Help me out, why are fans getting on position coaches?

CornHunka

It's funny everybody wants to criticise our online but know body has an answer for Wisconsins success.

their o line isnt all that great this year IMO. In fact it may be the main reason their offense is the exact opposite of frightening. They have one of the best defenses in the country, that is why they have been slightly more successful than we have

It's funny everybody wants to criticise our online but know body has an answer for Wisconsins success.

their o line isnt all that great this year IMO. In fact it may be the main reason their offense is the exact opposite of frightening. They have one of the best defenses in the country, that is why they have been slightly more successful than we have

Their performance this year is truly admirable. They're jus, just a little deeper. Paul Chryst should be the Big10 coach of the year, if not the the country.

I haven't seen anything other than FoFiddy and that one is just so blatantly obvious as every game it is an issue. He has to just go into an admin role or something. We need a young hungry coach and a great recruiter to fill the special teams role and we could do it for half the price. Special teams can really be an equalizer when you are in those games trying to knock off teams that have deeper talent. I would argue our great kicking and punting game has helped us win games in the Pelini years. Having too many guys/not enough guys on the field on ST has been atrocious and I think our punt return game is the worst in the country.

Pretty much everyone has been earning their keep sans Bruce Read. Cav's offensive line has been fine considering it's context - the run game has had moments of struggle, but it's lacking an elite back and healthy starters, and we're still tied for 5th in the country in sacks allowed through 11 games.

But to answer your question, because fans don't know jack about coaching football, but fans are convinced that they know quite a bit about coaching football.

I think our next elite back is going to be Tre Bryant.

Possibly - I've lost the thread on Ozig (iirc, he's nursing an ankle?) and not sure what happen with Wilbon (off field issues?). I think any of those three has solid potential.

Personally, I always liked Wilbon's running style, but I'm not sure he fits what the staff is looking for from a back. I could see him transferring, though with the lack of RB recruiting this year, that would hurt.

do you actually watch any of the games? wilbon has been on the field often since ozigbo got hurt.

Pretty much everyone has been earning their keep sans Bruce Read. Cav's offensive line has been fine considering it's context - the run game has had moments of struggle, but it's lacking an elite back and healthy starters, and we're still tied for 5th in the country in sacks allowed through 11 games.

But to answer your question, because fans don't know jack about coaching football, but fans are convinced that they know quite a bit about coaching football.

I think our next elite back is going to be Tre Bryant.

Possibly - I've lost the thread on Ozig (iirc, he's nursing an ankle?) and not sure what happen with Wilbon (off field issues?). I think any of those three has solid potential.

Personally, I always liked Wilbon's running style, but I'm not sure he fits what the staff is looking for from a back. I could see him transferring, though with the lack of RB recruiting this year, that would hurt.

do you actually watch any of the games? wilbon has been on the field often since ozigbo got hurt.

He's had like 14 total carries this season. And hasn't played in more than a third of the games this year.

So yeah, I watch the games. Do you?

Their performance this year is truly admirable. They're jus, just a little deeper. Paul Chryst should be the Big10 coach of the year, if not the the country.

Wisconsin really isn't very far behind Nebraska in overall talent. They are likely better than us in some position groups.

When you look at 247's roster talent composite rankings (adjusted for attrition), Nebraska is at #25, with PSU and MSU just a few spots ahead, and Wisconsin several spots behind.

However, when you graph the actual score, our number is closer to Wisconsin. Why? Because at #23 there is a break point where the numbers start increasing more rapidly. A "steeper hill to climb" with recruiting, so to speak.

What does that mean for Nebraska? IMO if we ever have another couple of "lazy" recruiting cycles (like Bo's last two), falling behind will be very easy.

• Fire 1