Trump to be inaugurated as the least-popular president-elect in modern history

Well, it should be noted that my Scotish kin are HORRIFIED that their country is being pulled into the bs on Trump on Friday. I expect we'll see some sharp witted tweets and responses from across the pond, one that popped up real quick when I went to the local Edinburgh paper was this poem (pasted as is.- apologies if I missed some words that should have been censored a bit):

DonaldLand Donald's wee hands - were typing a tweet.

Some wall he was planning would be eighteen feet.

He'll move the bad hombres back to Cancun.

An' grab a few pussies - to make the girls swoon.

He'll show us his taxes sometime in the future.

His skill doing deals are bigly and super.

He knows marvelous words - like lawsuit - and crass.

And he thinks that Ivanka's a nice piece of ass.

He likes Breitbart news - but not girls called Megyn.

His locker room banter - has women all begging.

He thinks that Obama's a real piece of work.

And McKinnon an' Baldwin can't act worth a fxxx

He's checking how Muslims spell words like Koran.

And promised he'll rip up the deal with Iran.

And the NATO agreement should have dues and fees.

But first he must drain out the swamp in Dee Cee.

He thinks that Farage and the Brexit are great.

And Vladimir Putin could be a good mate.

He doesn't know wizards or clansmen called Kleagle.

But the Mexican dudes …. they're all rapists and evil.

His wee fingers are aching ….. it's now four am.

But still he goes on and he retweets again.

He "likes" – "lock her up" and "put her in jail".

And posts that are "shared" about birth place details.

The election is done – the numbers are in.

The GOP takes hold of Congress again.

The final results …. say ….. "The States have declared".

That some of you voted ……. for the txxx you deserve.

Ronnie O'Byrne ​​​​​​​​​​Dec 9th 2016

Just look at her. Case dismissed.
I'm not sure the tone you intended with your comment - can you clarify?

I assumed he made this comment because of Trump's previous comments on accusers. He essentially has said of some of them that they're too ugly to sexually assault.

I assumed that as well - but giving him a chance to walk that back ...

Well, it should be noted that my Scotish kin are HORRIFIED that their country is being pulled into the bs on Trump on Friday. I expect we'll see some sharp witted tweets and responses from across the pond, one that popped up real quick when I went to the local Edinburgh paper was this poem (pasted as is.- apologies if I missed some words that should have been censored a bit):

That's atrocious.

OK....I like some songs and I have absolutely no clue what the words are and what they mean. I can listen to Italian Opera and have absolutely no clue what is being said and still appreciate the music.

That's not what is being asked here. This is a specific poem picked written and picked out to be read at a specific and important event. Most other words can be easily interpreted into what it's implying.

Now, if you don't want to try to interpret them, then so be it. It's a free country.

But, in this situation, I think it's appropriate to try to figure out what they are trying to say with these words.

Sure, of course it is. But we tend to find what we want to find.

And all those songs you made reference to, were written for a specific reason and purpose for a specific and important event, maybe not to you, but to someone or for someone.

Semi-Charmed Kind of Life is one of the most upbeat "fun" songs I can think of...yet it is supposed to be about major substance abuse issues...I just like the song and I appreciate it and the way it makes me feel.

So, it is what is being asked here. But I don't really want to know if Ickle Me, Pickle Me, has a hidden meaning about hard core drug use, rape and human trafficking...I just want to appreciate it for what it does for me.

You, or anyone else, can interpret anything (yes anything) as negative or positive if you want. We already know that. Think when you read posts from certain people, you read them in a certain way. I do that, I wish I didn't but I do.

Puff the Magic Dragon or an Italian Operatic piece doesn't have anything to do with the man who is going to assume the position of leading our country and the free world. If they did, I would pay more attention to what the composer meant when he wrote them.

Well I can only hope that if he has a song playing at anytime during the even that you will want to break that down as well. :)

Im guessing here based on some knowledge - but looks/sounds to me the scotch version of the name Donald. Dont know for sure, but his mom is scotis I think. Perhaps her clan is McCleod.

Ahhh....good catch.

His mother's name is in fact.

Mary Anne MacLeod Trump

The irony of his MAGA campaign, then using a heavily Scotish influenced poem is awesome though right? Especially since his mom was an immigrant?

Im guessing here based on some knowledge - but looks/sounds to me the scotch version of the name Donald. Dont know for sure, but his mom is scotis I think. Perhaps her clan is McCleod.

Ahhh....good catch.

Mary Anne MacLeod Trump

The irony of his MAGA campaign, then using a heavily Scotish influenced poem is awesome though right? Especially since his mom was an immigrant?

