The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

WOW....read the entire thread. 

I saw that yesterday. The death of cable will be really hard for Fox. I had no idea to what extent they were subsidized by the cable industry as a whole.

They're such a horrible organization. You can tell immediately which minds they've poisoned when you talk to people.

So Trump's new favorite media outlet, OANN, has been kicked out of the briefings by the Correspondents Assoc. because OANN (wt WH blessings it appears) broke the rules.  

Beat you $10 they are back in by Monday  :smokin

https://www.ctpost.com/entertainment/article/OANN-is-booted-from-White-House-press-room-after-15172940.php

Under strict new guidelines jointly imposed last month by White House officials and the White House Correspondents' Association, which represents journalists, access to the cramped briefing room is now restricted to about 15 reporters each day, to enforce social-distancing measures amid the coronavirus crisis, and several smaller news organizations can rotate in only once every several days.

And it wasn't OANN's turn on Tuesday. Nor on Wednesday, when Rion showed up in the room again - prompting the correspondents' association to vote to remove OANN from the rotation.

"We did this because a reporter for this outlet twice attended press briefings in contravention of this policy," the board of the WHCA said in a statement late Wednesday. "We do not take this action lightly. This is a matter of public safety."

Rion and her employer, a tiny conservative cable outlet known as OANN, appear to have gotten special permission from the White House, in violation of the guidelines. The reasons, and the source of the approval, are unclear, but OANN and Rion have a history of reporting favorably about Trump. Rion herself has pushed conspiracy theories that advance his political interests, such as the unfounded allegation that officials in Ukraine secretly manipulated the 2016 election to help Hillary Clinton. Trump, in turn, has tweeted praise of OANN's reporting dozens of times.

The White House, in effect, on Tuesday bent the rules - which were designed to ensure the health of journalists, the president and the nation's top public-health officials - in granting access and a national spotlight to a correspondent from an obscure but Trump-friendly news outlet.

OANN was founded 2013 by Robert Herring Sr., a millionaire Republican donor from San Diego who made his fortune in the circuit-board business before starting over in media. His son, Charles Herring, president of One America's parent company Herring Broadcasting, told The Post last week that the channel "is designed to report just the news" and that "we would not describe our news reporting as right-leaning."

Regarding the post above:

Well, I should have taken bets.  It was quicker than anticipated. The OANN reporter was invited back in as a guest by Trump's press secretary. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8181585/White-House-press-secretary-INVITES-expelled-OAN-reporter-briefings.html

• An anchor for One America News tweets Thursday that her colleague Chanel Rion would return to press briefings as a guest of the press secretary 
    • Anchor Jennifer Franco said that Rion would attend the White House briefing as a guest of Stephanie Grisham, President Trump's top spokeswoman 
    • Franco later deleted the tweet and Grisham has yet to respond to DailyMail.com's request for comment 
    • Rion got OAN ousted from the briefing room rotation after showing up to back-to-back briefings on days she wasn't assigned a seat 
    • The White House Correspondents' Association board made the call saying it was for health reasons amid the coronavirus pandemic 

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Regarding the post above:

Well, I should have taken bets.  It was quicker than anticipated. The OANN reporter was invited back in as a guest by Trump's press secretary. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8181585/White-House-press-secretary-INVITES-expelled-OAN-reporter-briefings.html

•  

Wow...I hadn’t even seen the first post before the second one. 

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow...I hadn’t even seen the first post before the second one. 

As Barney Fife use to say "You got to get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over ol Barne"  

Yes, the WH wouldn't have it that their pet reporter was ousted by the Association because said reporter didn't play by the rules.

Rules, what rules when it comes to this WH.   If you don't like the rules, "bend them, break them any way you want to" (Think the 1960s group The American Breed's song)

Bend me, shape me
Anyway you want me
Long as you love me, it's all right
Bend me, shape me
Anyway you want me
You got the power to turn on the light
  • Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, commando said:

our new press secretary on fox news last feb. 25th

This is what we're going to get from Trump. There's no bottom to his well of awful people.

Everyone making some moral choice not to vote for Biden can rest comfortably with the knowledge that they helped elect Trump for  four more years. This kind of behavior is on them as much as any ardent Trump supporter.

• Plus1 2
  • knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine