The Republican Utopia

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn’t this a crime all by itself?

I would say so.  Just add another to the long list.  One would hope that as the election cycle progresses and more people tune in that his insane, fascistic rhetoric will turn off everyone but the most crazy in our society.  

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can you tell me what type of stem cell research republicans are for?

Didn’t you once post about what it means when someone answers a question with a question?  

You brought up Steve Scalise with zero context.  I have no idea what research he voted to allow or what type of stem cells transplant he is getting.  But Scalise is not “Republicans”. He is one Republican.  So that said, I’m sure you can provide more context on him in particular since you brought him up

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Didn’t you once post about what it means when someone answers a question with a question?  

You’re so funny.  Actually, you were the first one years ago that tried to make that claim…..then continued to do it yourself…..then try to act like I was the one that originally made the comment about a question for a question. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You’re so funny.  Actually, you were the first one years ago that tried to make that claim…..then continued to do it yourself…..then try to act like I was the one that originally made the comment about a question for a question. 

Tell you what, in the interest of compromise and to get back to the original point I will concede what you said without going back to look.  

Now will you be providing context to the political post you made about hypocrisy?  

Maybe Scalise did vote against funding the research of stem cell transplants he is now getting.   Maybe he didn’t.  We don’t know because you won’t provide the details to the claim you are making. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just a bunch of peaceful tourists.  

And, their leader that motivated this, is now trying to intimidate SC justices and motivating these same people to intimidate voters at the voting booths. 

Aren't these losers the ones that claim they are using their guns to protect themselves from the evil G'ment when it tries to trample on their rights?

Yet no one there is pulling out their gun to go protect their rights?

Then newsflash gun dorks YOU DON'T REALLY BELIEVE THAT!  So get rid of your lame guns.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wha???

Well than I am REALLY f#&%ing patriotic!  

White

Native American

South Korean American

Another Dude (not sure if he was American,  long story, it was sort of an accident)

Need I go on????

• Haha 3
  • Worth a Look 1

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Have I disagreed with the links or have I tried to help you and provide context to why someone might answer the question if do you somewhat believe QANON because the question is sooo broad.  You make it sound like half Republican Party is tinfoil conspiracy nuts believing anything the QANON group spouts off about. 

Here's the context and specific numbers you were provided: 70% of the Republican party believes the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, based on a variety of unfounded theories and unsupported evidence. Concurrently,  25% of Republicans believe in the central views of Qanon, including some serious tinfoil stuff. That's millions of voters. 

However you want to parse those numbers, they support the view that the GOP has veered into extremist territory that doesn't serve the party or core conservative causes. A view you've shared here yourself. I fully acknowledge there are also non-voters and Democrats on those fringes, but this is undeniably the product of rightwing machinery.  

Maybe you missed this one from U.S. News & World Report:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/02/majority-of-republicans-believe-the-qanon-conspiracy-theory-is-partly-or-mostly-true-survey-finds/?sh=7cf31b055231

Here's a theory: Satan-worshipping pedophiles running a global sex-trafficking operation control the U.S. government, media and financial institutions. A storm is coming to sweep away the elites and restore the rightful leader of the country. And things are so off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save the country.

Related: 

It's a pretty out-there view of the world, acknowledges Natalie Jackson, a researcher with the Public Religion Research Institute, which surveyed Americans on the central views of the conspiracist QAnon movement.

But a quarter of Republicans agree with those sentiments, according to a PRRI report released Thursday that was based on data from four separate polls it conducted. So does 16% of the population as a whole – or, Jackson notes, about 44 million people.

The group, which studies the intersection of politics, culture and religion, didn't ask people outright if they are subscribers to QAnon, the group that passed around a bizarre accusation in 2016 that Democratic leaders were involved in a pedophile ring operated in a pizza joint in Washington, D.C. Instead, PRRI asked Americans if they agreed with the core tenets of the group – and quite a few did.

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Here's the context and specific numbers you were provided: 70% of the Republican party believes the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, based on a variety of unfounded theories and unsupported evidence. Concurrently,  25% of Republicans believe in the central views of Qanon, including some serious tinfoil stuff. That's millions of voters. 

However you want to parse those numbers, they support the view that the GOP has veered into extremist territory that doesn't serve the party or core conservative causes. A view you've shared here yourself. I fully acknowledge there are also non-voters and Democrats on those fringes, but this is undeniably the product of rightwing machinery.  

Maybe you missed this one from U.S. News & World Report:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/02/majority-of-republicans-believe-the-qanon-conspiracy-theory-is-partly-or-mostly-true-survey-finds/?sh=7cf31b055231

Here's a theory: Satan-worshipping pedophiles running a global sex-trafficking operation control the U.S. government, media and financial institutions. A storm is coming to sweep away the elites and restore the rightful leader of the country. And things are so off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save the country.

Related: 

It's a pretty out-there view of the world, acknowledges Natalie Jackson, a researcher with the Public Religion Research Institute, which surveyed Americans on the central views of the conspiracist QAnon movement.

But a quarter of Republicans agree with those sentiments, according to a PRRI report released Thursday that was based on data from four separate polls it conducted. So does 16% of the population as a whole – or, Jackson notes, about 44 million people.

The group, which studies the intersection of politics, culture and religion, didn't ask people outright if they are subscribers to QAnon, the group that passed around a bizarre accusation in 2016 that Democratic leaders were involved in a pedophile ring operated in a pizza joint in Washington, D.C. Instead, PRRI asked Americans if they agreed with the core tenets of the group – and quite a few did.

Appreciate the links and I learn a few things as I read through them.    I’m towards the beginning of this one and have a question before I move on reading.     Do you think this is a legit way to group the respondents?  I say no because they group completely agree and mostly agree into one single group called believers, yet they don’t do that for mostly disagree and completely disagree into a single rejector category.  

• QAnon believers: Respondents who completely or mostly agreed with these statements.
  • QAnon doubters: Respondents who mostly disagreed with these statements.
  • QAnon rejecters: Respondents who completely disagreed with all three statements
  • Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Appreciate the links and I learn a few things as I read through them.    I’m towards the beginning of this one and have a question before I move on reading.     Do you think this is a legit way to group the respondents?  I say no because they group completely agree and mostly agree into one single group called believers, yet they don’t do that for mostly disagree and completely disagree into a single rejector category.  

• QAnon believers: Respondents who completely or mostly agreed with these statements.
  • QAnon doubters: Respondents who mostly disagreed with these statements.
  • QAnon rejecters: Respondents who completely disagreed with all three statements

Not sure that's the distinction you want it to be. "Doubters" is simply the middle ground where you could be called neither a believer or rejector, as there may be a qualifying exception or two. Anything "completely" removes all doubt, and someone who "mostly agreed" isn't likely to disagree with being called a "believer." It is interesting that "rejecters" aren't given the option of "mostly disagreeing." However, if you look at the three Qanon tenets being offered, they're VERY extreme, and the belief in "most" or "any" of them would support the overriding concern. Remember, you're a QAnon Rejecter, too. 

I do hope you will not refuse to read and learn from the rest of this short article -- or other easily found links — based on this anomaly you've found to discredit it. 

It's a new year, and you can change. 

• Plus1 2