The Republican Utopia

21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Please don't be so thick. 100% of the Republican National Committee declared the Jan 6 rioters to simply be engaging in "legitimate political discourse."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/04/republicans-capitol-attack-legitimate-political-discourse-cheney-kinzinger-pence

Read the second to last paragraph of the resolution.  Let me know how that means people rioting inside the Capitol is fine.  No chance they mean those outside the Capitol? Ehh

• TBH 2

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Read the second to last paragraph of the resolution.  Let me know how that means people rioting inside the Capitol is fine.  No chance they mean those outside the Capitol? Ehh

Since you have a lot of time on your hands can you produce a list, or even a total number, of people who were peacefully protesting outside the Capitol who are being "persecuted"?

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The second to last paragraph is entirely a Liz Cheney quote. Do you really intend to imply that the only Republican that had the balls to stand up to Trump and the MAGAts insurrection represents the R party that banished her for doing so? 

Maybe the stupidest and most wrong idea ever proposed in this forum.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 6

40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Too busy to backup a crazy take that nobody has been able to make a sensible case for to date?

That’s correct.  I cannot backup the crazy take that Republicans thought rioting inside the Capitol was fine….or when the crazy take got changed to the other crazy take of half Republicans thought this after the poster was called out.  

Here’s a question for you based on what another poster claimed.  Do you think Republicans, whatever that means by the way, were fine with protestors storming the Capitol? Even when there are contemporaneous notes saying the opposite.  

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The second to last paragraph is entirely a Liz Cheney quote

What are you talking about?  It literally is not.   Do you even know how to find the resolution within that article:lol:   If you are gonna try and disparage another poster at least have your information correct 

The rest of your post is bogus because you couldn’t even get this first thing correct.  LOLOLOL.  

28 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe the stupidest and most wrong idea ever proposed in this forum.

says the person who doesn’t actually understand what he’s responding to:laughpound

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s correct.  I cannot backup the crazy take that Republicans thought rioting inside the Capitol was fine….or when the crazy take got changed to the other crazy take of half Republicans thought this after the poster was called out.  

Here’s a question for you based on what another poster claimed.  Do you think Republicans, whatever that means by the way, were fine with protestors storming the Capitol? Even when there are contemporaneous notes saying the opposite.  

Well, if by "Republican", we are talking about the Republican members of the House, I would have to say the vast majority of them were fine with the storming of the capital.  I'm pretty sure just about every single one of them didn't support the J6 committee except Kinsinger and Cheney.  And, when they did support investigating the insurrection, they were banished from the party.

There are members of the house that firmly believe, and say regularly, that it's wrong to be arresting and punishing the people who stormed the capital.  In fact, they think the real traitors are the ones who investigated them, arrested them and pushed for punishment.

So.....I'm thinking @JJ Husker is closer to reality than you are.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, if by "Republican", we are talking about the Republican members of the House, I would have to say the vast majority of them were fine with the storming of the capital

So I’m gonna pull a JJ and Scarlet and ask for you to come up with this number and share with us how.  Otherwise I guess JJ gets to say you can’t back up a crazy take and then not engaging in honest discussion 

• Plus1 1

The second to the last paragraph (at least from what we can see in the screenshot embedded in the tweet) says "Whereas Representatives Cheney and Kinzinger are participating in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse....."

Then @Archy1221says 

No chance they mean those outside the Capitol? Ehh

So he's saying that the resolution is talking about the persecution of those being outside the Capitol.   Yet when asked to provide examples of those who were peacefully protesting outside the Capitol being persecuted, he can't.  

The resolution is actually implying that those who entered the Capitol and attempted to overthrow democracy are being "persecuted".  Because, as far as I know, those who have been charged and convicted (i.e. persecuted) were not in anyway peacefully protesting.

So yeah, no chance they mean those outside the Capitol

Ehh

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The resolution is actually implying that those who entered the Capitol and attempted to overthrow democracy are being "persecuted".  Because, as far as I know, those who have been charged and convicted (i.e. persecuted) were not in anyway peacefully protesting.

Are you under the impression that people outside the Capitol haven’t been investigated?  

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So I’m gonna pull a JJ and Scarlet and ask for you to come up with this number and share with us how.  Otherwise I guess JJ gets to say you can’t back up a crazy take and then not engaging in honest discussion 

Nope....don't have a number.  That's why, my last sentence says....

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So.....I'm thinking @JJ Husker is closer to reality than you are.

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you under the impression that people outside the Capitol haven’t been investigated?  

Why shouldn't they?  I don't know the details of every case, but there's a chance that some that have been arrested didn't enter the capital.  But, instead they attacked capital police.

Absolutely everyone that crossed over where the mob broke through the barricades and injured police officers, should rightfully, expect to be under investigation.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2