Something we can all agree on

Listening to a radio show this morning and they made a good comment on how HRC got bit in the ass twice by the same mantra of "change". Obama used the mantra of hope and change to defeat her for the Democratic nomination in 2008, and now Trump also used a mantra of change from the current political machine to defeat HRC.

That may be more coincidence than anything. I think there is a lot of Hillary Fatigue. As in, "You again?!?!" She was a big part of Bill's terms. She then becomes Senator of New York, then Sec of State. 20+ years in the public eye, when the reality is only New York voted her into any of those positions. She was never universally popular and for a lot of people seeing her over and over and over was like putting salt on a paper cut.

I just never looked at her and thought, "That's the person I want to be president." Every time I saw her it was just... meh. I think that's a pretty common sentiment among non-partisan voters. Hardliners want her locked up. The rest of us just didn't want her. At all.

I agree that there is a lot of Hillary fatigue, and it probably is just a mere coincidence. It's just ironic that the HRC presidential train was derailed two times in a row with very similar messages, by two different party candidates.

I disagree. I think the country really wants change. Obama and Trump both ran on a message of change.

For the better good of America, I want them to just slither off into the sunset and not be involved anymore.

However, if Trump now comes out and doesn't do anything or pardon's her after being indicted, how in the world are his followers going to handle that. Last night at his victory rally, they were still chanting "lock her up".

Now, if he comes out all nicey nice to her......it would get really interesting.

I actually wonder if Obama will pardon both Clitons. They are still under investigation for the Clinton Foundation

Listening to a radio show this morning and they made a good comment on how HRC got bit in the ass twice by the same mantra of "change". Obama used the mantra of hope and change to defeat her for the Democratic nomination in 2008, and now Trump also used a mantra of change from the current political machine to defeat HRC.

That may be more coincidence than anything. I think there is a lot of Hillary Fatigue. As in, "You again?!?!" She was a big part of Bill's terms. She then becomes Senator of New York, then Sec of State. 20+ years in the public eye, when the reality is only New York voted her into any of those positions. She was never universally popular and for a lot of people seeing her over and over and over was like putting salt on a paper cut.

I just never looked at her and thought, "That's the person I want to be president." Every time I saw her it was just... meh. I think that's a pretty common sentiment among non-partisan voters. Hardliners want her locked up. The rest of us just didn't want her. At all.

I agree that there is a lot of Hillary fatigue, and it probably is just a mere coincidence. It's just ironic that the HRC presidential train was derailed two times in a row with very similar messages, by two different party candidates.
I disagree. I think the country really wants change. Obama and Trump both ran on a message of change.

The funny thing is that if Obama had actually delivered on the change he promised, Trump would not have one. And Obamas biggest "achievement"...Obamacare, was one of the major reasons the Dems lost this election.

The funny thing is that if Obama had actually delivered on the change he promised, Trump would not have one. And Obamas biggest "achievement"...Obamacare, was one of the major reasons the Dems lost this election.

Agreed

With apologies to the couple of people I know actually supported Hillary Clinton for her own sake in this election, can the rest of us come together and celebrate the fact that this, finally, is the end of the Clinton/Bush era?

We will never have to deal with candidate Hillary Clinton again.

We will never have to deal with a Bush running for the White House again.

No more Bill Clinton schmoozing and smarming around the country. No more Bush relatives bumbling around debate stages.

But most importantly, no more Hillary, carpet bags & all, involved in American politics.

Whether you're happy or sad that Trump won, at least we can all agree that no more Clintons in the White House is a good thing.

:cheers:cowbell::thumbs:wub::worship:horns:clap:yeah Knapp, 1000% agree. I mentioned on another post that the Clinton/Bush dynasty as a strange bedfellows arrangement that it is, can finally be put to bed for good. I hope the whole neo-con wing of the Repub party can be be put to bed with them.

I think that for Trump to heal the nation as he promised in his speech last night, that he could pardon the Clintons under certain conditions - one being the closing down of the Clinton Foundation or moving the foundation's assets and charter to a respected charity.

Part of me wants Trump to go after the Clinton's fully and expose their dirty linen, but for the greater good and for making the country less partisan, this would be a move of grace (outside of his public persona) that would send conciliatory messages to the other side.

I don't think Obama can pardon the Clinton's for anything as they have not been indicted on anything and that would be seen as a truly partisan move. But if Trump were to do so, especially after this election, it would send a big message.

Let the Clintons go out to pasture never to be seen or heard form again.

i

Been travelling all day so I'm late to this thread - I'm not sure why you think he would have the opportunity to "pardon" them? There have been no indictments or crimes. If he decides to open up further investigation into their charity (which has excellent ratings btw) he wil open up a bigger can of worms on his own "charity" which admittedly was not run as it was outlined to donors and recipients. How many times do the FBI and others have to say that there has been no crime, investigations are over etc?

I can appreciate your desire to not have to choose between a candidate and a Clinton in the future, its obvious that she isn't well liked. Thats fine. I guess I'm still struggling with all the dialogue about running them into a prison somewhere - seems overly dramatic Nd just silly at this point.

With apologies to the couple of people I know actually supported Hillary Clinton for her own sake in this election, can the rest of us come together and celebrate the fact that this, finally, is the end of the Clinton/Bush era?

We will never have to deal with candidate Hillary Clinton again.

We will never have to deal with a Bush running for the White House again.

No more Bill Clinton schmoozing and smarming around the country. No more Bush relatives bumbling around debate stages.

But most importantly, no more Hillary, carpet bags & all, involved in American politics.

Whether you're happy or sad that Trump won, at least we can all agree that no more Clintons in the White House is a good thing.

:cheers:cowbell::thumbs:wub::worship:horns:clap:yeah Knapp, 1000% agree. I mentioned on another post that the Clinton/Bush dynasty as a strange bedfellows arrangement that it is, can finally be put to bed for good. I hope the whole neo-con wing of the Repub party can be be put to bed with them.

I think that for Trump to heal the nation as he promised in his speech last night, that he could pardon the Clintons under certain conditions - one being the closing down of the Clinton Foundation or moving the foundation's assets and charter to a respected charity.

Part of me wants Trump to go after the Clinton's fully and expose their dirty linen, but for the greater good and for making the country less partisan, this would be a move of grace (outside of his public persona) that would send conciliatory messages to the other side.

I don't think Obama can pardon the Clinton's for anything as they have not been indicted on anything and that would be seen as a truly partisan move. But if Trump were to do so, especially after this election, it would send a big message.

Let the Clintons go out to pasture never to be seen or heard form again.

i

Been travelling all day so I'm late to this thread - I'm not sure why you think he would have the opportunity to "pardon" them? There have been no indictments or crimes. If he decides to open up further investigation into their charity (which has excellent ratings btw) he wil open up a bigger can of worms on his own "charity" which admittedly was not run as it was outlined to donors and recipients. How many times do the FBI and others have to say that there has been no crime, investigations are over etc?

I can appreciate your desire to not have to choose between a candidate and a Clinton in the future, its obvious that she isn't well liked. Thats fine. I guess I'm still struggling with all the dialogue about running them into a prison somewhere - seems overly dramatic Nd just silly at this point.

We'll see. One hilarious consequence of all this that occurred to me today is that Trump is about to slide into the most scrutinized position in the world. I guarantee you he hasn't digested that yet-- no one fully could until they take that oath. But if he thought the election process was rough in terms of scrutiny... oooh boy. I'm very curious to see how he'll hold up under that spotlight.

When you've basked in chants of "Lock her up" your entire campaign, it's going to be very upsetting to your endearing fans if you can't make that happen. Trump is going to have to have a reckoning with the fact he threatened to put someone in jail when our federal DOJ said she did nothing legally wrong and they were not going to pursue charges.

We'll have to wait and see whether he goes, as Zoogs so aptly put it, full banana republic(an) :lol: on her to make good on his wish. If he starts abusing federal authority to target his rivals, I'm damn sure going to cry foul, as should everyone. He's a very vindictive person, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I hope people do scrutinize Trump. People like Fahrenthold tried; it wasn't important to enough people. I hope we find out what skeletons he's hiding in his closet and air them out. Such scrutiny should be the crucible that forges or destroys (looking at you, Nixon) any president.

That's one of the things I really appreciated about Obama. People can disagree with the man's ideas all they want. He is of the utmost moral character and truly ran a squeaky clean administration.

• Fire 2