Eichorst Statement About Football Program

Mavric

Recruiting rankings mean squat outside of the top 300 guys. Look at what kstate did to Tamu yesterday. Those two teams aren't in the same stratosphere based on recruiting rankings. That's just good coaching and discipline.

that's Bill Snyder, the old master at work, creating the right match ups..........it's all about coaching and scheme.

The beginning of the end for Eichorst-Riley.

i would say we are so far ahead of ourselves that it's really the begining of the end for the people who replace Eichorst and Riley

I'm just hopping beyond hope that we are starting our search for our next coach NOW...

Rather than waiting until it's too late... again.

yeah...let's get a head start on finding the next coach to fire

Q: You're more visible now around the football program. You're on the sideline. You're at practice. That wasn't necessarily the case when Pelini was the head coach. Why the change in your approach?

Eichorst: "I don't know if there was a change in approach. I love the game of football, as you know. We've gone into depth on that. When you transition into incredible positions like at Nebraska, there's a lot of looking, listening and learning to do. I would attribute it more to having a lot of things to do, a lot of people to get to know, more than anything. I now think I know the place a little better than when I first came in, know the people better. That allows me a little more flexibility to get around and to be available."

uh.....

commando...

I dont share your pessimism.

A new athletic director... someone with an appreciation of Nebraska "culture"... would do wonders in getting us headed in the right direction again.

i forgot my sarcasm emoji...but really didn't think it was needed

I read you right then I guess - not sure that the nellie's didn't just jump on what they thought was a bandwagon.

Guess there are a couple new folks to add to my blocked list :facepalm: