Trump to be inaugurated as the least-popular president-elect in modern history

I know there's a discussion going on about the likelihood he'll be impeached, but I'm truly starting to wonder what is the likelihood of him being assassinated.

Man, I hate to see someone throw that out in the public eye! We have nut jobs living amongst us, that all they need is a little coaxing or thought of becoming infamous.

I truly hope this does not occur and somehow, I hope we as a Nation find a way to heal the division and become prosperous the next 4 years.

Well, the way he treats our intelligence community, it might be something that happens in the middle of the night and nobody ever sees him again.

I truly, truly hope that does not occur. It is not the answer, and anyone who thinks so is in my view blind to the monstrosity necessary to endorse such a thing. And if our intelligence community, backed into a corner, starts developing some very mid-to-late imperial Praetorian Guard habits, that would be a dark turn in America's history.

TAKODA, I don't think the data is a revelation, but it is encouraging, and his response to it revealing. 40% is actually quite high, so in some sense I'd argue that this is actually discouraging.

I truly, truly hope that does not occur. It is not the answer, and anyone who thinks so is in my view blind to the monstrosity necessary to endorse such a thing. And if our intelligence community, backed into a corner, starts developing some very mid-to-late imperial Praetorian Guard habits, that would be a dark turn in America's history.

TAKODA, I don't think the data is a revelation, but it is encouraging, and his response to it revealing. 40% is actually quite high, so in some sense I'd argue that this is actually discouraging.

Nobody on here wants that to happen or is endorsing it.

I know there's a discussion going on about the likelihood he'll be impeached, but I'm truly starting to wonder what is the likelihood of him being assassinated.

Man, I hate to see someone throw that out in the public eye! We have nut jobs living amongst us, that all they need is a little coaxing or thought of becoming infamous.

I truly hope this does not occur and somehow, I hope we as a Nation find a way to heal the division and become prosperous the next 4 years.

Me too.

• Fire 1

Yeah, and I didn't mean to suggest this either. Just opining on how dangerous a result that would be. As bad as Trump is, we can't be a society that turns to this as recourse. Given the sharpness of the antipathy towards him, I'm actually somewhat worried about it.

Yeah, and I didn't mean to suggest this either. Just opining on how dangerous a result that would be. As bad as Trump is, we can't be a society that turns to this as recourse. Given the sharpness of the antipathy towards him, I'm actually somewhat worried about it.

Well, I always was concerned about that with Obama with all the gun toting loony toons out here that feed off of trash on the internet......thankfully, that didn't happen.

Hopefully we can get through Trump's time there without something happening.

• Fire 1

I truly, truly hope that does not occur. It is not the answer, and anyone who thinks so is in my view blind to the monstrosity necessary to endorse such a thing. And if our intelligence community, backed into a corner, starts developing some very mid-to-late imperial Praetorian Guard habits, that would be a dark turn in America's history.TAKODA, I don't think the data is a revelation, but it is encouraging, and his response to it revealing. 40% is actually quite high, so in some sense I'd argue that this is actually discouraging.

Zoogs, you use the term encouraging.

I know I lean conservative and you lean liberal, but to clarify your use of the word encouraging, I suspect you use this term to express that you are pleased that the people are not following him like sheep and will ultimately fight for what they believe is just and proper, not the fact that you are advocating we become more fractured than we already are as a Country.

While some believe Trump will be the source of further fracturing, I am in hopes that the leash is tight enough where he will get some positive things done, and be kept from doing unrepairable harm in the next 4 years.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. But more than that, this is no normal presidency. I would also say it's encouraging in a different context to see, for example, a significant percentage of Americans supporting liberal policies over conservative ones.

That's not what I mean here. My opposition to Trump is far more fundamental and that is one thing I feel strongly we should all be unified in. This is a man who through his temperament and qualifications never should've come within a light year of the presidency.

I truly, truly hope that does not occur. It is not the answer, and anyone who thinks so is in my view blind to the monstrosity necessary to endorse such a thing. And if our intelligence community, backed into a corner, starts developing some very mid-to-late imperial Praetorian Guard habits, that would be a dark turn in America's history.TAKODA, I don't think the data is a revelation, but it is encouraging, and his response to it revealing. 40% is actually quite high, so in some sense I'd argue that this is actually discouraging.

I know I lean conservative and you lean liberal, but to clarify your use of the word encouraging, I suspect you use this term to express that you are pleased that the people are not following him like sheep and will ultimately fight for what they believe is just and proper, not the fact that you are advocating we become more fractured than we already are as a Country.

While some believe Trump will be the source of further fracturing, I am in hopes that the leash is tight enough where he will get some positive things done, and be kept from doing unrepairable harm in the next 4 years.

What have you seen that makes you believe the red won't happen?

What have you seen that makes you think the bold will happen?

To me, it doesn't seem like the dog is feeling the leash around his neck.

• Fire 3

I know I lean conservative and you lean liberal, but to clarify your use of the word encouraging, I suspect you use this term to express that you are pleased that the people are not following him like sheep and will ultimately fight for what they believe is just and proper, not the fact that you are advocating we become more fractured than we already are as a Country.While some believe Trump will be the source of further fracturing, I am in hopes that the leash is tight enough where he will get some positive things done, and be kept from doing unrepairable harm in the next 4 years.

What have you seen that makes you believe the red won't happen?

What have you seen that makes you think the bold will happen?

To me, it doesn't seem like the dog is feeling the leash around his neck.

BRB, I nor you, know for sure what will happen or not happen. I can only say that throughout time, our society has seen numerous "Presidents" come into power (some highly thought of, others not so much), and here we are. For better or worse, we have survived, and advanced as a species. I try to look at the glass half full rather than half empty (most of the time). I falter now and then, but I have faith in mankind (Somedays :) ).