The Environment

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Because your schtick is always sarcasm, nobody can tell if or when you're joking.

Please, for the love of God, tell me that you're not dumb enough to use the 10 day weather for your local city as proof for or against climate change.

Because I don't know if you knew this, but 2024 has thus far been so catastrophic for the climate that the even the worst case scenarios are being blown past.

So worried about everything even things you don't need to be worried about.  

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Global climate change is now the accepted terminology. It will and has caused extremes of both ends. You are still subjected to weather patterns. 

no ridicule here just do with that what you will. 

I already have!  Ha

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So worried about everything even things you don't need to be worried about.  

I already have!  Ha

“The worst case scenarios have been blown by” :lol:

Welp, at least now we can just live our lives without all the moaning from alarmist.   Apparently we already blew past the worst case scenarios so we are screwed anyways.   Or not.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Can we ALL just agree that this summer, when we have 10 hot days in a row, that there is not a bunch of posts here about global warming...because remember...ahhhh never mind.

I have changed posters minds on abortion, on the death penalty and on guns...but even I know no minds are every changed about the weather.   

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Welp, at least now we can just live our lives without all the moaning from alarmist.   Apparently we already blew past the worst case scenarios so we are screwed anyways.   Or not.  

I am 100% that people have asked the mods to get rid of the fire emoji because of the environment. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 3
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I mean honestly humanity deserves what's coming to it because people are stupid. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I mean honestly humanity deserves what's coming to it because people are stupid. 

You got that right brother.  The enviro bros wanting to further bankrupt the country on all their schemes when you’ve already told us we blew past the worst case scenario is peak….

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You got that right brother.  The enviro bros wanting to further bankrupt the country on all their schemes when you’ve already told us we blew past the worst case scenario is peak….

Please, for the love of God, stop voting. You are entirely unequipped for it. 

If you think that legislation like the Inflation Reduction Act - which fully paid for climate investments in the bill and has actively raised more money than it has spent on climate tax credits - has or will bankrupted the country... well, honestly that actually tracks with voters like you. So completely hopeless and disconnected from reality that our only hope is to keep people like this disconnected from politics all together. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
30 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Please, for the love of God, stop voting. You are entirely unequipped for it. 

If you think that legislation like the Inflation Reduction Act - which fully paid for climate investments in the bill and has actively raised more money than it has spent on climate tax credits - has or will bankrupted the country... well, honestly that actually tracks with voters like you. So completely hopeless and disconnected from reality that our only hope is to keep people like this disconnected from politics all together. 

Right on Bro!  I was just going to switch parties tomorrow until I read your post that we blew past all the catastrophic predictions this year.  Damn AOC over estimated our destruction by like 6 years!!!!    WTH?   I was gonna get behind those multi trillion dollar ideas that I guess are fully funded….  

Too bad the enviro Bros didn’t have better ideas I guess.  We could have saved the planet….from something

• Fire 1
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Right on Bro!  I was just going to switch parties tomorrow until I read your post that we blew past all the catastrophic predictions this year.  Damn AOC over estimated our destruction by like 6 years!!!!    WTH?   I was gonna get behind those multi trillion dollar ideas that I guess are fully funded….  

Too bad the enviro Bros didn’t have better ideas I guess.  We could have saved the planet….from something

Don't switch parties, stop participating in politics. Spend time with your family, pick up a new hobby, whatever it is stop spending time on politics and worse taking that time you've spent cultivating political opinions to the voting booth.

You don't understand the world around you, and that's okay. It's a big scary place, and reactionary and angry politics that you vote for isn't the answer. I get it man, but for the sake of everybody, disengage all together. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Don't switch parties, stop participating in politics. Spend time with your family, pick up a new hobby, whatever it is stop spending time on politics and worse taking that time you've spent cultivating political opinions to the voting booth.

You don't understand the world around you, and that's okay. It's a big scary place, and reactionary and angry politics that you vote for isn't the answer. I get it man, but for the sake of everybody, disengage all together. 

I am gonna take your advice.  Everyone should my man including you.  We’ve apparently passed the point of no return in this big scary place according you what you said earlier.   There is no point in trying to change anything.  

Let’s just hug our loved ones, sit on the porch and watch one of the last sun rises until the melted glaciers wash everyone away.  

It’s been a good run.  I just wish we could have watched Dylan Raiola play out his career as a Husker.  We were so close to getting the football team turned around and this damn global warming, errrr global climate change, errrrr global catastrophe had to be blown past in 2024.   

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not to beat a very very dead horse...but snow in Omaha today???

I was gonna give you a fire emoji but I didn’t want to hasten the destruction of global cooling, errr global warmi….i mean climate change.   I already used my gas stove this morning and figured that was all the contribution I was gonna make to destroying our planet.   Not getting sucked in to a fire emoji and making things even worse on my account.  Ya’ll can thank me later.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I don't expect the bros who struggle with concepts like rates, ratios, and proportions to understand weather vs climate but I'll post this for people who actually can understand rudimentary statistics and trends

https://apnews.com/article/hot-climate-change-records-oceans-0af09f155051b25d245a0fd28fe23af6

For the ninth straight month, Earth has obliterated global heat records — with February, the winter as a whole and the world’s oceans setting new high-temperature marks

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Best part of that article was the picture of the bros playing volleyball!

How about this gem from article.   Why didn’t these a$$h@!es tell me to stop using my gas stove 5 years ago so we didn’t hit defcon 10 on this scary place.  

And why are we holding in-person climate change meetings.  Isn’t zoom a thing now!  Or did these people plant a tree before their private jet flight and do the carbon neutral thingy?

Francis said on a 1-to-10 scale of how bad the situation is, she gives what’s happening now “a 10, but soon we’ll need a new scale because what’s a 10 today will be a five in the future unless society can stop the buildup of heat-trapping gases.”

• Plus1 2