Actually, I'm sure the songs will be chosen for the specific event based on their words and meaning. Kind of why Lee Greenwood will be singing God Bless America instead of One Bourbon, One Scotch and One Beer.

Apparently this is the poem they'll read at Trump's inauguration. It was written by the American poet Joseph Charles McKenzie of the Society of Classical Poets.

LINK

"Come out for the Domhnall, ye brave men and proud, The scion of Torquil and best of MacLeod! With purpose and strength he came down from his towerTo snatch from a tyrant his ill-gotten power. Now the cry has gone up with a cheer from the crowd:Come out for the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!When freedom is threatened by slaverys chainsAnd voices are silenced as misery reigns, Well come out for a leader whose courage is true Whose virtues are solid and long overdue. For, hell never forget us, we men of the crowd Who elected the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!When crippling corruption polluted our nationAnd plunged our economy into stagnation,As self-righteous rogues took the opulent office And plump politicians reneged on their promiseThe forgotten continued to form a great crowd That defended the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod! The Domhnalls a giver whilst others just take, Neer gaining from that which his hands did not make. A builder of buildings, employing good men,Hes enriched many cities by factors of ten. The honest and true gladly march with the crowd Standing up for the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod! True friend of the migrant from both far and near,He welcomes the worthy, but guards our frontier, Lest a murderous horde, for whom hell is the norm,Should threaten our lives and our nation deform. We immigrants hasten to swell the great crowd.Coming out for the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod! Academe now lies dead, the old order rots, No longer policing our words and our thoughts; Its ignorant hirelings pretending to teachAre backward in vision, sophomoric in speech.Now we learnèd of mind add ourselves to the crowd That cheers on the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!The black man, forgotten, in poverty dying, The poor man, the sick man, with young children crying, The soldier abroad and the mother who waits, The young without work or behind prison gates, The veterans, wounded, all welcome the crowd That fights for the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod! Whilst hapless old harridans flapping their traps Teach women to look and behave like us chaps, The Domhnall defends the defenseless forlorn; For, a womans first right is the right to be born. Now the bonnie young lassies that fly to the crowd Have a champion in Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!

There's some really concerning imagery in this poem. For example, this passage:

Whilst hapless old harridans flapping their traps

Teach women to look and behave like us chaps,

A "harridan" is a strict, bossy, or belligerent old woman. Does this refer to anyone in particular? Hillary, perhaps?

What does "teach women to look and behave like us chaps" mean? Is this because Hillary wore pant suits and ran for the presidency, behaving "like us chaps" because that's an office for men? Does it refer to cross-dressers? What an utterly weird passage to include in an inauguration poem.

If you follow the link at the top of this post, the article claims the poem refers to Obama with the line, "To snatch from a tyrant his ill-gotten power." If so, it ignores the fact that Obama won the popular vote (twice!) while oddly ignoring the fact that Donald didn't.

What a weird tone to be setting at the inauguration. But then... it's Trump.

It means everything you think it does and pointed out here. There are some interesting reviews of it online.

Scariest part of it to me is that it will serve as a dog whistle for all the horrible people who voted for him for all the wrong reasons. As far as "mending bridges"? This will create even more problems.

• Fire 1

Ahhh....good catch.

Mary Anne MacLeod Trump

Actually, I'm sure the songs will be chosen for the specific event based on their words and meaning. Kind of why Lee Greenwood will be singing God Bless America instead of One Bourbon, One Scotch and One Beer.

George Throughgood and The Destroyers?

Ahhh....good catch.

Mary Anne MacLeod Trump

Yeah....I'm a fan.

That's atrocious.

2nd

Ahhh....good catch.

Mary Anne MacLeod Trump

Yeah....I'm a fan.

Is he still alive? He had some big hits.

Ahhh....good catch.

Mary Anne MacLeod Trump

Yeah....I'm a fan.

Actually yes. But, I haven't seen anything from him for a very long time. When I was really drunk in college, I would crank his music till wee hours of the morning.........sorry neighbors.

Carter at 78%, huh?

Keep in mind that's Carter's number right before his inauguration. Remember that Carter's a really nice guy following after Vietnam, Nixon, and Ford. Hard not to have good approval numbers. In fact all the other president-elects besides Trump had approval numbers above 50%

Ahhh....good catch.

Mary Anne MacLeod Trump

Yeah....I'm a fan.

Actually yes. But, I haven't seen anything from him for a very long time. When I was really drunk in college, I would crank his music till wee hours of the morning.........sorry neighbors.

Ha! Yeah, that sounds about right! That is what his music is perfect for!