real flips at the booths and wins in a very very unexpected upset. It probably couldve been anyone from the non political side. Just happened to be Trump,

The Trump supporters were non-wavering in their support for him because they were supporting the idea of something new and a change from the status quo. That's how he was able to get the Republican nomination, and the party never wavered from their support for him. He could have said anything he wanted to during the campaign, and those supporters weren't going to change.

Where Trump picked up the deciding votes was the people who had voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. They decided to go against Clinton (and therefore go for Trump).

i think

that may be

exactly what I said. :P

I know, I was agreeing with you.

Of course you were.

Listening to a radio show this morning and they made a good comment on how HRC got bit in the ass twice by the same mantra of "change". Obama used the mantra of hope and change to defeat her for the Democratic nomination in 2008, and now Trump also used a mantra of change from the current political machine to defeat HRC.

Listening to a radio show this morning and they made a good comment on how HRC got bit in the ass twice by the same mantra of "change". Obama used the mantra of hope and change to defeat her for the Democratic nomination in 2008, and now Trump also used a mantra of change from the current political machine to defeat HRC.

That may be more coincidence than anything. I think there is a lot of Hillary Fatigue. As in, "You again?!?!" She was a big part of Bill's terms. She then becomes Senator of New York, then Sec of State. 20+ years in the public eye, when the reality is only New York voted her into any of those positions. She was never universally popular and for a lot of people seeing her over and over and over was like putting salt on a paper cut.

I just never looked at her and thought, "That's the person I want to be president." Every time I saw her it was just... meh. I think that's a pretty common sentiment among non-partisan voters. Hardliners want her locked up. The rest of us just didn't want her. At all.

That may be more coincidence than anything. I think there is a lot of Hillary Fatigue. As in, "You again?!?!" She was a big part of Bill's terms. She then becomes Senator of New York, then Sec of State. 20+ years in the public eye, when the reality is only New York voted her into any of those positions. She was never universally popular and for a lot of people seeing her over and over and over was like putting salt on a paper cut.

I just never looked at her and thought, "That's the person I want to be president." Every time I saw her it was just... meh. I think that's a pretty common sentiment among non-partisan voters. Hardliners want her locked up. The rest of us just didn't want her. At all.

Knapp. Do you think a Bernie Sanders ticket boat races this thing just because of what you just said? I just do. I asked this somewhere in one of these threads and havent seen an answer yet.

I agree that there is a lot of Hillary fatigue, and it probably is just a mere coincidence. It's just ironic that the HRC presidential train was derailed two times in a row with very similar messages, by two different party candidates.

Knapp. Do you think a Bernie Sanders ticket boat races this thing just because of what you just said? I just do. I asked this somewhere in one of these threads and havent seen an answer yet.

I think that any other Democrat candidate would have beaten Trump.

I don't know if Bernie would have won. It would be somewhat poetic justice, but extremely sh**ty for the country, if the Democrats conspired to make Hillary the nominee and lost the House, Senate & White House because of it.

Bernie appealed to the group wanting change. He did not have broad-spectrum appeal in the primaries.

Amen!!!

Amen! Amen! Amen! Thank God for small favors and the all too rare HUGE favor!

P.S. Stock market is actually up about 170 points right now - so much for the sky falling, although the market is grossly overvalued and needs to 'correct' down to be in line with the current dismal state of the economy. Time to get things fired up and Make America Great Again!

And Saturday it will be time to Make The Huskers Great Again! Go Big Red!

• Fire 1

I don't know if Bernie would have won. It would be somewhat poetic justice, but extremely sh**ty for the country, if the Democrats conspired to make Hillary the nominee and lost the House, Senate & White House because of it.

Bernie appealed to the group wanting change. He did not have broad-spectrum appeal in the primaries.

I dont think bernie had nearly the baggage. I really though the sexual sh#t would bury Trump. Shocked it didnt. You recall it made me waiver quite a bit. I was rather bearish on him for a bit there. Still kinda am. He's got a lot of work to do to prove me right. That's why I was very pleased with his speech last night. The wording. The demeanor. it was as step in the right direction. I was nervous he was gonna come out and immediately make me regret this. Now it's put on hold and we'll wait for the substance behind the talk.

But back to sanders. When the sexual sh#t came out. with a Sanders ticket, that's where my vote probably woulda went.

I'm not sure it's totally the end of the Bushes. George P. Bush (Jeb's son) is a Texas Land Commissioner, which, I believe, is a pretty powerful position in Texas. It not hard to conceive of the idea that he uses that position to run for Governor; and from there, all bets are off. It does't hurt that He's Hispanic, Jeb's wife is from Columbia, I believe.

I'm not sure it's totally the end of the Bushes. George P. Bush (Jeb's son) is a Texas Land Commissioner, which, I believe, is a pretty powerful position in Texas. It not hard to conceive of the idea that he uses that position to run for Governor; and from there, all bets are off. It does't hurt that He's Hispanic, Jeb's wife is from Columbia, I believe.

This. It's a nice thought, but wishful thinking Knapplc.

This. It's a nice thought, but wishful thinking Knapplc.

The Bushes won't run against Trump unless he's an unmitigated disaster, so that puts any run off until 2024. By then they really won't be the same Bush clan as 1992 & 2000/2004.