The Great Liberal Freakout of 2016

It's definitely not ages 36-42, BRB. Those are young Generation X. When people talk about millenials they always mean people who grew up with fancy new 90s/00s technology.

The earliest year I've ever seen for millenial birtb dates is 1978 and that's rare. I'm an ancient millenial and I was botn after '78. I had the internet when I was 12. Didn't have a cell phone until I was 18.

It's not 70. Did you mean 90?

The earliest year I've ever seen for millenial is 1978 and that's rare. Usually it's 1982. Before that is Gen X.

By that definition that comes up when you google Millennial, it would be 1970 - 1980. Those people would have been 20-30 in 2000.

Here is another web site that has it a little different.

I was born in 1967 and according to this, I'm right on the break between the tail end of baby boomers and beginning of Gen X.

It's not 70. Did you mean 90?

The earliest year I've ever seen for millenial is 1978 and that's rare. Usually it's 1982. Before that is Gen X.

By that definition that comes up when you google Millennial, it would be 1970 - 1980. Those people would have been 20-30 in 2000.

Here is another web site that has it a little different.

I was born in 1967 and according to this, I'm right on the break between the tail end of baby boomers and beginning of Gen X.

That site is giving 1980-1995, so definitely not 36-42 year olds. On top of that... the name for the generation is based on the year 2000. So cutting it off at 1995 is nonsensical.

Also, I'll go with wikipedia or the Google definition. Or I'll assume Google is using the book definition of young adult and means 14-18 year olds.

Alright. I cant find it, and since Cornstar dont wanna stand up and either A)admit a wrong, or B) tell what it actually is. I cant find now where i read it but it was pretty cut and dried on what a millenial was and made sense. That it was anyone that is young enough that the first time they were old enough to vote in a presidential election was 2000 or later. I dont know if this is right, but the way i see it since it's pretty definitive and made sense, i took as gospel.

now here's the deal. Millenial i think is generalized as a young punk, white collar, entitled liberal that doesnt know how to work. The thing that pisses me off about this generalization is that i am technically a millenial. by the definition above. And i couldnt be more polar opposite. And am as conservative as they get. I like steak. I burn diesel. My hands are always dirty. And I am pro-life.

So i guess i dont know what the hell is going on anymore.

Alright. I cant find it, and since Cornstar dont wanna stand up and either A)admit a wrong, or B) tell what it actually is. I cant find now where i read it but it was pretty cut and dried on what a millenial was and made sense. That it was anyone that is young enough that the first time they were old enough to vote in a presidential election was 2000 or later. I dont know if this is right, but the way i see it since it's pretty definitive and made sense, i took as gospel.

now here's the deal. Millenial i think is generalized as a young punk, white collar, entitled liberal that doesnt know how to work. The thing that pisses me off about this generalization is that i am technically a millenial. by the definition above. And i couldnt be more polar opposite. And am as conservative as they get. I like steak. I burn diesel. My hands are always dirty. And I am pro-life.

So i guess i dont know what the hell is going on anymore.

Your definition falls in line with the graphic I just posted.

Personally, I think you are falling into the problem that many times happens where one generation always thinks the ones that come behind them are lazy, snotty, disrespectful...bla bla bla.

You could say that about every single generation going back till probably before North America was a continent. Every generation has new technologies or attitudes about life that make the older generations say..."Blaaa...that's stupid". This is a HUGE over generalization and one individual can be pigeon holed into something like that.

• Fire 1

so basically the term millennial is being used as a generlization of a particular demographic of ppl, like "yuppie" was, rather than a particular age group. This probably happened because "milennial" doesnt really have any real cut and dried definition. we see how many just in this very thread.

I will say this though. Managing different age groups (generations) in the work place is interesting and can be frustrating at the same time. Personally, I think it has more to do with the particular age/maturity someone is and the stage in life they are than anything.

For instance, as a HUGE generalization, our worst group to hire is white males under 30. I don't understand it. It's like their minds are blown to bits and they can't think for themselves.

However, this has been the case for WAY longer than since 2000. Heck, I was this age back in the 1990s and I was this way. I think it's just simply that that age of male humanoid without a developed frontal lobe is not equipped to be responsible, take care of themselves or much else. But....get them through that??? They are just as great as everyone else. Or...in cases like me...totally awesome!

Greatest Generation meet the Millenials how we have changed over the years.

Actually I know a lot of millenials who are opposite the stereotype. My youngest son & his friends for example are very much like how Count describes himself. My oldest son is barely a Gen xer.