How has Penn State completely passed NU?

When does Ronnie Green make his stamp on the University and show Eichorst the door? To me, Perlman has been the issue since day one of 2000 and the last 16 years proved that he was unable to make the right hires. As the stadium is being "enhanced" via another capacity reduction in 2017 it is clear fan interest is waning and the sellout streak is being clung to as the final legacy of the glory years. Too many teams in our conference are overcoming adversity which is brutally worse than what Nebraska has dealt with and are proving that waiting for change only prolongs misery. Sacrificing a position coach here and there only proves the wrong people are being hired in the first place; and it all starts at the top.

I thought they just got done adding seats? Is this for real?

They slightly reduced capacity before the last season, and that will probably continue to be a trend, but this is not nearly as much a reflection on Nebraska specifically as it is a reflection on the sport as a whole. Almost every stadium 'expansion' happening across the country these days either reduces 'normal' seat capacity, increasing luxury box capacity, or both. People just aren't going to sporting events the way they used to.

Is it because they just aren't going? Or, is it they aren't even watching? From everything I read, the NFL is going through a bit of a rough spot with viewership. Are more and more people just not watching football any longer? For me personally, I'd much rather watch the game on my big screen from the comforts of my couch. With every game on now, there's little to no reason for me to ever attend again.

I understand that you can watch the game on your sweet TV on your couch, but don't people attend football games just for the event and entertainment of the entire day itself?

I know there are the people that are focused solely on the football game, and drive in, go right to their seats in the stadium, and drive out as soon as the game is over. That doesn't sound fun. I love the event of going to a football game. That is worth my time and money, to enjoy the overall event and goings on around it.

• Fire 1

When does Ronnie Green make his stamp on the University and show Eichorst the door? To me, Perlman has been the issue since day one of 2000 and the last 16 years proved that he was unable to make the right hires. As the stadium is being "enhanced" via another capacity reduction in 2017 it is clear fan interest is waning and the sellout streak is being clung to as the final legacy of the glory years. Too many teams in our conference are overcoming adversity which is brutally worse than what Nebraska has dealt with and are proving that waiting for change only prolongs misery. Sacrificing a position coach here and there only proves the wrong people are being hired in the first place; and it all starts at the top.

They slightly reduced capacity before the last season, and that will probably continue to be a trend, but this is not nearly as much a reflection on Nebraska specifically as it is a reflection on the sport as a whole. Almost every stadium 'expansion' happening across the country these days either reduces 'normal' seat capacity, increasing luxury box capacity, or both. People just aren't going to sporting events the way they used to.

Is it because they just aren't going? Or, is it they aren't even watching? From everything I read, the NFL is going through a bit of a rough spot with viewership. Are more and more people just not watching football any longer? For me personally, I'd much rather watch the game on my big screen from the comforts of my couch. With every game on now, there's little to no reason for me to ever attend again.

I understand that you can watch the game on your sweet TV on your couch, but don't people attend football games just for the event and entertainment of the entire day itself?

I know there are the people that are focused solely on the football game, and drive in, go right to their seats in the stadium, and drive out as soon as the game is over. That doesn't sound fun. I love the event of going to a football game. That is worth my time and money, to enjoy the overall event and goings on around it.

I completely agree. I want to get to Lincoln at least several hours before the game, enjoy down town or a tail gate. Then, if it's an afternoon game, go out to eat afterwards. The atmosphere of Lincoln on game day is one of the biggest reasons to be there.

Which, I will never understand people who leave before the game is over to "beat the crowd". WTF???

For me, I just like being able to watch the game. I've had great seats at some games, but even with great seats I can't see near as much of the game as watching it on tv. Plus, I love to use my dvr and go back and rewatch several hits, etc. I get the enjoyment of the event and the goings on around it, but once one has been to a few games it's pretty much same old same old. Everyone is a bit different I guess, but I don't like to vacation at the same spot over and over.

OMG, you realize Franklin was on his way out the door. They were gearing up to fire him until he beat OSU. They went on a run and have reaped the benefits. Lets see if they can continue next year. The MR haters are everywhere.....

If one of Riley's passing quarterbacks pans out and we're able to run the offense with precision, this thread will be reversed. But it still doesn't take away the home recruiting advantage of the schools in high population states.

I completely agree. I want to get to Lincoln at least several hours before the game, enjoy down town or a tail gate. Then, if it's an afternoon game, go out to eat afterwards. The atmosphere of Lincoln on game day is one of the biggest reasons to be there.

Which, I will never understand people who leave before the game is over to "beat the crowd". WTF???

I have a friend that will go to games with his father-in-law… The father-in-law will type it out perfectly so they arrive in Lincoln Park can walk right into the stadium pretty much as the game is starting and then leave right as the game ends and headed back to Omaha… He hates it

Here's a comparison of Nebraska's and Penn State's 247's average recruiting rankings since 2000:

year-NU-PSU

2000-17-5

2001-39-17

2002-35-22

2003-35-48

2004-25-13

average rank NU: 30.2 ---PSU: 21.0 Joe beat Frank at recruiting, but was 1-1 on the field in that time-frame.

2005--8-23

2006-21-7

2007-20-35

2008-25-37

average rank NU: 18.5---PSU: 25.5 Bill beat Joe at recruiting, and never played him on the field.

2009-42-18

2010-27-12

2011-16-31

2012-30-46

2013-22-33

2014-36-24

2015-30-15

average rank NU: 29---PSU: 25.6 Joe/Tom/Bill/James Beat Bo at recruiting, but he was 3-0 on the field.

2016 -25-20

2017-33-14 (so far)

Looks like Franklin has recruiting on an upswing, although 2012 was the only "bad" class they had in the wake of the scandal.

• Fire 1