The Environment

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

While John Kerry was wrong (I'm not sure where he's pulling this number from as I haven't seen that from actual climate scientists), it's not quite the win climate change deniers want it to be:

Too late now to save Arctic summer ice, climate scientists find

The IPCC report concluded that the Arctic would lose its summer ice in the 2040s in intermediate and high emissions scenarios, but the new research advances that by a decade into the 2030s.

Also, even the ice that we do have in the Artic now is thinner than it used to be:

Climate Change: Arctic sea ice summer minimum

In mid-March 1985 (left), the winter maximum ice pack was dominated by ice at least 4 years old (white). In 2021 (right), only a small strip of very old ice remained tucked up against the islands of the Canadian Arctic. More than half of the winter ice pack was less than a year old (dark blue).

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, commando said:

first time ever....i wonder what has changed?

Long Beach in 1939.  Hurricane hit San Diego County in 1858 back when the oil companies were releasing massive amounts of carbon causing the planet to fry.  Must have been all that global warming back then.  It almost seems like an event happens every 80-90 years in Southern California.  

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

• 2 weeks later...