Trump's (Lack of) Approval Rating

So you think immigrants are taking lots of middle class jobs away from qualified Americans? (They're not).

Also, I don't think you know what massive or influx mean. 40 million is a big, eyecatching number, but this isn't the highest % of immigrants we've had in the U.S.

Per capita is what matters.

This isn't a surprise to me at this point. I said before I voted for Trump and had my reasons. My hope was the "weight" of the presidency would fall on him, he'd feel it and step up to the challenge and begin acting more presidential. Now I realize some will argue that he's done this that or the other thing since he's taken office. While true you also have to be charismatic and precise with your words, that's the politics coming into play. So far he's fallen flat on his face in that area, for me at least, and my hope that he steps up to the challenge has fallen rapidly. I'm pretty disappointed in his continued antics in front of the media, on social media, etc. Am I surprised, not really, maybe a tiny bit as I figured some of this would've stopped, but it's like he's still stuck on the campaign trail with how he's saying things. You won, STFU and get on with it!

• Fire 3

His approval rating is not surprising when the major media types have been bashing him for two years nonstop and do the polling themselves. It doesn't matter at this point as his true approval rating is how his voters feel and they are thrilled with almost everything. He is on his way to being a great President. Go Donald Go!

Gallup is doing the polling and they are not a media organization. His "true" approval rating? Yeah, if you remove the people who disapprove of him, I'm sure his numbers would improve. But notice that even among those of previously approved, that number is going down.

Out of curiosity, has Trump done anything you didn't approve of?

This isn't a surprise to me at this point. I said before I voted for Trump and had my reasons. My hope was the "weight" of the presidency would fall on him, he'd feel it and step up to the challenge and begin acting more presidential. Now I realize some will argue that he's done this that or the other thing since he's taken office. While true you also have to be charismatic and precise with your words, that's the politics coming into play. So far he's fallen flat on his face in that area, for me at least, and my hope that he steps up to the challenge has fallen rapidly. I'm pretty disappointed in his continued antics in front of the media, on social media, etc. Am I surprised, not really, maybe a tiny bit as I figured some of this would've stopped, but it's like he's still stuck on the campaign trail with how he's saying things. You won, STFU and get on with it!

I'm a little surprised too honestly and I obviously didn't vote for him. I knew he'd continue to be an idiot and an a**hole (imo) but I didn't think he'd be talking about Clinton and his victory margin and going batsh#t crazy on the media in February. He's acting like a loser (in the literal sense - he's acting like he lost the election). He's the f***ing president. You'd think he'd be happy and focus on his job.

Let's take the crowd size fiasco. That was a couple tweets by people and it was stupid. Inauguration crowd size is irrelevant.

Then instead of him ignoring it or saying Obama's election was historic or even making a joke about Clinton's campaign crowd sizes like a sane person who just became president, he blew it completely out of proportion and made it a thing, which caused the media to refute his lies about it.

• Fire 2

This is who he's always been, why would that change when he's in the nation's highest office?

No idea, I'm gullible apparently, which really irks me because I just wouldn't have voted for president if I had knew he'd continue down this path. :steam
We all got sold a bill of goods, and we're all in this together.
  • Fire 3

It's a healthy sign for America that Trump's ratings are so low. It means that we recognized this guy isn't what we all hoped he'd become and we demand better.

Now we just need to hope there IS better when Trump is gone. Another campaign full of bad choices puts us right back in the same predicament.