The Environment

24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

3 loons arrested (I do not agree with that) for protesting at the US Open and having "end fossil fuel" shirts...

Classic.  Thanks to them for saving the earth.  

Society was on the brink of extinction until the cult protested us out of it at the US Open.   Whewwwwww.  Close call.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Those 3 loons are the real MVPs!

I was literally getting ready to have a conversation with my kids about this being the end and I was so sorry I kept the lights on a few times and double flushed once causing all the Earths chaos.   Then miraculously the famed three protested and all was once again right in the world. :restore

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Given the latest newest estimate of humanity….
I’m at a crossroads here on what “the science” is telling me as I’m getting 2 vastly different vibes and it’s very disconcerting. How do I prepare for polar opposite views of “settled science”?   Do we only have 1 or 2 more Presidents to elect or 60 million?   Do we have 7 1/2 years left or 250 million?  

If Dr. Cortez is right, why am I sending my kids to school when no one will be alive for them to see the fruits of their schooling.  However, if Dr. Cortez is wrong and I DON’T send my two younger ones to school, then they end up behind the curve and left to loot Nordstroms and Apple and Chanel and Louis V in order to get bread and feed their families.   Wheeewwww, I wish this settled science on humanities existence wasn’t so settled.  

https://www.science.org/content/article/earth-s-future-supercontinent-may-be-too-hot-most-mammals#:~:text=In about 250 million years,almost entirely uninhabitable for mammals.

• Plus1 2

Being worried about the climate is like being a soccer fan in the US.  

1.  You must defend soccer at all costs

2.  You must deny other sports and their popularity

3.  You must tell everyone how soccer is actually a huge deal

4.  You must keep telling everyone how soccer will soon be the most popular sport in America

5.  You must get mad at people when they don't agree with you.

6.  You must try to get your kids involved with soccer at the youngest age possible

7.  You must spend your weekends focused on soccer games for your kids, 500 miles from your house, playing vs teams that are from your home town.

• TBH 1