So frustrating when

Roll Skers

This year's 9-3 is somewhat hollow - no wins against any teams considered even within the top 40. That's tough. We beat every team we were supposed to, except for Iowa (depending on your perspective - they were favored, and Sagarin had them ranked higher than us), and lost to the teams that were supposed to beat us.

However, Riley is owed every ability to be given time and space to see how far he can climb up the mountain. Do people not understand that Bo was given seven years of this to improve? The point was already made, but it's true - it's not just the fact that we achieved that benchmark under Bo. We gave him yearsssss to be able to do any better and he couldn't. We can at least give Riley one or two of those years to have the same opportunity.

If he doesn't get there, so be it. Enjoy the ride, appreciate and respect the commitment of our coaches and these players regardless of their W-L record, and hope for something better in the future. If he does, awesome! We're all proven wrong in the best way.

Well said. +1

• Fire 1

i am starting to hate Nebraska fans. 9-3 is yuck? maybe Bo was right when he said f#*k those fans. nothing is good enough for you guys.

Ok here's my issue with this statement: it's not the record it's the getting blown out by teams with similar talent. We have the money and facilities to compete with anyone in the country yet we're not. We as fans (you) are getting complacent. First step to becoming an iowa type program. You should be ashamed of yourself as a Nebraska football fan honestly.

Why should he be "ashamed of himself?" Nobody is going to fix what was/is ailing this program in two years as it isn't like he walked into a team that was loaded with depth and talent. Like Landlord said, Riley deserves the same amount of time that Bo was given to prove his worth.

• Fire 1

I love Tommies heart and passion but dadgumit I can't wait to get a qb that can make more than one read on a pass play.

To many yolo bombs from Tommy today. Even the announcers commented on it several times. Once, Westercatch was standing there wide open and Tommy went for the home run.
i mean at some point it is on the coaching staff

Not really if TA isn't listening to what he is being told. I guarantee you that they are not telling him to throw it deep every time he does. He's coached just like every other QB, take what is open/what the defense is giving you. That doesn't mean throw it deep every chance you get when you have wide open guys on the short routes. If that is what they were teaching him, they wouldn't have made it this far in their coaching career as that is a quick way to the unemployment line.

• Fire 2

It has nothing to do with conference change. Big 10 is a better place competition wise.

With Riley vs. Bo... you sacrifice some of X and make it up with some of Y. This season, it was a toss...but you take the one with higher floor of potential, which is Riley. The one thing both of them seem below average at is OL play, which is where our problem exists Imo. And that may boil down to personnel, I don't know.

I'm with Nebhawk. People, everyone.... We need to go home, Our true conference is and has always been the Big Eight (currently now known as the Big 12). This Big Ten experiment is a flop. And it's not a reflection on the amazing Nebraska football tradition.

I've been saying this time and time again. We need to return to the Big Eight (which is now consolidated with the Southwestern Conference) which happens to co-exist with the Big 12 now. We must return home.

Besides, the Big Ten is not a good league anyway. Scripture says "do not cast your pearls before swine." The Big Ten is historically known for being a slow and not always very good conference. We have nothing to lose by exiting and returning home. I watched Iowa blow us off the line both on offense and on defense yesterday afternoon. Let's return home to the Big 12 (Big Eight).

We have played Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and the two Oklahoma teams over the last 100 years. Those teams created that home environment we used to know. I had access to satellite TV, so I was able to watch all of the great moments --- and look at how talented Missouri is right now in the SEC! They are a threat in the SEC right now, even though the league enjoys solid football talent. So the Big Eight is legit ball --- which makes the Big 12 some good football too!!!

We can make this move and then regroup. I love Nebraska. I just want to see our school get the love and respect it deserves nationally and regionally.

I'm with Nebhawk. People, everyone.... We need to go home, Our true conference is and has always been the Big Eight. This Big Ten experiment is a flop. And it's not a reflection on the amazing Nebraska football tradition.

I've been saying this time and time again. We need to return to the Big Eight (which is now consolidated with the Southwestern Conference) which happens to co-exist with the Big 12 now. We must return home.

