CB Michael Onyemaobi [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we get blades and Lenoir (I wish lol) then we would be better off saving the spot for the already small 2018 class

Don't you think natural attrition will help with next year's class? I think Onyemaobi is a good enough player to take this year if we can get him.

Surprisingly I'm with Matty on this one. This kid can ball. I think you gotta take him. Don't trust the 3 star.
Save the spot to spread out the scholarships. We only lost 2 secondary players unless someone transfers. We're already young in the secondary and have a 2018 guy committed that can play cb. Secondary easy has the most depth on our roster.

I can see where you are coming from, just think this one is worth a spot no matter what so I will respectfully agree to disagree on this one. Unfortunately I don't think we are going to run into the luxury of either taking on this kid as an extra above what the staff had planned or choosing to let him go. I think we will just need him with the "bigger names" choosing elsewhere.

So it's okay if it's a planned saved spot, as opposed to missing on someone on NSD and then having an open spot?

Don't really understand that.

We need a full roster. It will slowly even itself out.

I was specifically talking about the secondary.

Oh. Yeah, I don't hate that idea. Problem is we might not have another take at a different position of need.

So it's okay if it's a planned saved spot, as opposed to missing on someone on NSD and then having an open spot?

Oh. Yeah, I don't hate that idea. Problem is we might not have another take at a different position of need.

Better to be safe than sorry, especially with the potential of a kid like this.

The body frame there too and ability to catch and do something with it after isn't something overly common either in a guy that we would put strictly on defense. It's hard to see him not in red unless he just picks another school instead of us. If we let him walk we better have Blades, Lenoir, and Johnson in the fold. In that case, it'd be hard for me to be too upset with our outcome ha

The body frame there too and ability to catch and do something with it after isn't something overly common either in a guy that we would put strictly on defense. It's hard to see him not in red unless he just picks another school instead of us. If we let him walk we better have Blades, Lenoir, and Johnson in the fold. In that case, it'd be hard for me to be too upset with our outcome ha

Feel like they might be holding the spot open for Lenoir. Risky to slow play this guy, but I feel like it's probably worth it. We'll see on Wednesday.

Feel like they might be holding the spot open for Lenoir. Risky to slow play this guy, but I feel like it's probably worth it. We'll see on Wednesday.

There is plenty of room to take all 3 if they want N

• Fire 1

No way! You take a commit from this kid! About a 20% chance or worse we get Blades and Lenoir and probably 50% chance we get neither!!

No way! You take a commit from this kid! About a 20% chance or worse we get Blades and Lenoir and probably 50% chance we get neither!!
Pretty sure we're solid on Blades, where are you getting this info from? I like this kid, we've just put a lot of work in on Lenoir for a while now, gotta leave the door open. And he's one of the best corners in the country.

Pretty sure we're solid on Blades, where are you getting this info from? I like this kid, we've just put a lot of work in on Lenoir for a while now, gotta leave the door open. And he's one of the best corners in the country.

I still take Onyemaobi with those two on board. I may be alone in that with next years scholarships in mind, but I still hold to the fact that this kid is worth it.

Blades is N

Blades is N

Getting Blades and Onyemaobi would give us 21 commits, with Daniels that puts up to 22, IIRC that's the golden number correct?

Blades is N
Getting Blades and Onyemaobi would give us 21 commits, with Daniels that puts up to 22, IIRC that's the golden number correct?

Yes with spots going over for pleasant surprises (Lewis, Lenoir, Johnson, Verdell).

Blades is N

Agreed but we run a chance at losing guy the de