The Republican Utopia

Really good question that deserves an answer for his donors.   Also, if you run for office and the r term is only two years, unless you have a family emergency, is it really too much to ask to finish the term??

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Really good question that deserves an answer for his donors.   Also, if you run for office and the r term is only two years, unless you have a family emergency, is it really too much to ask to finish the term??

There’s a reason he’s not.  And it’s a good one. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

There’s a reason he’s not.  And it’s a good one. 

If this is truly "sabotage", I don't think it's going to work out well...

The district is solid R.  If this guy isn't a fan of the current s#!t show and protesting, chances are whoever wins the next election is going to make things worse!

Instead of bailing out, the rational people need to stay in office and make it very public about how pissed off they are.  Maybe then rational voters that simply vote along party lines but don't really pay atttention will take notice.

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s not family considerations. 

Then he just a quit on his constituents that faithfully elected him assuming he could fulfill a mere two year duty while getting paid handsomely and leave with a massive campaign war chest?   How brave of him:lol:

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Then he just a quit on his constituents that faithfully elected him assuming he could fulfill a mere two year duty while getting paid handsomely and leave with a massive campaign war chest?   How brave of him:lol:

it could be worse...he could have switched parties and voted against the people who voted him in

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, commando said:

to protect his family

This is a cop out.  If his family is threatened in any way he needs to go public with that too; with receipts.  This mess isn't going to end as long as no one is willing to try and fix it.  

I wish I was smarter and likeable, I'd run :D

• Plus1 1