Bernie vs Cruz

Fact-checking clearly shows - no surprise - that Cruz is a habitual liar, while Sanders is almost entirely truthful.

That's because facts are part of the Liberal Agenda?

---

The debate was good and needed, and Sanders (and by extension, the ACA) had an overwhelmingly good night. Only problem was the small business question that someone already brought up in the thread...but Cruz really didn't seize on that opportunity all that well. Thought there was a great opening for him to discuss...as well as a place for Sanders to discuss social morality in regards to business ownership.

...but it's funny/sad that Cruz, a supposedly devout "Christian", is debating that Health Care isn't a universal right when the Bible itself instructs its followers to care for the sick as if they are your own.

At least the debate was rather civil, to an extent. Forgot what seeing a real debate was like after seeing Der Orangenfuhrer crap the bed time and again the past 1.5 years.

I didn't see the debate so I have no comment on it. Only a comment on the bold above. I am not making the following statement for or against the ACA only in response to the above statement. It is very true that the Bible instructs Christians to care for the sick, however, the method of care is still debatable. One could argue if it is 'Christian' to have a law that forces with penalty (tax) individuals to buy a particular product against or with their free will. While Jesus said to render onto Cesar that which belongs to Cesar, He also denounced the scribes and pharisees for placing too big of a burden on people with their laws and offerings. So, I think it is fair to debate the method of care and a person can be either for or against a particular method of providing care - ie ACA without questioning one's faith commitment. Regarding 'universal' - I think we have a universal responsibility to care for our brother.

It was indeed nice to see a civil discussion about the best way to proceed. It's important we have these type of discussions so people can actually, you know, learn about issues instead of just accepting whatever reality the nearest traffic cone-colored man-baby feeds them.

But again, the problem comes with people just tuning in, hearing one person or the other say something that sounds good that they agree with, and just assuming that person was telling the truth. I fear too many folks aren't diligent enough to fact check and wind up getting sucked into spin shows like Ted put on last night.

I thought Bernie was honest and Ted made a decent attempt at trying to push their vision for the future of our healthcare. He espoused the right principles. The problem is that the things Ted brought up to drive down costs - selling across state lines, marginalizing government healthcare in favor of more private plans, doing away with the mandate - haven't demonstrably been shown to accomplish what he says they will accomplish. Problem is people get sucked into the cozy feelings of capitalism and how more competition is the key to lower prices on any given thing, and I'm just not sure that applies to healthcare.

Ted seems to operate in a bubble where insurance companies are altruistic, benevolent entities that exist only to help cover good, hard working Americans, driving down prices for them and then patting each other on the back for helping people. Ted and I have a very different view of insurance companies - as Bernie said, they exist to make money. Period.

At the same time, you have Republicans supporting mergers between gigantic media companies like Verizon and AT&T because the companies assure them it will be good for business. What happens the next time Aetna and Humana want to merge? Isn't that LESS competition?

I see a lot of flaws in Cruz's argument. But Bernie's have his own too. I wish he would've been more willing to hit back on Cruz when he was gloating about how awful the ACA was.

CNN is only mildly liberal, on the surface anyway.

You seem bad at this sarcasm thing.
could it be your interpretive apparatus is a bit off? CNN is, at best, only slightly liberal. One does not know where each reporter stands politically themselves, but they do present dems and repubs fairly equally and give a fair amount of attention to "identity politics" as well as "social justice". But there main men, Blitzer, King, Taper, they are report right down the middle, just presenting the facts as possible.

CNN is a corporate entity so, fundamentally it it right wing, private profit driven and therefore will never present any hard hitting expose', on say, the Koch Bros, or Goldman Sachs, or whoever they are beholden to by the almighty dollar.

They present a liberal veneer because they've decided that is their main demographic they want to target.

They stick rigidly to superficial politics like everybody else, so you never get to the actual inner machinations of these--the dirty underbelly.

Their Sunday shows present the views of AEI, HeritageN and Council on Foreign Relations just like everybody else does.

In no way shape or form are they "left wing", they will slam Castro, or Maduro, etc, as hard as the next guy.

Whens's the last time you saw Ralph Nadar or Noam Chomsky on CNN? That's right, never. There's a reason for that.

There are no left wing MSM news shows.

CNN is only mildly liberal, on the surface anyway.

You seem bad at this sarcasm thing.

could it be your interpretive apparatus is a bit off? CNN is, at best, only slightly liberal. One does not know where each reporter stands politically themselves, but they do present dems and repubs fairly equally and give a fair amount of attention to "identity politics" as well as "social justice". But there main men, Blitzer, King, Taper, they are report right down the middle, just presenting the facts as possible.

CNN is a corporate entity so, fundamentally it it right wing, private profit driven and therefore will never present any hard hitting expose', on say, the Koch Bros, or Goldman Sachs, or whoever they are beholden to by the almighty dollar.

They present a liberal veneer because they've decided that is their main demographic they want to target.

They stick rigidly to superficial politics like everybody else, so you never get to the actual inner machinations of these--the dirty underbelly.

Their Sunday shows present the views of AEI, HeritageN and Council on Foreign Relations just like everybody else does.

In no way shape or form are they "left wing", they will slam Castro, or Maduro, etc, as hard as the next guy.

Whens's the last time you saw Ralph Nadar or Noam Chomsky on CNN? That's right, never. There's a reason for that.

There are no left wing MSM news shows.

You've made it clear you don't give a crap what I say, and apparently think you might get under my skin for who knows what reason, but go ahead and keep swinging if you must.

And that's the way it is.

You seem really bad at this sarcasm thing.

Ok, if that was sarcasm, then maybe I understood what she was going for. I don't know Moraine enough to know where she's coming from.

I thought the "or something" part made it obvious?

You did the same thing in the football forum. If something sounds really really stupid, it's probably too stupid to be true. Although with Trump as president I suppose it's hard to tell now.

Ok, if that was sarcasm, then maybe I understood what she was going for. I don't know Moraine enough to know where she's coming from.

I thought the "or something" part made it obvious?

You did the same thing in the football forum. If something sounds really really stupid, it's probably too stupid to be true. Although with Trump as president I suppose it's hard to tell now.

If you say Belichick is a "hack", I guess I didn't know either way, alotta peeps hate Belichick. I'll go back and reread. Besides, I was having to fight off those other guys who were slammin me about RBs.

At least I got a chance to diss on CNN.

Ok, I'm up to speed on your sarcasm, we're good now, let er rip. ;)