Supreme Court

I wouldn't put it past Trump to nominate Garland if Ginsburg retires and the Republicans piss him off.

Garland would be more acceptable than a Ginsburg clone to most repubs. If Hillary had been elected, I think McConnel would have jumped at the opportunity to find time to seat Garland as #9 SC justice before Hillary took office.

I think they're playing us. Zero chance that "leak" wasn't intentional to make this a more palatable choice for liberals.

That was honestly my initial reaction. However, that would really be out of character for Trump's regime. Gorsuch's comments are also consistent with his views on the function of the judiciary vs executive branches.

It may calculated move by Gorsuch himself to stave off some of the damage Trump is doing to his confirmation. Gorsuch seems savvy enough to do something like that. It's a small mercy if he does see Trump for troll he is, tho... We'll find out if it's snow job within a couple months

• Fire 1

I think they're playing us. Zero chance that "leak" wasn't intentional to make this a more palatable choice for liberals.

Naaa....

Let's say you are sitting in the Oval Office and you want this to "leak" out to make it more palatable.

Then, after the leak, wouldn't you come out and say something like....."I support his freedom to have opposing views to me."? Instead, the President is doubling down on that his comments were misrepresented.

Doesn't add up to me.

BRB you're acting like the guy sitting in the Oval is a regular guy with rational thoughts and ability to be humble and think before he speaks. When has Trump said anything like that? "I support his freedom to have opposing views". HA! Did I miss your sarcasm emoji?

Pardon me....I had a moment of dreaming of being in a different reality.

I'll try to do better next time.

• Fire 2
  • 3 weeks later...