The Environment

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is my reaction when I was told about things that we needed to be worried about growing up...

Quicksand

Stop Drop and Roll (We were apparently always going to be on fire)

and...changing to the metric system. 

Yeah we constantly heard about those. I’ve never seen or experienced quicksand except in some old movies. Never had to stop, drop and roll although that might still come in handy some day. And the metric system sucks. I have a few customers who use it. Pisses me off. I charge them extra for having to convert that s#!t. :lol:

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah we constantly heard about those. I’ve never seen or experienced quicksand except in some old movies. Never had to stop, drop and roll although that might still come in handy some day. And the metric system sucks. I have a few customers who use it. Pisses me off. I charge them extra for having to convert that s#!t. :lol:

Oh and...

Piranhas!  

Like, did adults back then think that kids lived in "Pitfall" the video game?

I had Piranhas in one of my many fish tanks (yes, I was a virgin until my late 20's, shut up) and they boring.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh and...

Piranhas!  

I had Piranhas in one of my many fish tanks (yes, I was a virgin until my late 20's, shut up) and they boring.

You were doing piranhas all wrong.

Guy in our frat had a piranha. He would go buy 13 goldfish, 12 gold ones and 1 albino. We would throw in $5 or $10 and draw a number 1 thru 13. He would dump all the goldfish in the piranha tank at once and whatever order the albino got eaten the person with that number would win the pool. It got a bit turbulent in the tank and didn’t take very long.

• Haha 2
Just now, JJ Husker said:

You were doing piranhas all wrong.

Guy in our frat had a piranha. He would go buy 13 goldfish, 12 gold ones and 1 albino. We would throw in $5 or $10 and draw a number 1 thru 13. He would dump all the goldfish in the piranha tank at once and whatever order the albino got eaten the person with that number would win the pool. It got a bit turbulent in the tank and didn’t take very long.

I put a bass in with mine...and they just kept nipping at the bass for like, 3 hours.  My Dad got pissed...made my take the bass out.

My snapping turtle, that thing would eat 12 big goldfish in 60 seconds.

The worst though?!?!

I bought 2 illegal (in the US at the time) Scorpions at a pet swap, think baseball card show just with "pets".  There was a dude "NOT SELLING" a baby lion at this one...wink.

I bought two of the scorpions and put them in a tank and put a divider in so they were not get near each other...They NEVER f#&%ing moved, never did a thing.  BORING AS f#&%

One morning, I wake up and one burrowed under the divider and they f#&%ing killed each other.  

20 dollars each!

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well it was the Babylon Bee…

The unquestionable authority took my knees out.

Hopefully you know it’s parody.  

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

One of my favorites.   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Imperial units suck a$$, although I don't really have any concept of Newtons, so pounds are still cool. 

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Imperial units suck a$$, although I don't really have any concept of Newtons, so pounds are still cool. 

Metric wouldn’t be bad, in fact it would be good if we all used it everyday and had used it for the last 40 years. But we don’t and haven’t so yeah, it sucks. Metric comes up for most of us virtually never and, in my case, only about 10-20% of the time. It’s just annoying and senseless. It’s a superior method of measurement but a PITA used intermittently.

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Would you mean like global cooling to global warming to climate change to its man made to who cares why it’s happening we need to fix it to……..

BTW…..what relevant person has said the climate doesn’t change?  Who says “it’s not happening at all”?   We see people saying it’s currently a relatively stable climate environment.  We see people saying man isn’t the main driver in whatever short term climate changes has  been made.   

You literally are doing the same thing that you complained the tweeter was doing :lol:

Climate change is not happening was a very common climate denial said often, most recently by the guy you voted for twice. His official stance was "it's a hoax by China". Climate denial often goes into, well it's happening but it's not caused by Humans which seems to be what this quack on Twitter is suggesting. 

And herein lies the problem with the climate cult.    The post by Michael you are responding to and disparaging doesn’t even make the assertion you are now fighting!   It isn’t about who, what, how, any sort of climate change has happened.   It’s mostly about the extent of how much the climate has changed (btw, it’s ALWAYS gonna change) and how it affects human existence.   

I disparaged Michael because his stance on solar panels is beyond idiotic. The rest of his takes are equally stupid - it's why there are hundreds of organizations that take stances that are much different and suggest that human behavior is responsible, the ramifications of which are enormous, and what needs to be done to address it. I also disparaged anybody else who takes the Trump stance that is a hoax by China, which is why I've provided you with multiple sources.

Yet you always just go back to “humans are responsible”.   But for what?   Things like Greater damage by storms???  Sure, we have more people living on the shore!!  Duh!!   Things like it’s super hot in Arizona?   Duh!!  Its biggest city is basically a desert climate, yet it’s a growing metro.  People have adapted to all this “man made climate catastrophe cult science”   

Really? This is your take? You're well aware that humans are responsible for fossil fuel use which leads to carbon emissions, which causes climate change. Honestly the rest of this post is so insane that it's not worth responding to, other than it's strange - and I mean this completely honestly - that individuals are so wrapped up in their political identity that they're willing to take such crazy positions despite overwhelming consensus to the contrary. Not only that, what you can see and observe in the world around you every day, especially this summer. 

How you're able to construct an alternate reality and live in it just so your worldview makes sense is utterly astonishing. I truly don't know how you do it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 2