Besides, the Big Ten is not a good a league anyway. Scripture says "do not cast your pearls before swine." The Big Ten is historically known for being a slow and not always very good conference. We have nothing to lose by exiting and returning home. I watched Iowa blow us off the line both on offense and on defense yesterday afternoon. Let's return home to the Big 12 (Big Eight).

We have played Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and the two Oklahoma teams over the last 100 years. Those teams created that home environment we used to know. I had access to satellite TV, so I was able to watch all of the great moments --- and look at how talented Missouri is right now in the SEC! They are a threat in the SEC right now, even though the league enjoys solid football talent. So the Big Eight is legit ball --- which makes the Big 12 some good football too!!!

We can make this move and then regroup. I love Nebraska. I just want to see our school get the love and respect it deserves nationally and regionally.

News flash.....the big 8 doesn't exist anymore.

Just because Nebraska gave Bo too much time, doesn't mean everyone else should get an automatic seven years. Riley was hired to get over the hump, and not get blown out.

Two years in, we're back to where we were.

Who said that he got too much time? IMO a coach should have a minimum of six years to recruit and make it his program. (Of course that is without any ethical violations) IMO people need to calm down and realize that fixing a program isn't something that can be fixed overnight. The "getting blown out" problem has been here since 2002 in Frank's 5th year as HC. Riley isn't going to be able to fix that issue with one recruiting class. It takes time people.

i am starting to hate Nebraska fans. 9-3 is yuck? maybe Bo was right when he said f#*k those fans. nothing is good enough for you guys.

Ok here's my issue with this statement: it's not the record it's the getting blown out by teams with similar talent. We have the money and facilities to compete with anyone in the country yet we're not. We as fans (you) are getting complacent. First step to becoming an iowa type program. You should be ashamed of yourself as a Nebraska football fan honestly.

i should be ashamed that i am not an entitled female dog kind of fan. got it. what is the correct protocol for today? jump off a building or meet somewhere with tar and feathers to fire another 9-3 coach?

Dude...it is punting...He has two punts this year under 6 yards.

So - what is your point? He has a ton of poor punts and leads the nation as the worst one! That is my point. No excuse. We should have a second string punter that is NOT the nation's worst(er) punter. We are NEBRASKA - Lincoln campus (not Kearney or Curtis). This is a coaching issue - Lightborne is not doing well after 12 games. Replace him! That is my point.

Just because Nebraska gave Bo too much time, doesn't mean everyone else should get an automatic seven years. Riley was hired to get over the hump, and not get blown out.

Who said that he got too much time? IMO a coach should have a minimum of six years to recruit and make it his program. (Of course that is without any ethical violations) IMO people need to calm down and realize that fixing a program isn't something that can be fixed overnight.
There's been plenty on here. The grumbling started in 2010, and took off in 2011.

It doesn't take six years to build a program. Hail varsity did a piece over the summer in their magazine on top coaches. Over the past decade or so, and every one of them had their program in the mix for at least a league title in year 2, and by year 3, they had their program rolling.

• Fire 1

Who said that he got too much time? IMO a coach should have a minimum of six years to recruit and make it his program. (Of course that is without any ethical violations) IMO people need to calm down and realize that fixing a program isn't something that can be fixed overnight.

I can understand that but let me ask...after six years how do you judge if the person is doing a good job or not?

Like, for instance, if this had been the end of year 6...what would your thoughts be?

Can one of you numbers guys or gals please tell me exactly how many 'players' we have on the team as of last night's game? I am using the number 140 (althouogh I believe it is higher?) and maybe also tell me how many of these 'players' are really only 'uniform wearing mannequins'? We have a bowl game up next and then it will be once again time to start over in the 'rebuilding' process for next year. We are graduating 30 seniors and a bunch of them seemed to be on the field for a bunch of the time in the last few games, presumably because they are the best we've got. I hope that is what it means and not that we play seniors because they are seniors and as such have 'earned it' and it is their turn to play. You earn your spot because you are the best not because of time served.

Since they were not getting anything done in this game, the gap from the starters to the second string must be huge as we seemed to have no better luck with any subs if we had any.

I am looking for some kind of assurance that the almost empty talent cupboard is not now empty. This is my fear. Will we go O for 12? We will be the most inexperienced Nebraska team in a decade I bet.