Trump Legal Troubles

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

All this is great fodder for Nikki Haley - I hope there are enough voters who are ready to turn off the chaos and vote for someone who is totally different than trump.

Well, I'll give her credit.  She has ramped up the attacks on Trump.  Hopefully, it works.  Sad thing is, there's still that pretty high percentage of the cult in the Republican party that now just thinks she is RINO.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is the thing that I can not figure out with him, and if I step back and take my feelings towards him out of it, the guy can not shut up and do what's best for even himself.

There has never been a crook as high profile as him get into legal problems and do and say things so detrimental to his own defense.  He just keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper.

Sad thing is, it keeps strengthening how much the cult loves him.

Yes, it should be very clear to see by anyone not enamored by the personality cult, that Trump has severe mental issues. So if it was under any other context, a person can have empathy for the guy and hope that he would be able to secure professional help to help him overcome his deep narcistic personality disorder.  Knowing what we know about his childhood (not good - very demanding Father, performance driven, sent off to a military boarding school, etc) I can understand the origins of his issues. But the guy chooses to go full bore into the worst traits. And when it is in the context of being a president, a billionaire (or so we think or perhaps future non-billionaire as the legal issues play out), and now a candidate - these issues truly disqualifies him from office but the GOP refuses to address them.  

Over the years I've learned a few things from the spiritual side of life - mostly through the school of hard knocks - because I'm a slow learner. 

There is the principle of severe mercies that I think most of us have experienced.  When we refuse to turn the right direction and keep choosing the wrong direction, then God sends his mercies in the form of deep discipline (Hebrews 12) to change us often using the mechanics of civil government (Romans 13) to do the hard work of correction.  Most of us, once slapped once or twice by severe mercies, change our ways, some keep fighting on against the obvious.   I've been in both places in my life - quickly changing and other times resisting stubbornly those mercies and life just gets harder and harder.  The next stage is the hardened heart (not a good place to be - do a scripture search on a harden heart- sobering)- God just doesn't strive with us any longer - lets us fall & continue into our own folly at our own hurt - this seems to be where Trump is - void of conscience, void of a soul, unrepentant and never needing to ask for forgiveness.  

But the good thing about severe mercies, is that God, like the Prodical Father (Prodical son story in Luke 15) is ready to run to us and shower us with goodness and kindness as soon as we humble ourselves and 'return'.  

Ok - enough of my arm chair psychology (I did take Psychology 101 & 102 in college - does that qualify me??).  Long and short - Trump should not be near the White House in the same way a man dying of cancer should not be elected president.  Both would be disqualified due to health issue.  :rant

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, I'll give her credit.  She has ramped up the attacks on Trump.  Hopefully, it works.  Sad thing is, there's still that pretty high percentage of the cult in the Republican party that now just thinks she is RINO.

Yes, she is a RINO when her record has been anything but.  Just tells you that this is no longer the GOP party, it is the Trump party. They need to change the party name and call it what it really is.   Kind of like Mitt Romney who I think would have been a good president.  In 2008 he was too conservative, and the GOP nominated John McCain - who was a good candidate but who picked a bad VP and people were ready for a party switch after 8 years of GWB.

In 2012, Romney was too liberal.  In between - the Tea Party movement - which was clearly an anti-Obama movement cloaked in small govt language.  So, Romney became a RINO and we end up with Trump.   I hope Nikki keeps up the attacks and the PACs associated with her campaign can capitalize on the latest Trump legal news.  

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Buttttt he's so conservative

That is one of the many problems I have with him.  He is not conservative, he is a Statist.  He is only conservative on the right issues to keep the cult happy.  I think he is also LGBTQ+, which a conservative person doesn't like.  But I think he is that just because he likes threesomes.

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

That is one of the many problems I have with him.  He is not conservative, he is a Statist.  He is only conservative on the right issues to keep the cult happy.  I think he is also LGBTQ+, which a conservative person doesn't like.  But I think he is that just because he likes threesomes.

agreed.  He clearly doesn't believe in Pro-life issue as demonstrated by quotes attributed to hm by administration members and behind close doors he mocks evangelicals. He does & says whatever it takes to put him on top.  If those were Democratic issues - he'd be a Dem today. 

He's an opportunist  and a Statist and a nutjob .  

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

agreed.  He clearly doesn't believe in Pro-life issue as demonstrated by quotes attributed to hm by administration members and behind close doors he mocks evangelicals. He does & says whatever it takes to put him on top.  If those were Democratic issues - he'd be a Dem today. 

He's an opportunist  and a Statist and a nutjob .  

Trump-Clinton 2016 made me look at where I fall on the political spectrum.  I took several quizzes.  It came back that I am a right leaning Libertarian.  Trump was a Right leaning Statist.  Clinton was a left leaning statist.  The difference between them policy wise was actually not that big.  Or Bigly.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Or Bigly. 

Yes, it wasn't YUGE.   But that was a sucky election year - what terrible options. 

This year is shaping up to be even suckier.  Two old farts - the same old farts as last time.   The parties are failing the voters. 

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, it wasn't YUGE.   But that was a sucky election year - what terrible options. 

This year is shaping up to be even suckier.  Two old farts - the same old farts as last time.   The parties are failing the voters. 

The voters are failing.  Donald Trump is the who the Republican party is.  Joe Biden is who the Democrats are.  The government is whoever we put there.  Until voters realize we are doing this to ourselves, nothing is going to change.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The voters are failing.  Donald Trump is the who the Republican party is.  Joe Biden is who the Democrats are.  The government is whoever we put there.  Until voters realize we are doing this to ourselves, nothing is going to change.

Yes and no.

Who have the Democrats put out as an option for us other than Biden?  It's pretty difficult for voters to support a different candidate when the party doesn't produce other serious candidates.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes and no.

Who have the Democrats put out as an option for us other than Biden?  It's pretty difficult for voters to support a different candidate when the party doesn't produce other serious candidates.

This cycle, Joe is an incumbent.  No other candidates were likely. 

But in 2020, we had Sanders, Warren, Buttegieg, and Bloomberg to go against Biden.  I think there were a few others that dropped out very early.

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This cycle, Joe is an incumbent.  No other candidates were likely. 

But in 2020, we had Sanders, Warren, Buttegieg, and Bloomberg to go against Biden.  I think there were a few others that dropped out very early.

Agree.  I was only talking about this cycle.   And, yes, the incumbent is typically supported by the party to be reelected.  But, this isn't normal to have this old of an incumbent and the party should have given us other serious options.