***2017 Pre-Season Previews Megathread***

Saunders

Mike Riley has the quarterback “to pilot” the offense he wants. Tanner Lee not overwhelming at Tulane, but didn’t have supporting cast. Couple of solid receivers. Defensively, just five starters back but expect improvement because of new coordinator Bob Diaco.

“Having Diaco is big,” Steele said. “He’s a great defensive mind. I know his teams at Connecticut didn’t fare well, but their defense was always outstanding. Problem was offense couldn’t move the ball.”

His pick: 8-4. Because of the schedule.

“There are four games to look at,” Steele said. “At Oregon, second week. That’s going to be tough. Oregon’s going to be one of the most improved teams in the country. Wisconsin, they’ll be favored in all 12 games. Ohio State and Penn State are a pair of top-10 teams.

“Schedule is huge in picking teams. I have them picking up third in the West. If they were to win the Wisconsin game, then they’re a Western Division contender.”

OWH

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 10:05 AM, In the Deed the Glory said:

I was having trouble believing in Wisconsin going 11-1, then I looked at their schedule:

Utah State

Florida Atlantic

@ BYU

Northwestern

@ Nebraska

Purdue

Maryland

@ Illinois

@ Indiana

Iowa

Michigan

@ Minnesota

I still think 10-2, but 11-1 could happen.

10-2 could work for us if we beat them and Michigan beats them. If we manage to limit our conference losses to tOSU and Penn St, could be a good season. I think my look is optimistic, but not unrealistic. There's no reason to think we couldn't pull off wins against everyone else. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic